Ready to give up

Thanks. I like you too.

1 Like

Its lore, its a story of understanding WHERE they come from, these allied races. Yes I get what ur saying about how the others were immediately playable, but do YOU not see how story and lore matters? You have to be trusted with that certain branch to become/play that specific race. It makes more sense then having it handed to you imo lol but well agree to disagree ig

1 Like

Locking rewards behind challenges is no problem for me. I enjoy having something to work towards that I actually want.

I view things like dailies, emissaries and world quests as the devil. There is nothing more contrived or disliked in a game than a daily lockout on progression. Really. I don’t want to login every day of the week. Maybe I just want to play Saturday. For whatever reason it’s really my prerogative how I play the game.

Yet Blizzard made the conscious choice to limit me. Hey, play the game however you like but know you won’t be anywhere close to progressing optimally by playing only on Saturday.

In short this game has massive issues but challenges aren’t one of them.

2 Likes

Exactly. I think peep forget that they have years of knowledge doing the xpac where new players do not. And having to even go to Argus is dumb now, it’s like forcing people to go to Tanaan Jungle. Just… why…

I’m still looking for my 415 main hand tanking weapon handout… gimmie!

1 Like

They’re called allied races for a reason, they are already a part of our faction. Time gating is a lame way of getting players to play a bit longer for their metrics.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure the RNG gods will bless you one day with a 415 titanforge or higher.

1 Like

This is in keeping with their refusal to place player agency and ownership first. It has always been gameplay > //fill in anything not directly related to how and when we push buttons\.

It’s their blindspot. It’s why we can’t have anything in game if it isn’t connected to pushing buttons. (housing, races introduced independently, that herb way out on the fringes with no quest objective around, and so on)

It’s why they see no problem if a certain spec isn’t playing well for a time - they don’t see the issue because you just roll to another spec. It’s why they don’t understand the difference between a Gilnean human playing an unbitten survivor of Gilneas and human model. They do not understand why a player who is not enjoying their current class wouldn’t just roll a different class.

Things like these. Decades of research that show that the Avatar and how it presents in the world is the #1 priority in a player’s connection to immersion in a game world has never been given full focus in WoW. The company culture is gamers, and gamers just pull the best skin for the job, and then smile if it’s cool, cause that’s a bonus.

I’m an MMORPG player - I pull, what is for me, the coolest skin/background lore - and then smile if it performs well. This is often at odds with the game. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure without engaging gameplay, WoW wouldn’t have made it this long. I’m just continually frustrated that they don’t get the former. I feel as it that is the barrier between a lot of things that would round out the game world so that it was more inhabitable.

7 Likes

…which is total proof that the devs stuck this onerous task on us, just to get back at them for all the uproar over them trying to remove it from the game entire.
honestly, why DO we have to do this ridiculous thing for ANY content, much less older stuff?
Flips hair

1 Like

Keep the quest line but get rid of the rep grind. The rep grind is what is making people rage not some questline that can be solod in no time.

9 Likes

Let’s hope! Season 1 I never got a weapon on my brew monk, was frustrating. And for RNG to bless me properly, how many M+s do I need to run? Just wondering where the “free welfare gear for doing nothing” comes in…

1 Like

You must’ve skipped past the part where I said doing some quest might give you an epic that titanforges up to heroic raid ilvl.

1 Like

Two completely new races with new models and entirely new lore

As opposed to 10+ reskins of existing races, almost all of which already existed in game and had lore already developed at release (even if some of that lore is pretty scant… Looking at you, void elves).

Like I’m sure a lot of work’s gone into the new races too… But they shouldn’t be locked behind the mess they are now just because of that.

I don’t want to be spending hours playing a character I don’t want to be playing, in order to make the character I do want to be playing. The work’s been done… Let us enjoy it.

8 Likes

Thank you, this informative and player-sensitive post. I have only one thing to add… Too much of this game presumes players start at the expac launch. If you are a new/returning player and have the bad luck to begin anywhere near the middle or end, it becomes very frustrating.
As such, I would really like to see more player guides specifically for the new/returning player.
Flips hair

1 Like

Oh ok, so a viable way to get 14 of these max-level epics is just questing. Cool! i have never had that sort of luck even in the timeframe of a whole season put together.

I do login to my Alliance toon, which I really don’t play, to get the freebies… But that toon is 370 ish and mostly from season 1 mythic+, not 395 ilevel. Seems you still have to work to get geared up to me.

acti-blizz stock down 10 % yesterday.

business plan seems to be working well for them…

Yea, but the work is devalued once some random gets an equal piece of gear through casual means.

2 Likes

It is devalued by maybe 3 pieces of 14? You cannot get fully geared up with those other means, and people trying are already 25 ilevels my junior and we are only in week 2 of season 2.

1 Like

You can though, it’s only a matter of time from a casuals eyes.

I think ilvl should be static and rewarded based on what level of content you are doing. I think titanforging should be scrapped.

1 Like

Nintendo also went down about 10%
almost like stock holders dont care about azerite, or if jaina dies or not… and really only care about trends and predictions.

1 Like

EA and Take Two posted negatives profit guidance. ATVI does not report till next week but because they are includes in a basket of stocks in popular ETFs ATVI and Nintendo get sold off with the rest.

1 Like