Really? No Flying in next patch?

openly weeping

Wowhead actually had the achievements linked. It was 1) storylines in the Dragon Isles and Embers of Neltharion, 2) Explore dragon isles, ZC and emerald dream, 3) Reach 15 renown with all factions and the Freshscales Fifteen.

However, this is only on PTR, it’s not necessarily final, but I’m sure someone will read this and decide Wowhead is leaking bad info.

If you’ve been a good little lemming, like me, I merely have to explore the Emerald Dream and hit 15 renown in Emerald Dream.

1 Like

Every f ing expansion we go though this and it’s getting tiresome. Dragonriding was a great alternative for flying and yet you guys are still complaining about flying not being in game. So they about add Pathfinder to keep you guys happy and still it’s wasn’t enough to keep you guys happy.

2 Likes

Yea, not a fan of questing so my renown will not be 15 with anything before next expansion hits so if they (blizzard) goes that route ill be SOL…it is what it is…

Blizzard development team is still salty
That couldn’t ax flying in WoD

6 Likes

Now that the war is through with me
I’m waking up, I cannot see
That there’s not much left of me
Nothing is real but pain now

Incredibly based take.

1 Like

This is the real killer, the rest of them are fairly reasonable imo

1 Like

What the :duck:. Why is this still a hangup for you guys?

10 Likes

Still salty from WoD,
They wanted so desperately to ax flying…

“The world feels larger, feels more dangerous,” he said. “There’s more room for exploration, for secrets, for discovery and overall immersion in the world. At this point, we feel that outdoor gameplay in World of Warcraft is ultimately better without flying. We’re not going to be reintroducing the ability to fly in Draenor, and that’s kind of where we’re at going forward.”

2 Likes

Noice.

Hold my breath as I wish for 15
Oh, please, God, wake me

Ugh, Pathfinder? Pass.

2 Likes

Unfortunately for those who are staunchly against using Dragonflight, Dragonflight would be the fastest way to get all the exploration parts of pathfinding done

1 Like

The people who “don’t understand why we prefer normal flight over dragonriding” make no sense to me.

Do you say the same to people who like a topping on a pizza that you don’t like?

Do you say the same to people who like math, but you don’t?

Etc.

People have different preferences. Us wanting normal flight back doesn’t impact you at all. Dragonriding and Normal Flight are capable of co-existing. Normal flight coming back doesn’t mean Dragonriding is going away.

11 Likes

Hey, I eat pineapple /ham pizzas.
I probably wouldnʻt spend money to buy one but i wont turn my nose up at an offered slice

1 Like

Soooooooo you prefer the form of flight that makes it more likely you will poop your pants looking for a safe place to park?

Pathfinder isn’t added to keep players happy.

11 Likes

Good thing its not needed cuz I’m not farming rep

are you sure? the alternative was no flying at all, and people whined endlessly about that.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sure.

It has NEVER been added to make players happy. Adding hoops to jump through serves the developers’ needs, not the players. Adding hoops to jump through when the other form of flight has never had hoops is just plain stupid.

And there’s another alternative: Just turn the damn thing on and stop making more work for themselves.

10 Likes