Really? No Flying in next patch?

So you’re telling us we can never old world fly in Dragonflight and that all we can do is use the clunky Dragonriding?

This blows man…

157 Likes

I rather enjoy Dragonriding i think its one of the best things to come to game its also about time they made mounts and traveling way faster! Plus they are going to enable dragon riding mechanics to old world mounts at some point so i wouldnt worry abt it.

73 Likes

Where did they say this?

7 Likes

i am tired of dragon flying myself, time to make both options available, i hope it not a part of any future expansions.

93 Likes

Did they actually say they will not add regular flying to the Dragon Isles?

3 Likes

It’s more they didn’t specifically say old style flying was coming with 10.2 so ofc that means it’ll never happen. Gotta read between the lines, this is GD.

16 Likes

What would then be the point of dragon flying if you could basically zip any which axis without the need for stamina? I thought the lack of old world flying in the new expansion was the actual point.

1 Like

:rofl:
/char

16 Likes

Yeah, good.

Personally, i hope they remove old world flying. Or add depth that would encourage dragonriding over static flying, like weather conditions or aerial obstacles you need to dragonride through.

15 Likes

“wahh i don’t want to dragonride”
Then use flightpaths. Old flying is bad, adding it isn’t going to solve most of the problems and you’d just be right back here complaining that dragonriding is almost 3 times faster than old flying.

Or … or… Get over it. Point yourself in the direction you want to go, press spacebar several times, then proceed to go AFK until you arrive at your destination. Only difference is you are pressing spacebar 7-8 times instead of holding it for 20-30 seconds.

19 Likes

I’m waiting for the giant troll of Blizzards when they stop dragon riding for whatever reason in the Dragon Isles, and there is no old world flying - Hope you got all those Flight Paths!

(This is all pure speculation - but how funny would that be - they get mad at us that we can no longer have either!)

4 Likes

It seems like they’ve really embraced this form of riding and are bringing it to the rest of the game at large now. Frankly after several expansions of pathfinder I’m all for starting off with flying and zooming around fast as well!

9 Likes

There’s literally not one single reason in existence not to have the “option” for old flying active everywhere.

78 Likes

Because it’s archaic, looks and feels terrible. It’s something that should never have existed.

It’s time to say goodbye to swimming in the air.

16 Likes

The only thing I can find that even remotely alludes to them not adding static flying to DF is this:

At least for now, the Fire Owl is a full Dragon Isles Dragonriding mount, not capable of normal flying outside of the expansion zones. That may change in the future though.

But that’s very much reading into things.

1 Like

because its the superior form of flying.

all these people against old flying and pro dragon flying will abandon the latter for the former if its available. its just that good and “game breaking”

14 Likes

all they had to do is let us hover on dragons, but nope , Blizz has to always have a downside to everything.

24 Likes

You don’t like it is not a valid reason to take it away from others.

42 Likes

Presumably they’re still working out the kinks in the static/dynamic toggle.

Would be nice if they could just turn on sky swimming in the Dragon Isles in the meantime at least, for those who want it. It’s no difference to me.

10 Likes

i know ion called it sky swimming but its flying

do the dragon mounts with old flying flap their wings in the water?

6 Likes