Really? No Flying in next patch?

dont think it works like that exactly. if ion makes all the decisions why have the other devs in game design dept? it would be redundant.

Hitting the auto run and flying is nice sometimes. I would settle for being able to dragon ride on any flying mount.

Having over 300 mounts and I can only use what 5 or 6 just sucks.

1 Like

Make Dracthyr fully able to fly too while we’re at it, maybe tie it in with regular flying ‘pathfinder’ lmao. Ahh, Blizzard. The silly decisions you make.

ion is the person who says yes or no to this idea, and the devs are the one who do the designing / heavy lifting. Ion could also be designing and heavy lifting, but i believe ion is the person every decision has to go through before it either makes it or doesn’t make it into the game. Just like Ion probably had the final say if the night elf heritage white armor made it into the game now or later… or never.

Put on auto flying and watch some one piece

its coming

pretty sure this may or may not happen when dragonflying is allowed in all old content, because its a racial and can be used anywhere not in a instance.

ion doesn’t run the place. he doesnt make all the decisions. its a consensus. a majority has to agree. if ion made every decision there would little reason to have more than one dev as the ones that code the game are probably mostly coders and progammers specifically.

1 Like

if ion had his way this game would not have world content to begin with

a game is a team effort the directors there to direct , there are also screenplay and also producers

1 Like

Well, they could make it work like it currently does in old world and enable it to work ‘proper’ in Dragon isles. They have the ability to disable dragonriding in old areas, makes sense they would be able to do that atm.

I mean it kinda of didn’t till the mass exodus of shadowlands? Outside world quests and world bosses there was really no community events in game for most of wow’s life time, and wow did have a long history of “raid or die” type design mentality, which is heavily contributed to Ion being a raid or die kinda of guy.

dont think its a good idea to be using masked profanity in thread where a blue is posting. might suddenly lose posting privileges for a good while. especially a dev.

2 Likes

legion had class halls. with a lot of world content intertwined with them

bfa had world quests with titanforging.

2 Likes

This is very true, I was thinking on world content in its abundance of dragonflight. But yes Legion was amazing with world content now that you reminded me. But yeah the whole “lead dev” makes me think “Leader Dev” and leaders usually make all the final decisions.

1 Like

there are many major roles at the top alongside ion

you got metzen now, steve, ion, the art directors , music, designers and they all work together to make a cohesive product

director imo is the face of the game there to take the beatings from players

1 Like

pretty sure metzen is just on as advisor.

nah they came out and said metzen is giving ideas and heavily involved with blizz and wow and making the new ideas work with warcraft franchise

2 Likes

Tbh off topic but on topic with dev conversation, I hope they find or announce the new pvp lead dev. PvP in my opinion is in a awful / dire situation and with Holinka leaving this year and no news on his replacement and pvp still going down hill it makes me afraid that they truly intend to let it die.

yeah in an advisor capacity.

That’s awesome! :smiley:

See my thing is I sometimes like to go zoom zoom and other times not zoom zoom.

Like flower picking… I like to be in the same druid form etc just going along picking flowers.

3 Likes