Really who even needs flying anymore?

Currently. That’s how it is currently. They either did piss poor research or they’re only talking about currently. There is NO QUOTE from a dev in that article. The article I linked is straight from Ion’s mouth.

1 Like

Normal flying is so inferior to dragon riding gathering while mounted that it’s not even funny. Bots won’t get anywhere with normal flying.

well, you’re over here hoping for something that has never even been considered by blizzard…so…yeah. you can keep dreaming that blizzard will one day acknowledge this idea.

Um… bots will use regular flying because it’s easier for them to script it. They can’t currently do this with dragonriding at all because it has too many intricacies to it.
So no… sorry but this is another good reason to end regular flying as it causes damage to the markets.

1 Like

Sounds good to me.

But druids in flight form should also use the dragonriding flight model.

And here I thought this was gonna be a remove all flying thread.

Ah well, color me surprised.

I still want 800% speed ground mounts though. Warkart when?

1 Like

I’m going to go out on a limb and say you’re wrong.

The easiest thing to do is have both, and it will depend on which mount you choose for which type of flying you want at that moment.

I love Dragonriding. But it’s much harder to control for targeted landing and not great for longer distances. But having it maxed out, has put me in a much more relaxed frame of mind, and I’m in slow tourist-mode in DF and really enjoying myself.

But when I need to turn my brain off and just relax, I love herbing on my Druid, which doesn’t seem possible with Dragonriding.

The biggest issue with Dragonriding is it’s lack of accessibility for anyone with a serious hand/limb disability because it requires two working hands/limbs. Regular flying does not.

5 Likes

Um thanks but no thanks. Im greedy and want both forms of flying.

3 Likes

And they’ll be permanently behind, because it’s half the speed.

No, this is a stupid reason, because it’s now been explained to you TWICE why you’re wrong.

3 Likes

i think there’s herbalism talents that will open up the ability to gather while using your drake (applying points to botany?) :grimacing:

the profession system kinda makes it a little harder for bots to achieve this sorta stuff, because there’s an entire progression system behind it…not so much the dragonriding in itself

Yep. You can mine and herb while mounted.

2 Likes

How am I wrong?
Dragonriding is ending Botting.
If we bring back regular flying we will see an increase in Botting. So let’s be done with it.
I don’t care if you have problems.
My problem is botters.

If Blizzard really wanted to rid the game of bottlers, they’d do it.

Do you honestly think a software company doesn’t have code that can see them?

1 Like

i’ve seen wayyyy less botters compared to the early SL days in maldraxxus…so i think whatever they have been doing is effective

Once again… half the speed and people can mine and herb while on their dragon riding mounts.

No bot on a normal mount is keeping up with that.

This isn’t rocket science.

Ah, the good old selfish comment from disrespectful people as usual.

You aren’t worth it.

4 Likes

You are getting desperate botterman.
It wont matter if its half speed… there will be like 5 bots all stacked on top of each other running the exact same route… have you never seen a botter in game? its still more efficient… nice try you tricky botter.

Im yet to see any good reason as to why im wrong about that… you are just a greedy little botter who wants to make money and destroy our nice economy.

Poor attempt, honey.

When they can’t keep up, yes it will. Use your brain.

Because you want to act ignorant towards everything that’s been explained to you.

Normal
Flying
Is
Inferior
In
Every
Way

Stop acting obtuse and making crap up with strawmans and bad faith bullcrap.

4 Likes

Ummm no… so you think that we should just forget the Mounts that we have taken years to collect because YOU like dragonriding…

5 Likes

It is very suitable that you are a troll…

1 Like

You are pathetic.
Ignoring my main point like a disingenuous little desperate botter I see.

Doesnt matter if its half speed or a quarter speed when there are 5-6 stacked druids all multibotting…

Dragonriding has saved us from pathetic botters like this one. How about leave our nice upstanding community alone you sleazy botting fiend. Go find another game to ruin.