Realm Connections -- September 24-25

@Kaivax I know it’s basically implied at this point, but can we get official confirmation that the Exodar/Medivh/Alleria/Khadgar connection has been canceled indefinitely, and if so, can we get character services re-enabled?

I finally have enough gold to get my Brutosaur, but I need to get all my characters onto one server in order to be able to put the gold together to buy it. Prepatch is fast approaching, and I don’t want to miss my shot (cue Hamilton).

3 Likes

It’s been cancelled and postponed, see:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22835078

Cant answer about the server lock but in the past they have only been removed once the connection was finished, the post is worded in a way that it will see a future connection date.

Thanks for the link! I figured the connection would still happen, but if it’s not happening before prepatch at this point, then I’m hoping/asking/begging they unlock character services immediately so that we aren’t screwed out of stuff like the Brutosaur that is going away with prepatch.

I generally have no need for gold beyond repairs/consumables/transmog and largely hate gold farming, so the fact I got the gold together for the Brutosaur is a feat of strength for me. I’m going to be absolutely crushed if the hundreds of hours of effort I did for this is effectively lost/wasted because of what is basically procedural oversight.

3 Likes

Oh gosh, I’d be pretty upset if I were you… I really hope you won’t get screwed over by this.

Fingers crossed for you.

Blizz Brazil here, we need u love too … PLZ !

2 Likes

Good luck! I know you have been busting your back to get the Long Boi!

1 Like

I’d really like to transfer my previous main (from Vanilla) off of Medivh over to my current server, Sargeras. I had been waiting for the opportunity to do so, but with this delay, I still am not able to perform the transfer. Could we please get some clarity on if/when transfers will be available given this indeterminate delay in the merge process?

Also, I’m curious if the delay has to do with the incredible amounts of lag we’ve been experiencing in Uldum lately.

Please let us know if there is any further information to share, as I (and others, I’m sure) would like to get my transfer done before the prepatch drops.

2 Likes

The delay would have more to do with the issues Khadgar is facing…

1 Like

This is how I feel about Rexxar/Misha

I keep reading all these people be like “Earthen Ring!”

Lol looks like they might have enough people to do something in this thread alone. :laughing:

2 Likes

We’re trying. :cry: And trying to updoot all the other smaller servers in the same boat while we’re at it.

It’s a bit of a concerted effort among remaining guilds on ER. We’re listed as low pop but we’re doing our best to spread the word with our realm forums, across allied guild Discord servers, and bringing it up in the in-game General and Trade chats. We’ve been trying to get Blizzard’s attention for a while and this has become a bit of a last-ditch effort.

Other than the forums and in-game suggestion tool, we don’t have too many other avenues. Really hoping on another blue post on Realm Connections soon and will be looking for ER and other names.

ER is already CRZ’d with Argent Dawn, Sentinels, Kirin Tor, and Scryers. Last week, we had Argent Dawn RPers come to our weekly Thursday RP gathering and it was fantastic! Connecting with them officially and adding other small RP/PvE servers would be wonderful.

Also, putting in another note of love for Brazilian servers. What possibilities do they have to help with their population issues, Blizzard? Are you considering merging them with US servers?

5 Likes

We occasionally spike up to Medium, which could count against us. It never lasts, obviously, and it wouldn’t be a problem if we got linked with other servers and started spiking to High. What a HORRIBLE problem that would be. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Feathermoon/Scarlet Crusade is in the same boat, low pop and hope to be merged with 2 or more RP servers.

1 Like

Yes, this would be really unfair, I have no idea about your gold ratio split, but you potentially could have 2,5 mil here and 2,5 mil here and aiming for a guild master transfer, those that can move the guild bank, cause otherwise the cap is 1 mil, and in that case it’s not exactly like you can make them back in the time there’s left, so if they don’t hurry up with that connection it would be a real slight, and I actually have no idea on how you could circumvent this; I hope they finish this connection and unlock the transfers early enough for you.

I’d rather any RP server be NOT merged with Emerald Dream and that server group. ED has such a terrible community and it should have just become a normal server not an RP server, barely anyone RPs on it. Granted, its better than it used to be (once the PvP tag was removed RP did pick up), but…

I’d vastly rather the last unmerged RP servers be merged with wyrmrest accord or moonguard, both servers tons of RP (ignoring goldshire on MG) and friendly communities. Plus those two servers are a lot more lively.

1 Like

ok so I’d be fine with kirin tor/sentinels/swc/argentdawn/emeralddream/earthern ring :D:D:D I can dream right? lol

3 Likes

Yeah, the Earthen Ring Merge/Connection is a campaign that some of us very vocal people are trying to do, and for some time. We love our server but we need to some life breathed into it. Or necromancy. I’m fine with either.

But seriously, we could use it. And it sounds like a few other RP servers wouldn’t mind it. We’ll keep trying. (Or, if not possible, why we can’t be merged would be nice to know, too)

4 Likes

any news if this is done? I have been waiting almost 3 weeks to transfer characters and keep getting told the scheduled keeps getting pushed back

3 Likes

I’d also like to hear if this is complete.

2 Likes

i opened another ticket and they are saying up to another week to be able to perform transfers. Im pissed because I have been trying to move characters for 3 weeks and this will make 1 month and I just get this half assed answers and redirects

2 Likes

I looked up what servers that are compatible with time zone and type, you might be joining The Scryers and Argent Dawn servers when connected. Best of luck on your server merge.

1 Like