Real Change, When?

I think DF is a huge turning point for the direction of retail wow. BFA-SL were a giant hot mess.

No hope for the story imo, but gameplay wise I’m happy with where they’re going with it :disguised_face:. Hopefully next expansion will be that home run, for now I got classic to grind!

1 Like

PVP, mainly.

Wha’ 'bout PvP?

I think next expansion will give some ground back to borrowed power grind, because I think numbers dropped a lot because of lack of incentive for solo players to login and play. But I hope this time it’ll be account wide at least.

They should give you a free copy of the expansion novel with a preorder / the 12 month thing, maybe digital to start but for an extra 5$ you can get those mass market paperbacks.

Even if you take a character like lilian voss and somehow link all quests involving her together there’s so little character development there (relative to what could be). I’d think if for an extra 20$ you can get a chronicles type book with your deluxe (not collectors) quite a few people would buy it and at least flip through those 1 page synopsis styled writings. Such little written effort is putforth developing lore for the playerbase in coming expansions, it would have been great having a few short stories involving the djaradin, with maybe some hints towards dragonflight characters, like that guy all alone on the coast (was he blind?)

1 Like

There hasn’t, which is the point. The post is about Dragonflight being an improvement over Shadowlands, but still missing things that would be healthy for the game, that being one of them.

1 Like

tbh i don’t have a clue what any of the stuff you’re talking about means. books?

So what is the alternative?

How do you make an end game pillar that isnt 5 man, raid, or pvp content while not making it completely trivial?

Now remember, under what is being suggested for the casual player that is typically referring to open world content. Which by default makes all content trivial.

This thread is about the mistakes of the last 3 expansions. Not something you feel has been missing from WoW since the day it launched.

1 Like

I love how you made a clear arguement, without being vague, and give good examples of how Blizzard can make meaningful change.

3 Likes

If there hasn’t been meaningful progression outside of raids/dungeons and pvp for 20 years. Why would that change? And why would someone sit around for 2/5/10/20 YEARS thinking it will?

Too many people started in wrath and never wanted to play wow. They wanted facebook.

1 Like

I think Dragonflight is decent and a good step in the right direction. But it does feel like WoW is starting to fall behind to other MMOs on the market. And age isn’t an excuse, as some of these other MMOs are almost just has old as WoW.

It’s not impossible to develop a game with high end raiding content, and more casual and social content at the same time. Blizzard just chooses not too. Maybe they have strict time constraints, or a formula they follow when making expansions that makes it difficult, but WoWs lack of innovation is starting to show.

None of these other MMOs ever needed to “kill” WoW. They just kept improving and innovating upon their game while WoW remained stagnant or changed at a snails pace. Now they leech players slowly.

Im still waiting for myspace to make a comeback

1 Like

wat?
BFA was super fun imo<3 i like df too
:beverage_box: :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

1 Like

It’ll be back soon.

It’s A LOT more than merely three…

Allow me to give you some ratings:

• Vanilla ***** (5)
  • Burning Crusade **** (4)
  • Wrath of the Lich King **** (4)
  • Cataclysm ** (2)
  • Mists of Pandaria *** (3)
  • Warlords of Draenor *** (3)
  • Legion *** (3)
  • Battle for Azeroth ** (2)
  • Shadowlands * (1)
  • Dragonflight * (1)

You can see a steady decline in quality over the years, therefore we can logically expect that 11.0 will also most likely be a * (1) star expansion…

1 Like

What is your source

1 Like

My own experiences since the release of Zul’Gurub…

1 Like

I’m just saying one man’s opinion is not indicative of the whole

7 Likes

FF14 is the only MMO with a population possibly in the same universe as WoW.

Lord of the rings online, elders scrolls online, and Star Wars and other old MMOs are not growing games lol.

1 Like

Problem is, no one can identify what the problems are. Plenty of people have theories about why they are unhappy but there is not a shred of credible evidence as to what the players in general feel.

Seriously, other than the forums, which represent a biased minority of players, where is there any public feedback about what the players are thinking?

2 Likes