Realm Connections -- August 13

Updated 8:25 p.m. PDT August 12

Due to a previously unforseen issue, we have decided to hold off on connecting Garona to Icecrown+Malygos until a later date, to be determined. The other listed realm connections will go ahead as planned tomorrow.

During a special maintenance period (currently planned for 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PDT (10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT) on Thursday, August 13), the following realm connections will be made:

• The Frostwolf and Vashj realms will join Drak’Tharon, Firetree, Malorne, Rivendare, Spirestone, and Stormscale .
  • The Blackrock realm will join the Azjol-Nerub and Khaz Modan realms.
  • The Garona realm will join the Icecrown and Malygos realms.
  • The Bloodscalp, Boulderfist, Dunemaul, Maiev, and Stonemaul realms will join the Quel’dorei and Sen’jin realms.
  • Garrosh will join Aegwynn, Bonechewer, Daggerspine, Gurubashi, and Hakkar.

We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post further notifications like this one in the coming weeks.

Thank you!

10 Likes

That’s one beefy connection. Please consider

Maelstrom, Lightninghoof, The Venture Co, Ravenholdt, Twisting-Nether

for another connection. I’ve been on a few times since the connection and the situation for our realms really doesn’t seem much better at all.

4 Likes

My farming toons on another low pop realm breathe a sigh of relief as they dodge connections for another week.

…I probably jinxed it.

4 Likes

I assume its just a clerical Error but This list Doesn’t include Dunemaul which has been connected to the former 4 servers since Mists

6 Likes

Nice! Well show the new guys the ropes around these parts.

Advise everyone that owns a guild on these realms to take out your gold or you will lose a huge chunk of it. On the last merge several lost a lot of gold and have yet to get it back. All we are told is that we need to research why WoW took our gold, then told that it is an addon (I do not use addons), then said that many lost gold and that they are working on it.

I would think that until this is fixed that they do not merge other realms or it is going to happen again. Also if you have items in the AH they will multiply and you will end up with several copies of everything you have listed in the AH.

5 Likes

Can we please make sure you fix the bugs you had pop up in the previous merge before doing this?

3 Likes

Have you actually reached out to those that play on these realms and asked them if this is what they want by majority? Some people like being on a small realm even though the mistake of sharding is still happening and I see lots of people not from my realm in my farming areas.

3 Likes

Can you not? Our server cluster feels overloaded all the time. Send them elsewhere please.

4 Likes

rip all the actually rares…

eventually I will just drop the hunt for some of those.

I chose Garrosh because it was a low population server, I am not happy with being joined to multiple other servers.

1 Like

sadly they are forcing people to “connect” with each other, it will cause the other effect… for some people that enjoy playing on low pop servers.

3 Likes

It was easier finding rare mounts and pets on a low population server. Now we will have to wait in long lines or give up on having those.

Much easier to give up, after all the few mounts or achievements are locked behind tedious camping and lets not forget future griefing from hunters and huolon.

This isnt “content” it’s just a miserable experience that at some point will realize as mount collectors…

1 Like

Clearly they did not take into consideration, what the players on these realms wanted. Because they never reached out to me or anyone in my guild.

This post is missing Gurubashi, which is currently connected to Aegwynn et al.

Our numbers grow!

2 Likes

Alexa, play “Another One Bites the Dust” for all my rare farming on Blackrock.

4 Likes

At last I can post in the US too (EU player here)!

I’m very interested in the population matters, and overall according to raider io, which seems to be the most reliable population tracker atm short of actually playing on these realms and doing A LOT of who checks, they’re all typical mergers, taking low or medium realms and making them high pops, exception made for garona + icecrown and malygos, which are a little lower than the others, and garrosh + aegwynn and the rest, I’m pretty sure the 2nd of these clusters has to be high pop, this is something blizzard occasionally did or tried to do in the past.

For example back in 2013 or 2014 in the first round of connections, they connected the low pop dentarg EU to tarren mill EU, which was high if not even full, and nowadays if I check a single zone on who I find 49 people from tarren mill, 1 from dentarg!

They tried again in russia with razuvius + galakrond recently, low + high, but connection failed, and then again in germany with mal’ganis (low) + blackhand (full) but failed again.

As far as I know, these kind of aggressive connections were much rarer in US than EU, cause if I go check population sides your biggest connected realms so far are way smaller than the biggest servers, while in EU you will see connected realms much closer to the top.

As for the ones who complained about rares, it’s a logical reaction, I had it too at first, but actually the rare hunt will not be impacted significantly, cause there are cross realm zones active.

If you are on a normal realm that we will call A and A gets connected to B and C, you will not have a harder time finding rares than before, cause even atm A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J are in the same cross realm zone, all this does is make the range of players you can raid, trade, AH, guild with wider.

The only time where rares will be significantly impacted is if you clearly see they’re connecting you with a realm group that is in a different crz than you currently play on, but as far as I know blizzard tends to not do that.

4 Likes

wont change anything

cross realm already existed there’s no such thing as ‘low pop for farming’
blackrock is in the tich cross realm phase constantly

besides that both azjol and khaz have a combined total of 40 players so this wont change anything
we’ll still be on the top 5 deadest cluster lists

6 Likes