Real Change, When?

Three disastrous expansions in a row. Repeating the same mistakes.

When will meaningful change happen?

14 Likes

Soon ™ !

9 Likes

Mistakes such as…?

9 Likes

The exit is over there if you dont like it. Many consider this a successful expansion. Sounds like the game is no longer for you.

12 Likes

Over reliance on world quests, no meaningful method of progression outside of raid and M+, crafting was improved, but still sucks. Lack of content that promotes social behavior. DF was better, but still missing a lot that the game should have.

11 Likes

Dragonflight has been a decent course correct, in my opinion, though it’s far from perfect. There are certain design choices I wish they would let go of.

8 Likes

Agreed yeah. I don’t like timed content. Wish there was another path to gearing that wasn’t boring world content that just gets zerged down by 100 people.

1 Like

Doesn’t raid and mythic plus promote social behavior? I know the meme is that it’s always negative but that’s not true

But the game does have a gearing path outside those 2. It’s not equal. It’s never equal.

Plus the rares are strong enough that you can’t kill them alone. Which means you could find groups and socialize. Just like classic used to do with elites

6 Likes

Retail over-design is here to stay, idk if that’s more apparent by now lol.

I’m on Classic because PvP is more alive over there lol, and in retail I stopped getting Warsong and Arathi for some reason.

I really enjoyed shadowlands, and bfa was absolutely incredible. What didn’t you like about them specifically that doesn’t have to do with anything uber casual like story, etc

1 Like

BfA was meh. SL was crap. DF is fun and dragonriding is fantastic.

I don’t see that as three disasters.

We got flying day one and there’s no borrowed power systems. What mistakes are the same that were repeated?

Explain thyself.

9 Likes

You don’t see these two things as contradictory lol

10 Likes

I actually think I did a decent job of pointing out socialization they try to implement in the world.

I could add more but this is a glaring example

1 Like

The reward from rares isnt good enough, people just dont do them when they require a group effort. I hate to say it, but I think things are TOO convenient and its making people anti social.

2 Likes

My biggest complaint is that the narrative feels flat. I don’t have those dramatic highs or lows from cliffhangers or reveals from Legion/BFA era. Maybe I’m just going through withdrawals, but I like some of the epic storytelling.

Obviously personal preference on this, and I think the writers started to get a little too avant garden with shadowlands and now maybe we’re in a narrative contraction period before another expansive and intriguing story in 11.0?

1 Like

That’s definitely true. People had to socialize more back in the day. But that didn’t necessarily make the game better.

Now you have to socialize for difficult content. Or by choice by joining a socialization guild

The options are there

Socialization is now more or less a personal choice. It’s true a lot of people opt out.

Gonna need a citation on this one. This expansion is better in some aspects than others, but is also not. The talent trees were not designed equally, and class balance this expansion is worse than Shadowlands, which is impressive all things considered. Not to mention both PvE and PvP crowds seem to hate the implementation of augmentation evoker which was done in the middle of a season, totally throwing any semblance of a meta out the window, and game breaking bugs such as the hunter trap root not DR’ing with other roots despite obviously having should going uncorrected for 2 seasons is a major lack of quality control.

2 Likes

Many = thousands of players.

1 Like

Also very interested in what made the last three expansions disastrous.

I think they all have issues, but they have very different issues, so curious what the problem OP has with them is.

When has there ever been meaningful methods of progression outside of raid and 5 man content?

2 Likes