Really? No Flying in next patch?

Don’t do me any favors

1 Like

You had to do all the campaigns. It also required renown.

1 Like

more stupid skinner box filler bs from Blizzard instead of giving players meaningful choices. just let us do things.

i’m not :cry: i rarely played dragonflight still dealing with shadowlands burn out.

1 Like

Getting that Skyscourge title is gonna be fuuuuuuuuun :3

1 Like

Funny how you and the usual crew are suddenly so psychic.

Must be nice having such super powers lol.

1 Like

Long as you don’t nerf DR because people going normal speed gripe about losing nodes and rares.

1 Like

Please explain to me how me having access to air swimming as you called it actually going to affect you if I had the old air swimming ability?

2 Likes

Is path finding really necessary? You’re not gating flying already, just a older slower method that some players enjoy, your prior path finding achievements were generally disliked. Why not just tie it to a easy quest line or something? It would be like having to unlock path finding to enable walk mode when we can already run.

8 Likes

I just saw the requirements for DI Pathfinder on Wowhead, and my reaction is no thank you!

Why can’t you just let us fly regular mounts without jumping thru MORE hoops? I’m really sick and tired of these shenanigans. Count me out, I’m done with this “game” because it’s more WORK than fun.

6 Likes

That is really pathetic. :rage:

Why gate druid flying as well, its been around how long?
Gw being out of touch karazaa + others.
Reply would be nice… :rage:

1 Like

Why let druids get flying for free? Their “mount” has been around just as long as any other class.

2 Likes

This doesn’t always work, and that fact highlights one of the worst elements of dragonflying for me–the inconsistent behavior of the mechanics. I’d say about 75% of the time pointing up and using Skyward Ascent works exactly as others state: speed boosts to 1000%+, vigor immediately begins regenerating, the feedback loop goes into full swing. Then there are the times when the exact same action generates no speed boost (the mount slows almost immediately with zero vigor regen), and another 1-2 vigor is wasted trying to start the regen loop that should have happened with the first Skyward Ascent. Then you’re playing catch-up on vigor and wasting time in the air trying to build speed, which itself has proven just as inconsistent as “point up and Skyward Ascent.”

Predictable response is a crucial component of any core game mechanic, and dragonflying needs work in that area. “Sky swimming” might be slower than less interesting to look at, but it’s consistent and convenient, and when it comes to something as basic as travel, those are hugely important traits.

2 Likes

" … …-. / -.-- — …- / .-- .- -. - / - — / … — …- . .-. --…-- / -.-- — …- / – …- … - / …-. … .-. … - / .-. … -… . send"

1 Like

I’m imagining them wanting a scenario where when the expansion dropped and everybody was running on foot, druid characters just flip everyone the bird while turning into a bird and flying away.

1 Like

Lmao… Dragonriding fanboys/cultists are having a meltdown over on the WoW reddit, it’s great :popcorn:

“Player choice bad” somehow, according to their illogical mental gymnastics :man_facepalming:

Regular flying can’t come soon enough, I’m eager to ditch the annoying “mini game” of Dragonriding for a proper flying mount, and also being able to actually fly with my favorite mounts again

4 Likes

I Don’t see the point on having that since Dragonflighting had replace regular flying. I guess whiners gonna whine.

It didn’t though, have you considered that there are a lot of people that prefer the old/legacy form of flying? :roll_eyes:

Personally I’m never using Dragonriding mounts again the moment I have regular flying unlocked

4 Likes

Heh. You forgot the ™ symbol after the word “soon”.

I really dislike the renown requirement for this. It’s just unnecessary grinding for a feature we shouldn’t have to grind for.

2 Likes