Ready to give up

This is a good reply Metrohaha. I’ll just add my two cents and say that while it’s nice to have lots to do it does get to the point where there are too many hurdles which does hurt the game and not help it.

There should be more of a flow to the game and not stop and go. It get’s very annoying and puts people off from playing not just wow but any game.

5 Likes

It’s pure laziness if you guys gate everything honestly. Just admit it your not looking for “players fun” just play time to go up. If you were looking out for “players fun” you’d actually make fun and exciting quests that drag us in.

9 Likes

I am on board with what you are saying but I take issue with this statement.

If I ever need to consult wowhead is to look up how to do something BETTER rather than figure out WHAT needs to be done.
Guides have always existed but they have always been complementary to existing in-game tutorials rather than a necessity.

10 Likes

So literally what happens right now except with ground mounts? Please :rofl:

4 Likes

You can see people with ground mounts. You can quest with them, or fight em.

They don’t get to fly 10 miles above you and ignore the terrain.

This is funny. Did he manage to extort some money from you? Or were you wise enough to just continue the duel and kill him?

You can quest with people who fly as well, they make items that dismount people in flight so you can fight them…….

5 Likes

WoWhead[.]com has always had a nice page to track your progress on these achievements. They are able to do some nice interface that Blizzard isn’t able to do.

1 Like

Pretty much any adventure or RPG game in the history of… well, games. How long have you been gaming??? Not long I’m thinking :thinking:

1 Like

You logged into the wow forums to file this complaint but can’t Google info from 1 to 3 years ago.

Got it.

Next

3 Likes

I haven’t even taken a break from playing (for more than a few days) and I often forget what I’m supposed to do on my alts. Not sure whether to blame the game’s complexity or my own failing memory though…

1 Like

Blizzard is capable of offering the same tools, they just don’t bother. Wowhead uses the API built into the game to download character data for all its tracking tools. Blizzard could certainly use their own API to do the same – they just fail to provide this for their players. Gotta put more webmaster resources into the shop.

7 Likes

What I don’t like is spending my days off work sitting on the LFG tool trying to find groups to do the new raid and Mythic +.

It’s like playing a different type of game to get into a group to play the game and pay for my sub for.

Flying is eazy and not at all confusing to get (if you can read and are aware of game tabs) but as far as flying goes it is just another system blizz did not develop but instead turned into another system in game that they do not use to create.
The STORM PEAKS was the start had a couple Raids in Cata but after this it was just an afterthought,atleast MoP had the Cap n Buy flying method still (should have never changed from this).
But back to my point Bro,it is not the quest that is the problem (RPG N ALL) but the lack of vision that is a problem,you are not really looking at the issues that make the game BAD,you are just asking for a compromise to a sht system.

1 Like

You can’t get people into groups you create as Vengeance?
Or you’re trying to get into groups as Havoc only?

1 Like

Havoc only. I don’t really trust myself to play as a tank unless it’s timewalking dungeons.

That’s my point.

So hard. :roll_eyes: You literally get 90% of them just by playing the game normally.

Explore achievements don’t even require that much work. You just ride around and find the places. Questing is easy as pie to. Do you just sit around doing nothing and expect to get the quest achievements for doing nothing.

The rep ones I can understand people not liking but the others just makes me think you’re lazy.

3 Likes

I’m with you, and I think it’s probably a little bit of both. Alts can get confusing when they’re all at different points in their progression. But then I think back to when I played other games, and all the notebooks and notepads I maintained. I still have a directory full of spreadsheets that managed my progress through EverQuest. Ten years of tracking epic weapon quests, Vex Thal keys, Planes of Power flagging (yay flag fixing in PoK), dragon tags, boss kills in Gates of Discord, zone progress in Omens of War, Crystallos keys! I had notepads full of passcodes I would need in some MUD I was playing. Notes on FF7 materia combinations, keeping track of progress toward ultimate weapons.

I think of all of that and I’m reminded that this is nothing new. At some point, games just got too complex to keep track of in my head. It used to be strategy guides, notebooks, and graph paper full of dungeon layouts. Then it was spreadsheets, then Google forms. GameFAQs, Allakhazam, and WoWhead.

3 Likes

There are so many other MMOs and online games that have wikis and guides for their content that are praised for it. Many of them don’t have extensive tutorials or hand-holding for returning players - they have to go and research what they’ve missed on their own. That’s just how it is in a living, breathing game that keeps updating over time.

Sure, no one wants to play researcher in the browser when they want to play - but unless you want to be completely ignorant of what you’re doing and piece together context clues from the content as you go along, that’s just what you have to do.

6 Likes