Realm and Login Issues [9/8]

The supposed DDos attacks have been happening for 15 years, espcially during launches. Time to figure it out.

4 Likes

Yeah if only we had laws that sent people to jail for a very long time for pulling these shenanigans.

4 Likes

It is certainly against the law in the US. But they can be hard to track, and even when found tend to be in countries that don’t have extradition treaties with the US.

2 Likes

More DDOS attacks?

Unbelievable…just fighting a gnoll – no lag or problems. About to level up. Then boom, DC’d. Login servers full. Wait through queue, click on realm. Disconnected.

You simply re-launched a fifteen year old game. Why is it a herculean effort to keep it stable?

10 Likes

Yay another day of disconnects due to this again! JOY

2 Likes

This was my question as well. I just tried to log in and got plopped in a queue for retail. Thought it strange, and was wondering if DDO was occurring again? Since they were busy doing it yesterday.

Yeah its another DDOS attakc most likely. The maintenance this morning was to try and prevent this but again Blizzard failed. Now another day of unable to play or use services I have paid for. WOOT

2 Likes

Here is what i don’t understand … i started out on Heron server but was so congested that blizzard makes a new server for us to move to so we don’t have 5 hour waits to log in to a service we are paying for. Ok i get this but then the new server is constantly going down weather it be a DDos attack or not Blizzard is still not offering the service we are paying for so is there any type of compensation for this this is a multi billion dollar company that isn’t providing the correct service that is suppose to … Please enlighten me maybe i am totally wrong in this but man 15 years of game play and wow its Wow.

1 Like

Yep, seems like more DDoS. I hope someone finds the clown doing this and removes his arms, legs, tongue, and anything else that could be used to interact with a computer.

1 Like

Well…retail still is up. Uh…yay, I guess.

DDOS is a fedral offense and they have many ways of tracking, its 2019 ffs

3 Likes

will we be getting our time lost to these attacks?

No more than they’ll get a reimbursement from the data center.

No 24hrs is nothing week or longer maybe but not 24hrs.

I cant play the game, servers offline, ddosing, cant login, disconnects after 2 minutes when I get on.

I will renew if you can fix the problems, I really enjoy playing.

Your company is not friends or family, nor a charity. I dont wanna even give a company 50 or even 25 cents for nothing.

I am sure you will be able to fix these issues and I will renew, but I just dont make enough money to be giving away money to people I dont know for nothing in return.

6 Likes

I have a question for you. Why even post this message? THEY DON’T CARE! There are 10+ million subscribers and they don’t care about your ‘Cancellation’ post. Yes Server’s are down due to a DDoS, but the cancellation threats or whatever, have been going on for 15 years… Has it helped any? No…

4 Likes

Bon Voyage!

Your an addict, you’ll be back…

2 Likes

Aww missing out a day or two out of 30/31 days of subscription time. Go outside and play. By the time you’re done huffing and puffing, the servers will be back online again.

1 Like