REAL backpacks lol

EXACTLY.
not really sure what so confusing about that lmao.

heres 1000 other back mogs that serve no real purpose either :wink:

I believe that was the one he was referring to not wanting to grind a bunch of BFA stuff on…

:roll_eyes:
why…again?
some cloaks are hard to get…some drop with an order of fries.
Please. I hope your post is dripping with sarcasm I just missed somehow, lol

Range Hunters usually have quivers at their back. That’s cool. But if I want to wear the Backpack, it replaces the quiver.

I dont like to holster my range weapon to my back when I am on a backpack. My range weapon should be on my hand when I wear a backpack.

Honestly I don’t get the backpack transmog thing it looks goofy and out of place in this game to me.

For the most part… I don’t think they even know what the inside of a gaming store looks like, what a Crown Royale bag is really used for, and… based off of some streams I’ve seen of people playing Pen and paper… they don’t know what Player Knowledge is… and how bad it is for a game.

2 Likes

LOL I loved the Crown Royale bag reference. :rofl:

Vulpera heritage armor has a backpack that looks like a basket of tools. My mog uses that with a diving helmet, adjustable wrench, and drill so I’m a plumber who will fix that broken pipe when your cellar is flooded.

2 Likes

That sounds perfect for my Druid Engineer main, lol.

Only true PnP gamers know that reference… I still have my bag of holding… from 30 years ago.

1 Like

That’s awesome!!

The “Back” slot has always been underutilized, and frankly utilized in what is the most underwhelming way.

Cloaks and capes in WoW are… bad. They just are. They’re less “dramatic flare” and more “5-year old with a towel safety pinned around their neck.” Even the “good” one follows the same flat, unimpressive base skeleton with little physics and are all grossly undersized.

Only NPCS get good capes - Kael’thas, Maiev, Arthas… If the capes were all in that realm of awesome, I’d be fine with renaming the slot “cape” and move on, but that’s not how things are.

Beyond this, there is so much potential here that’s only now barely starting to see the light of day. The first tentative steps into backpacks is one thing, the ornamets of the Covenants (really hit or miss) is another, and there have been a few other rare options here and there ( https://www.wowhead.com/item=184154/grungy-containment-pack ), but those a dots of flotsam on an endless ocean of towel*capes.

Really, though, backpacks that are just… bog-standard should be, well, that. A “normal” backpack has no business being held hostage to a monumental marketing powered supergrind. The gilded black “Lordly” backpack from Wrathion is one thing, but something that looks like you could stick it on every pawn and peon and base laborer in the game and barely notice? …

The Back Slot being more than just towel*capes is a direction they honestly should have taken long ago, and I hope they continue it at all levels. Yes, it seems special, particularly when it’s as limited as it currently is, but it really shouldn’t. This shouldn’t be another golden apple to chase - it’s a freakin’ backpack.

So go, give the laborers their work packs, the foresters their hiking kits, the engineers their mobile tech. labs, the warriors their sashimonos, the hunters their quivers, and everything in between.

Anything less is to surrender to disappointment.

4 Likes

They could always go back and faceroll that “hard” content and get it in less time then you took. I’ve been back and 5 masked both without issue to get the achievement mount.

As someone who put in the effort to get the visions backpack and the cash for the RAF stuff, (that half price for the first month promotion was great for that BTW) I really couldn’t care less how easy or hard they make any future backpacks.

No one should have to “bleed” for something just because you did.

2 Likes

So lemmie get this straight…

We can launch fireballs the size of meteors FROM THE SKY INDOORS…

We can smack a dragon the size of the Chrysler Building dual wielding a pair of floppy fish and it does damage.

A gnome the size of an overweight chihuahua can swing around a sword thicker than glue-filled oatmeal as if it was made out of wet cardboard and balsa wood.

A pandaren with stubby, Corgi-like legs can outrun the Olympic Runner Body night elf.

And the one thing that wigs you out is a tombstone on your back?

If that’s anything, you can get one from the Refer-A-Friend pack or from Wrathion but I think that ship has said from BFA.

Has anyone yet suggested you roll a vulpera?

You should roll a vulpera!

This would be awesome! If each profession got its own one featuring iconic items like a BS having their hammer sticking out or a pair of fire tongs dangling on the strap.

2 Likes

Doesn’t the Night Fae have a cosmetic backpack? And I think it even has butterflies! So how could you go wrong with that one?

Clearly not one who bothers with or understands collecting mogs…lmao
We covered that pack already…kinda did myself. lol.
We have a TON of back mogs…theres nothing wrong with wanting more backpacks for god sake.

Here’s your backpack

Here’s how to get it

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/recruit-a-friend-program-rewards

Go at it to get it.

That is the best looking backpack in game, imo. Of course, it costs a lot of real world money to obtain.