Reality check for those who think 'This Is Fine™'

Unlike its counterpart, this is not a post with a bunch of opinionated nonsense. Just facts, reality:

https://i.imgur.com/lJ6m3Z9.png

Meanwhile…

9 Likes

We got boosts, store mounts, and bots destroying the economy. The content being a bit late is the least of the games issues IMO.

20 Likes

Your pizza arriving in 45m instead of a half hour is a bit late.

Your doctor not seeing you until an hour after your appointment is a bit late.

3 months is not “a bit late”.

17 Likes

Has Blizzard made an official post on content release dates?

1 Like

Just because you are using the best available data does not mean that data is accurate or valid as empirical evidence of what you are arguing.

Less people are raiding, maybe they are taking a break, maybe they are on vacation, maybe school just started (whether that’s college or grade school). The data you are providing is proof of one thing… less people are logging their raids.

9 Likes

That’s fair. I shouldn’t minimize that. That content should have been there from the start. Or at least end of July for sure. They are either trying to fit some corporate mandated schedule, or they consistently underestimate how quickly the top third of the people playing this game will clear things. T5 should have been in the PTR after the first month.

However, I see those other things I mentioned as bigger issues than phase 2 being slow.

1 Like

I would love it if they removed the boost. We know they wont.

I would love it if they removed the store mount. We know they wont.

I would love it if they hired GMs to regulated the bots better. We know they wont.

I could worry about those things but it would be a waste of effort.

9 Likes

Literally 30 minutes 25 man content on launch lol

Just milking our wallets as much as they can.

5 Likes

Really nice picture. People don’t seem to realize that our next content phase actually launched day 1 with the original game. I don’t see the logic in making everyone wait for content that originally launched with the base game. They were happy to rush us through the prepatch by shaving off weeks but then lock content that should have been open day 1.

2 Likes

Alternatively, would people be happy if you had to live with the original content droughts from TBC:

Pre-Patch: 2006-12-05
Release (Kara, Mag, Gruul, SSC/TK): 2007-01-16 (5 weeks)
Black Temple: 2007-05-22 (4 months, 6 days)
Zul Aman: 2007-11-13 (5 months, 22 days)
Sunwell: 2008-03-25 (4 months, 12 days)
Wrath Pre-Patch: 2008-10-14 (6 months, 19 days)

The complaints would be even louder.

3 Likes

Yes because this is classic, and we would know what to expect, not beholden to arbitrary content gating and months of abject silence from the entire company.

Can’t wait to add a :blue_heart: to the inevitable Delimicus response.

Hahahahahah, your ‘optimism’ is laudable.

Especially since people keep telling me how “People consume content faster so it should come out faster”.

1 Like

It should come out faster. But at this point we’d settle for ‘as fast’. But nope, we cant even have that.

It will be faster in later patches. So, cool, all good then.

I love it when people wearing T4 constantly complain about how “the game is dying” when boredom strikes.

I love it when people think having T4 three months into 16 year old content is sign of a super sweaty try hard.

5 Likes

I love how people can’t comprehend the idea that they’re allowed to play other games and return to WoW when it interests them again.

1 Like

I love how WoW lifers have been paying a subscription for so long that they pretend it doesnt exist.

7 Likes

And all I got was that lousy 10 year statue. But then, I’m not in a financial situation where $140 a year is noticeable.

2 Likes