Really? No Flying in next patch?

I look at dragonriding as an upgrade toward regular flying. I am assuming next complaint is where everyone will b!itch and moan about how slow regular flying is from getting Point A to point B in dragonisle.

Any word on Soar being updated to be used as either traditional flying or brought in line with Dragonriding seeing as we were told the reason it wasn’t already implemented was we could get to pet battles faster?

1 Like

You don’t have to assume that people will complain about speed. It’s already happened.

How about you make it be without an achievement and jumping through hoops due to accessibility concerns that already exist with Dragonriding. You just get flying, easy. Simple.

1 Like

OMG it is going to be a riot surging past those sky swimmers doing 5 million mph yelling…

1 Like

lol. The answer is obvious

I looked at wowhead’s datamined requirements and the only one that looks concerning is this one:

Seems a bit excessive/high considering that renown in Dragonflight is super-slow to grind, with almost non-existant “catchup” for returning players and players that had play gaps here and there (came back for a patch, played a month, afked a few months, came back for next patch, and so on)

As for the rest of the requirements, they seem fairly doable and/or most players already have them

1 Like

lol. Didnt read the thread, did we?

1 Like

Ooof, you got egg on your face considering this comment was posted AFTER a blue literally confirmed it :joy:

1 Like

The issue is specifically Accessibility concerns. It’s harder for low vision/blind players to play Dragonflight because Dragonriding isn’t so easily accessible as normal flying is, meaning they may have opted out of doing a lot of stuff precisely due to those reasons. It’s also harder for players with motor skill issues or other limiting factors. Personally speaking I don’t have any renown high because Dragonriding is such a hassle for me where regular flying isn’t I don’t really want to focus on doing a bunch of world quests to raise rep each week. It’s not fun.

It would be easier if it just didn’t have requirements. Then I could actually enjoy the expansion more and want to play that content versus forcing me through the content at a slower place/worse experience and then giving me the reward for that.

3 Likes

Me either, and I’m not an accessibility/handicap type

Farming renown is just super-grindy compared to Shadowlands and not fun, my main only has renown 18… on one faction lol

Definitely gonna get to work and pay attention to my renown levels now though since flying has officially been announced

They did renown “right” in Shadowlands, back then a returning player or new player could literally ding 60, spam Normals/Heroic dungeons over a weekend, and mostly be caught up on renown by Monday (say, started at 40 and be renown 74-75 by Monday)

2 Likes

This is GD Send… you know this.
Creating imaginary scenarios is what 50% of the posters do here anyways.
25% talk about whatever shock crock streamer said this time (sorry folks but most of your beloved streamers are knock off versions of Howard Stern… Wish.com versions)
20% try to deal with disinformation being spread
3% come in just to troll and get a PvP award on the forums.
2% come in and troll just to put smiles on people’s faces… because a well placed gif will brighten a person’s day.

2 Likes

I know I can’t always take Blizzard at their word but - even just posting this, you just made my day. I hope this comes to fruition and thank you for the post.

4 Likes

Didbyou guys forget how easy flying pathfinder was in shadowlands?

Campaing and renown 45.
Zereth chapter and like 10 rares.

What are your guesses this time?

All renown to 25? and campaign? Exploration map?

Whaaaa ambulance has been called and I celebrate that dragon riding is the best and still the thing to do in a Dragon riding expansion. Yeah whoot more funz to be had for sure. To bad out old world mounts can not fly like our Dragons that would be insanely cool as I do miss me old mounts.

ooops i spoke to soon lol. Oh well it was time I guess. pathfinder wow again what fun SMH what fun indeed lol

Only way to make dragonriding better than static would be to add hover mode to hover in place.

We sorta already know.

Main zone story lines. Exploration. Renown 15.

2 Likes

I want to stress this in no uncertain terms, no one enjoys pathfinder if it’s convoluted and time gated. Let it be as easy as unlocking dragonriding.

9 Likes

Was there more details already posted? I must’ve missed it but that does sound similar to shadowlands.