Real Change, When?

The problem with “real change” is that no one can agree on what needs to be changed. There may be larger camps than others over certain opinions. There may be outspoken people over one thing.

The fact of the matter is, WoW is in serious need of a complete overhaul. Its current leveling system is severely outdated even though they tried to bring it up to modern standards by introducing a new 1 - 10 zone for all players and feeding them into BFA content. They try to get around this with Chromie Time, but CT is a band-aid to a bigger problem.

1 Like

Vanilla ** (2)
BC *** (3)
Wrath * (1)
Cata * (1)
MoP ***** (5)
WoD *** (3)
Legion **** (4)
BFA *** (3)
Shadowlands ** (2)
DF ***** (5)

3 Likes

Five seconds after you cancel your sub.
And frankly, we’ve been really patient with you up to this point but I’d like to see this game improve, so… you know.

Problem is, they could do exactly what you want them to do but the forum would still be filled with people who are angry because that’s not what they wanted.

It’s an old game. What you would expect is for it to be tailing off in popularity but it’s still one of the most popular video games out there.

When people who think the game is a disaster don’t keep playing for another six years? :dracthyr_shrug:

3 Likes

Here is a thought, change mythic plus to to mythic mode.

Dungeon and and get one setting.

When take on mythic mode it allows you add as many debuffs as you want. The more debuffs the higher your gear and rewards.

The debuffs also also effect outdoor content.

That is a win for everybody!

ESOs biggest issue is they focus the game around getting new players to buy the game and engage just long enough to interact with the shop. While the mid-late game is pretty dead.

You will always find new players running around the base game, but they all trickle off as soon as the novelty wares off and the veil is lifted to the rest of the game. It’s very unfortunate because ESO had a lot of cool ideas they never capitalized on.

It won’t help the game but it might help their own enjoyment

1 Like

BFA was actually decent imo.

Shadowlands was awful. Trying to explain the afterlife was their first mistake, Sylvanas’ storyline was the second, and covenants were the third. Whole expansion was terrible

Dragonflight is not too bad imo. It’s got flaws yes, but I don’t think it’s beyond hope.

I’m just happy we aren’t at shadowland levels of awful

1 Like

You say that, but the OP says there were 3 disastrous expansions in a row and that blizzard is making the same mistakes. Those mistakes don’t have to be exclusive to the past 3 expansions. I feel like a lack of multiple avenues to progression IS a mistake that has been repeated. Time gated crafting that allows more than 1 or 2 slots to be filled, long expansion spanning quest chain rewards is another thing that could reward good gear. Rep rewards that aren’t obsolete by the time non super grinders get them would be nice. Having PvP gear that is useful out in the world is another thing that would be nice for people that do both. Outside of gear, I felt like the WoD and Legion bodyguard system was good for players that enjoyed doing world content as a tank or healer, which are both gone for some reason. I don’t think nitpicking what you think a thread you didn’t create is about to devalue someone’s opinion on what could improve the game does any good for anyone.
The ideal outcome of the forum is to brainstorm good ideas and let Blizzard potentially see and use some of them, not shoot down every one you don’t agree with.

3 Likes

No no no that won’t work! They wanna hate-play the game and then complain to the devs about how much the hate said game.

It’s Chases again. Still hating the game but ready with infinite clone alts.

1 Like

ww buff when lizzard

Meanwhile all I see is people asking for solo stuff.

Seems blizzard won’t be able to win either way on that one.

1 Like

But there are multiple avenues to progression.

The issue isnt multiple avenues. its specific avenues you/OP want.

So time gating crafting is bad. But time gating gear via questing is good?

You see how this sends mixed signals?

Rep rewards were intentionally lessened so people didnt feel the need to grind them on all their alts. This was directly because of massive player feedback.

I am pretty sure its useful for open world content.

I am not nitpicking what a thread is about by literally talking about what the OP is talking about.

You seem to want to change the subject. OP specifically is talking about the last 3 expansions and its failures. Which means anything that has been present since Day 1 and WoW launched is not the point of this thread.

Sure.

But just because you have an idea doesnt make it a good idea. You have to be able to take criticism when brainstorming. Many people dont want their suggestions criticized at all.

For example. In the same suggestion thread you lamented timegated gear while asking for time gated gear.

2 Likes

Objection!! Opinion.

1 Like

all that work for “no”.
find something productive to do please.

1 Like

So this is less about brainstorming and only about people supporting any idea you come up with.

Got it.

1 Like

You can also come up with your own ideas. The point is to get what you think would be a good addition to the game out there. I’m not trying to have a mental wrestling match with some bored office worker on the WoW forum this morning. My thought process is, if you have nothing to bring to the conversation other than “no”, then you can hit the road. You don’t like my ideas, fine. Come up with some other ones. Don’t just shoot everything down and bring nothing to the table.

4 Likes

Such ratings are subjective. Mine would be:

• Vanilla ***** (5)
  • Burning Crusade ***** (5)
  • Wrath of the Lich King ***** (5)
    Cataclysm *** (3)
    Mists of Pandaria ** (2) - Yup, I rate MoP lower than Cata.
    Warlords of Draenor * (1) - WoD was the worst IMO.
    Legion *** (3)
    Battle for Azeroth ** (2)
    Shadowlands *** (3) - That’s right, I rate SL higher than BfA and MoP.
    Dragonflight *** (3) - I like the direction Dragonflight has gone. Is it perfect? No, but it’s better than some and as good as several other xpacs with potential to lead us to something in the 4+ range again.
1 Like