Really who even needs flying anymore?

Now hear me out, but why dont they just get rid of the flying of old entirely, like just eliminate it from the game. Dragonriding is so much better on every level, it lets you intetact with the land around you so much more, finally feels like we are in a world again. Its faster as well, going back and using old flying is so so dull and slow. It’d also clear all the mount bloat in the game, just start everyone fresh and add a few here and there but dragonriding versions, like for real who needs 500+ mounts … noone thats who.

Down with old flying! Dragonriding is the future and the future is now!

33 Likes

Still prefer my Druids for herbing and mining. Also, make old dragon mounts fly the same way.

11 Likes

Totally agree, theres no going back to boring flying mounts now. Dragonriding is just so much better in every way.

16 Likes

Oh yeah i always forget about druids being able to farm in that form, im down for that and making old dragons dragonriders. Great points

2 Likes

When you have unlimited hover in dragonriding, then you can talk about getting rid of normal flight.

All Dragonriding is, is another attempt by Blizzard to get rid of something in game that people have paid money for.

Case in point second example, the new trading post, having Blizzard store cash mounts.

Not exactly sure how legal either of those actions are.

18 Likes

This exactly, I love my Raven form. Also some people will still want to set their mount off in a direction and go make a coffee or something. I mean, people still use flight-paths even with flying. I would love to see dragonriding enabled everywhere. Then you’ve got 3 levels to choose from. Taxi, Cruise-control, Race mode!

11 Likes

I am skipping DF. Dragons are not interesting to me.

Leave my flying alone.

17 Likes

As many others do but still does not make it right.

2 Likes

what new trading post?

I dont get the hovering thing its just as easy to find a nice safe peak to sit on gazing out majestically with your dragon.

As for eliminating in store mounts, companies stop support for games all the time that have online servers, i feel theres probably legalese giving them freedom to remove whatever they choose.

4 Likes

How about they just allow normal flying everywhere?

If you believe that dragon riding is so vastly superior, then you would surely never see any person using a normal flying mount right?

22 Likes

Thats fair, i will say i enjoyed the death god dimension lore of shadowlands and bfas story was rocking. The dragon lore is soooo boring and out of placd comparatively. But dragonriding now thats the bomb for sure worth 50 bucks alone.

dragonriding will hopefully apply to some of our classic drakes (and armored skyscreamer ofc) someday
:100:

5 Likes

I think both is best. Enable regular flight and dragonriding everywhere.

11 Likes

Because some people like it, others need it and both can exist side by side. They WILL exist side by side later on. So… deal with it.

13 Likes

Meh regular flying is so obsolete now they might as well just delete the reg flying and the mounts associated with it just to remove the clutter.

Its the same concept as taking out the trash, you dont just keep that next to you day after day, you get rid of it.

3 Likes

Yeah, but that nice safe peak might not be close enough to the spawn locations of rares give how quick they die. Hover, you sit over the spawn point and then are as close as possible when needed.

As for companies stopping support for games, that does not apply in this case as the servers are still up. The implied contract of purchasing flying mounts for cash says that they will be fully functional in all zones where flight is enabled.

The fact that the dragon isles is flight capable, as shown by dragonriding, and flying mounts are not working is a legally questionable position. (Would be interesting to actually see a legal ruling on it one way or the other)

1 Like

or they can allow regular flying and then you can know you were correct when you see no one use it right?

9 Likes

Don’t be so sure about that.
I remember a blue post somewhere saying normal flight will not be in the dragon isles.
We’ll have to wait and see.

Well if noone can hover people cant get to the rares as quick right?

Oooh yes you may be right if flying is just disabled everywhere thatd solve the problem, they rename all zones as anti-flying but enable dragonriding as a nrw different thing and doesnt mean the zone is flying capable!