Really? No Flying in next patch?

Why do you keep doing this? Stop requiring pathfinder to use a feature added in TBC.

15 Likes

Dragon riding was the biggest W of the xpac so far. I can’t wait to have it everywhere.

That being said, I hope they keep old school flying in all zones as well for people with accessibility issues. It’s important to remember the fact that some players aren’t able to do it and that’s ok. Old school flying doesn’t hurt anyone.

The world should be explored on the ground at least once don’t you think? Why is it a problem to push players into spending time on the ground for the leveling process?

1 Like

Honestly, I personally just like old-world flying for other reasons than just accessibility:

A) More control for mining / picking herbs (especially in weird spots)
B) Able to auto-fly to a location and get up and stand / grab a drink what not. And I don’t have to be actively focused on flying.
C) Love my mounts I’ve farmed and want to use them more

6 Likes

I’m glad for Pathfinder making a comeback. Forum explosions always = good. :grin:

3 Likes

I think Dragon riding sucks and I am hard pressed to think of something in game I dislike more. That being said I hope for the people who do enjoy it get their wish to have it everywhere, as long as it doesn’t change anything with regular flying.

And why pathfinder? What the obsession with having this, its just a chore if you do not feel like doing the open-world content

11 Likes

Why are you surprised? Pathfinder has existed since Warlords.

1 Like

Honestly - I wish there were multiple ways to achieve “pathfinder” - cause you know a MMO is all about finding your own path…

Maybe you could get “pathfinder” by also getting KSH or by getting AotC or by doing all the story or by getting 20 renown with all the factions or by getting some PvP rank.

It’d be cool if there were multiple ways to get it via naturally playing the game the way you want to - and not some arbitrary achievement that makes players potentially have to go out of their way to get it.

I didn’t say I was surprised, I asked why they felt it was necessary again.

5 Likes

Because that’s how we’ve unlocked static flying since Warlords.

It’s never been a “necessity.” It’s simply been the requirements.

I view dragonriding like taking a 747 plane somewhere… It gets you there fast but you really don’t get to experience anything. Me I prefer the slow drive that will take days, maybe even a week… because being crowded on a smelly plane where people behind you put their stinky feet on your arm rest… It is being able to leisurely take my time and have an experience along the way. Not all of us can be glass sharp edgy like you.

6 Likes

we will see thread about increase the flight speed for no dragon riding players to be fair type of threads

We still going on about this? They are putting in flying. Or is everyone just mad they have to actually play the game to get it?

2 Likes

And they can safely be ignored.

Yep. As usual.

It is necessary to unlock regular flying.

You seem to be having fun twisting words around, so let me make it easier for you:

You asked why they felt it was necessary to add Pathfinder. They did not find it necessary to add Pathfinder. They just add it, because they feel like creating the requirement.

Pathfinder isn’t necessary to add. But they do it anyway.

Do you understand now or do I need to dumb it down more?

And it’s really stupid if you take a moment to really think about it. Just give everyone normal flying.

9 Likes

Oh I understand, but your the one twisting my words and trying and be argumentative. You knew exactly what I meant in my op.

How it all went down…

1 Like

I didn’t twist anything. I simply said it’s not necessary to add. It’s just what Blizzard wanta to do. You somehow got mad about it. Try to have a better day.