Realm Connections -- August 13

That was a given with the first merges. Cairne/Perenolde (primarily Alliance) got merged with Cenarius (primarily Alliance) instead of merging a Horde realm in.

you got all 20 of us on Garona happy now we have to wait :smiley: Can we get beta instead plz :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bruh, merging us with 5 other realms? Really? Quelā€™dorei-Senā€™Jin isnā€™t even low pop. Not looking forward to this.

Honestly, we get next to nothing out of this. No competitive guilds, and now we will have horde running around when itā€™s been an Alliance safe haven for years, PvE sever pre WM as well. I came here from a PvP server to get away from that kind of player base, now Iā€™m forced into it due to the sheer number of horde arriving tomorrow.

Iā€™m cool with people that want to PvP, but I hate it personally and actively go out of my way to avoid it. Warmode will be stupid going forward, I will not be using it. Khaz Modan has been my home for yearsā€¦ So disappointed.

1 Like

Please Connect Drenden-Arathor with a horde heavy server or twoā€¦ The faction balance on this pair of servers is way in Allianceā€™s favor. :frowning:

Awesome! I still have a few characters on Garrosh that I play on time-to-time. I moved most of my characters to Area 52 a while back because this realm was relatively dead most of the time when I was online.

Hopefully now that Garrosh is getting connected to some realms, Iā€™ll start to see more players in the city and other areas of the game world when I play on this particular realm. :slight_smile:

Those are RP servers they arenā€™t aiming for the same thing.

If they give you back the gold they should also take away the duplicate items. Also I am pretty sure what you are posting is an exploit.

For this type of thing you should stick to your European realms. This thread is strictly for US region connections.

and here i thought we might still be able to play but nope, weā€™re down for maintenance too. and Gurubashi is still missing from the post lol

1 Like

yep i just noticed that too. I was happy that at least one of my server was supposed to be upā€¦but nope.

Is there any reason you guys decided to take servers offline during the hours players are most likely to be awake? Sometimes i have a day off, and it aligns with one of these offline periods due to whatever reason, go to log in and yep, you guessed it, canā€™t play the game I PAY to play.

4 Likes

I love how Garona just canā€™t catch a break.

3 Likes

My favorite part about this is that you are taking an entire day, that I would have used to play, to perform this maintenance and NOT doing it at night (midnight to 7am, etc) when most are offline. I can only assume this is either due to 1) you not wanting to pay night differentials or 2) poor planning or 3) you donā€™t know or care when people play the most.

As one of the other 20 people on Garona, I second this motion.

1 Like

Any news about Drakkari merge? Iā€™ll appreciate it.

Welp. I didnā€™t even know the merges were happening. I hope this doesnā€™t happen, or Iā€™m going to be extremely perturbed. :confused:

Really the only thing this matters for is the clock in the upper right corner of your screen. My server is supposed to be PST but most guilds iā€™ve seen have raids start at 8-9 est and run to 11-12 est. There are guilds on some servers that raid true pst and donā€™t start raiding till midnight but they are in the minority.

They will never remove crzā€¦

You have to do some research to find a late night guild. I have a friend that plays on Dragonblight, his guild raids something like 11pm to 2am est. But, not every guild on Dragonblight raids that late. So it is just a matter of finding those guilds that operate in your time frame.

Garrosh was unique though because its a Los Angeles server, but it ran on eastern timeā€¦ post merger today only 2 such servers still exist (Namely Eldreā€™thalas and Bonechewer)ā€¦ even though realm time was eastern, it cross realms with pacific servers and you your ping to it would probably be the same as to Proudmoore or any other pacific server.

Actually all 4 of the mergers that happened today were between Los Angeles based servers, the one Chicago server in the list (the Garona/Malygos one) they put off.

Currently post mergers there are 39 west Coast Los Angeles Server clusters (6 of which are RP) and 57 east coast Chicago based server clusters (5 of those are RP)ā€¦ 96 server clusters for the US as a whole.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the problem with that post of mine?

I commented about how these connections are gonna be population wise, and that connections to high pop realms, like aegwynn US effectively is when they take away the new players tag, is a thing typically not done in the past in the US but only in the EU, and now it seems theyā€™re doing that on both regions.

The rest about rares concerns both regions, mine was in a very minor part referred to the EU.

In fact, seeing how theyā€™re being more aggressive in a region than the other with connections might even be interesting or useful to predict that could happen to the other region too, and now it looks to me like itā€™s happening.