Really? No Flying in next patch?

people were asking because the previews of 10.2 had no mention of old flying returning until the dev responded to this thread confirming it is

3 Likes

i am just waiting for the old zone dragon flying no more need to use the taxi to travel from one side to the other of the map

1 Like

if anything when they implement dragonriding mechanics to old mounts they should enable the mounts that have hover like the red flying cloud, shadowlands keystone mounts and such to work. I can get if they never want to go back to hovering dragons but lets be real dragonriding isn’t actual flying either, its a gimmick attempting to mime physics, a polished turd is still at turd, its still a video game and old flying mounts are no more flawed than speed capped ground mounts which run up hills just as quickly as they rush down.

Why would you want old flying? It’s so slow compared to dragonriding. Old flying feels like swimming through molasses

1 Like

shocker, there are people that like that flying

you are not the center of the universe

8 Likes

Hovering.

Now go away.

? What are you talking about??

Is it nauseating or making people dizzy?

I can imagine using only FP as frustrating and it keeps you from doing one of those dungeons

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

Oh nooo, we are stuck with this actually decent flying mechanic and I cant go back to my boring static mounts? Whatever shall I doooooo?

If they do, great, if they dont, get over it.

but they are, why are you still acting immature?

3 Likes

Flying around on regular mounts in dragonflight would be agonizingly slow compared to dragonriding. There is no point in doing this. It would just end up with people complaining that regular flying is too slow (the same people that are asking for this most likely lol)

1 Like

more options is always good

stop being an antagonist

6 Likes

14 Likes

THANK YOU. Finally best herb farming method!!!

4 Likes

ill finally be able to make great screenshots of dragon isles

4 Likes

I love how you’re trying to be condescending as if you know things about this game and the payers who fund it, yet looking at your character profile you’re nearly brand new and don’t do well in any of the 3 pillars.

2 Likes

Although the word “Pathfinder” does not fill me with joy, the part about the use of our non-dragonriding mounts does.

However, it doesn’t clarify how it will function. Will it simply be that we can use the mounts in the Dragon Isles, or will it be mounts + standard flight in the Dragon Isles?

While the comment says that the implementation hasn’t been finalized I will be certainly keeping an eye on the PTR to see what happens.

5 Likes

or wowhead what one will list the requirements first lol

1 Like

LOL!!! :rofl: I can’t stop laughing because it’s soooooo true!!!

5 Likes

We already can use the standard mounts in DI, I do it all the time. We just can’t fly them - yet.

1 Like

LOL, I love how some people focus the minutae. Should I change it to say “use them to fly in the Dragon Isles”?

Sorry, I thought that was sort of obvious…

6 Likes