Ready to give up

How do you decide what the best possible experience is if it isn’t from talking to players?

11 Likes

A million times this.

12 Likes

Making a new race like Kul Tiran is a challenge and it did impact the timing of things a bit.

The scenarios are part of the actual unlock process which means the races are playable which is happening in the next content update. I thought you were referring to more requirements to complete which is a different thing. On the bright side, it means more content is coming! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What I got from the Q&A is that somehow after designing 8 skeletons for character models back in 2001/2002, and then again in 2006 for TBC, that art was lost from your designers. Clearly, not the same people are doing this 12 years later. But it shouldn’t have taken upwards of 9+ months – assuming you began building the Kul’Tiran skeletons during expansion development and not after the launch – to figure this out, considering you’d done it over a decade past with presumably rougher tools.

So then the explanation that Zandalari were shuffled around to release along with KT for story purposes, and that itself was the result of having taken extremely longer than necessary to design said skeletons/models, makes the entire explanation very hard to swallow.

It’s far easier to believe, and far more credit to your own people – that the release was result of intentional timegating, and not because your designers forgot how to create skeletal models for new character types.

18 Likes

Just let us fly now. This Timegate thing is really annoying.

19 Likes

In the Q&A Ion stated that they stretched out the development in order to finish the Kul Tirans, since they wouldn’t be able to finish them otherwise.

Though I agree that it was frustrating to be originally that there were “story reasons” and not development reasons.

1 Like

Weird how achievements came in, you basically had to redo many things you’d done before, and then the population began its steady decline.

3 Likes

Amazing all the basic things this multi billion dollar enterprise can’t finish in a reasonable amount of time. Blizzard can’t finish fat humans that are already npcs in game…guess Beta for Azeroth wasn’t finished when they charged everyone for it.

8 Likes

Lately I seem to dislike quite a few things Blizzard has done, but I really respect when I see you guys step out on the forums (brave them) to try and make things more pleasant or to clarify things. It’s tough trying to appease people, especially when you realize you’re talking to somebody who never will be, no matter what you say, or the reverse, you realize what they say has merit and take it to somebody who can check it out and do something about it.

Anywho, may rng be in your favor Bornakk. /curtsy

2 Likes

If you check out the PTR you will see that they are extremely unfinished.

Additionally, Zandalari only just got mostly finished in the most recent build. (Missing Dressing Room Backdrop).

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.