Ready to give up

The kick to the groin is that after unlocking the allied race then you have to start them at level 20 and do it all over again or pay for a boost or race change. Leveling is a chore because the entire game is designed around the latest patch.

14 Likes

On the plus side, the old content is better than BFA content anyway.

9 Likes

Well, i did have a blast leveling a hunter from 60 to 110 by doing questing and a lot of battlegrounds. Battlegrounds made me sub another month. Winning BGs is a huge xp boost. It took me like 5 days to go through those levels and I played a lot, like 8ish hours per day. Problem was that I lost more BGs than won. Otherwise it would have taken a few hours to go through those levels.

1 Like

pay for a boost

No heritage armour if you do.

4 Likes

Level as a tank or healer and spam dungeon ques with heirloom gear. Was real fast a few years ago which was the last time I leveled a toon from scratch.

Omg I thought I was the only one! I am a returning wow player but I really wanted to make a lightforge Draenei. So I looked up the achievements I needed and I set off trying to do the quests. At one point I got confused about the tears of elune because the quest helper did not directly say “do the main quest chain in this area” it just kept pulling up my class hall which confused the heck out of me. I tried looking up the region and even found unhelpful youtube videos. Finally I found a wowhead post that shows the items at the end of a huge quest chain for the druid grove place.

Now I am stuck again because I have to revive illidan but in order to do that I have to run the dungeons. Now I am 115 I figured I could test out the dungeon requirement for the deathknight class mount in highmountain. I went there and the entrance was no were to be seen. I looked for ages for the entrance. I thought it was a cave or something. But turns out you have to do the high mountain quests to unlock the entrance for that dungeon. What an absolute joke and waste of time. I am slowly trying to hit max level in the new content then return to try and unlock the deathknight mount and lightforge Draenei. But my god is it all so confusing and fustrating.

15 Likes

That got nerfed for BfA.

1 Like

I find it impressive that heritage armor only exists currently for 2 main races, with 2 more due before the end of BFA era. Yet all the ARs have it or are soon to have it?

Why don’t the races that have existed since 2003 have more heritage armor than the reskins that have been added? Aside from the new skeleton Kul’tirans all other ARs are reskinned skeletal models, meaning all the heritage armor could have been made for the original skeleton models’ races, but for reasons this isn’t the case.

Maybe designing armor to fit original races takes longer development time than designing armor to fit the reskinned races on those same skeletal models? Nah, must purely be story reasons.

3 Likes

Need two monitors to play wow these days. One for the game and the other for research. They shoould list a 2nd monitor as a requirement for playing the game.

Apologies Tiridan hit the wrong reply button.

5 Likes

I don’t think the flying requirements are very intuitive and easy to understand. They are buried in achievements and have to consult outside sources to figure out how to unlock it. It would be helpful in the future if flying skill had its own tab for each zone and progress reflected in game in an easier to see way. Like for example similar to a profession tab menu.

Final fantasy 14 does this by showing aether currents in its own menu tab. It would also be helpful to say in game that certain requirements are not reachable due to not being available.

9 Likes

Then why advertise it as an expansion feature?

A Race shouldn’t be a feature of an expansion anyway, it’s just, a side effect?

18 Likes

How I read the OP was that he or she bought BfA under the impression that new races were going to be available. As I remember this was also a problem during pre purchase during legion. Many people made the purchase without a full understanding of the requirements to unlock those allied races. As it was just the small print at the end, that of course blizzard knew many would just purchase and never read.

I don’t think I need to go over flying as plenty of threads cover that mess.

So why are we grinding legion for BfA content?

8 Likes

The requirements for the allied races are easily found in game, just click on the banners in the embassies in SW and Org, and they’re all just do story quests and grind a rep. KT humans and Zandalari Trolls are a little more complected, but only in the technical sense given that it still boils down to just doing the story quests for each side and grinding a rep (that you should get anyway from just playing the game and doing emissaries)

And yeah waiting sucks, but there is WAY more to making a race than just making a skeleton. The amount of animation and rigging work is pretty intense to make it all look pretty, the PTR build of KT humans is pretty janky as it is, and if it went live like that people would riot. Everyone’s acting like Blizz is holding this content over our head and taunting us. It’s not developed yet, and started development relatively late compared to previous races. It’s a miracle we’re getting KT humans at all and I for one am happy to wait for them.

I can see locking them behind a story. But farming rep for them is ridiculous.

19 Likes

I work 45-50 hours per week and I’ve been ready for the new races for months now… Just do daily/emissary/boat quests and you’re set. The rep comes flying in.

I’m with you, OP. It used to be you’d buy an expansion and get access to the content. We didn’t have to wait a year to play Draenei and Blood Elves when TBC launched. Or Pandas, Worgen, Goblins. But suddenly we have to navigate an obstacle course just to unlock a new race.

Blizzard, don’t make us jump over hurdles just to get to the fun stuff.

20 Likes

It makes me wonder why the Pandaren were so quick to join either the Alliance or Horde when MoP was released, considering they’re the only neutral faction ever in this game, yet Zandalari & Kul’tirans have taken their sweet time whilst being hand-in-hand with Alliance or Horde characters, for months, before officially joining the game and becoming playable.

If any race ever deserved to take half an expansion to become playable, it was Pandaren. Someone please explain that story to me, and not call it time-gating.

5 Likes

What number is greater?

• People who signed up for WoW because of how you released races in BC.
  • People who quit because of how you’re handling races in BfA (or Legion)

Extra credit: As a percentage of total player base, which is greater?

Yeah. I thought so.

24 Likes

They “fixed” that. You don’t get that kind of XP in dungeons any longer.

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: . I should have said that in the original post. That was the point I was trying to make in a roundabout way. It was all about being able to just play without a help screen/achievement list/rep talley running beside the game… takes the fun out of it.