Really? No Flying in next patch?

I know there is a setting that is set by default to “don’t dismount in flight”. I think that’s fine. I think having to visit an npc in an inconvenient place or having a cooldown on switching mount types is intended to punish people who already find dragonriding intolerable.

Few of us love it.

1 Like

I agree to that it should be a toggle that can be activated anywhere in the game and not some npc in some city. Same issue with the druid travel form, sometimes i wanna be a stormcrow others i want to be able to give people a lift with my legion flying form. And going to moonglade to talk to a npc to swap was a pain in the butt, now its in the barber shop which every capital has a barber shop making it a lot more tolerable.

That doesn’t qualify as a disaster. The requirements aren’t bad at all most people will have completed almost everything before we even get 10.2.

2 Likes

i haven’t done the last shadowlands zone pathfinder… remind me if they are still giving away free flying when a expansion is no longer relevant?

I don’t love it or hate it. I’m just happy to get normal flying.

1 Like

I’m there too I just… idk throw 50k gold at the trainer and call it a day or something.

But happy it is gonna finally be a thing. I just like the idea of having options available for folks etc.

4 Likes

shadowlands had no pathfinder all you had to do was finish a quest , zereth mortis had a achievement for flying

2 Likes

As far as I know yes at some point. Shadowlands Pathfinder had very few requirements.

Requirements aren’t bad at all.

Agreed.

What’s so bad about having options? Nothin’ bad.

7 Likes

i really hope you do reconsider the getting to lvl 15 in each faction for renown , as its a boring slog fest of chores to level renown this expac .

2 Likes

Except for the new faction in 10.2 people should already be 15 or higher.

1 Like

why would anyone not want to use dragonriding mounts lol

I know players who are 445+ ilevel with renown lower than 5 across the board. Since there’s no player power attached to renown this time around, a lot of people never bothered. Just went straight to their preferred playstyle.

2 Likes

You get it pretty naturally though… I’m a raid logger and even I have over 15.

Because some people don’t like dragonriding… I know it’s hard to believe but not everyone likes the same things.

5 Likes

Pizza.
Pineapples.
Anchovies.
Shrimp.

Just sayin’

2 Likes

Can you make renown progress account wide? It feels very demotivating to swap to an alt and push content on that character but have to restart renown you already grinded out. It would make me feel less locked down into playing 1 character just to keep that progress

2 Likes

Dragonflight isn’t quite the same as reg flying, aye? If anything, they should have implemented regular flying from the get-go of this expansion as an initial draw perk, and done a gradual build up to dragonflying. They easily could have been using that as a big reward/attention draw, with hints being given along the way.

But, meh.

1 Like