Reading the council threads

And if he was making a very bad joke, maybe he should’ve, you know… not made said very bad joke in the first place.

Blizzard is not in the wrong for kicking the guy off the Community Council for doing something immensely stupid while openly using his platform to advertise the fact that he’s a representative of the Community Council.

Sounds like a lot of drama for a group that is completely useless and unneeded.

2 Likes

Prosident turned out to be a major self-promoter. He told us that he had been chosen because of the opinions he held, and because it would be beneficial for him specifically to be on the council, essentially leading it.

He wasn’t the sort of team player they were looking for to carry on low-key dialogue.

2 Likes

A discord isn’t a very professional setting. I think his actions prove that he’s not a racist and he should be back on the community council. Not like he’d want to go back after all the stuff he went through

:point_up_2:

I think you missed the bigger part of the issue. It was not just “one joke” and he went on Asmons stream and admitted to using racist language - and then there were more screenshots that came out.

I will repost some of the original discussion. That he fully well knew and agreed was not a good idea. Formatting is better if you click the post.

All I knew was the one joke. If there’s more to it than that then I wasn’t aware of it

They need to stop the war against casuals players, stop catering to the 1% stop removing rewards for a small group of people who only care about Wow when it’s raid night. start figuring out how you make the game fun and character customization even better for everyone. this MMO has been raid centric for so long when an entire genre and style of game play has been ignored by devs who believe you need to bleed and cry to earn the best rewards or go home wiping 900 times on 1 boss is considered a fun game to play to them for some reason.

3 Likes

There is always more to a story.

He did come off as a self promoter, yes. Followed by creating drama then jumping on a large Stream to discuss it. I had not heard he thought he would be a “leader”. I can promise that was never going to happen. Nobody on the Council is the “leader”.

If he still wanted to post and contribute he most certainly can still create all the threads he wants right here. He is not banned from the forums. He just does not seem interested in engaging with the forums or “public” without the CC tag. Either that or he wants to avoid further drama? I don’t know :woman_shrugging:

Already preordered Violet :heart:

1 Like

Literally all of those are addressing issues on Wow.

The things you listed don’t matter to everyone.

I could genuinely not care less about every single thing you listed except evergreen content.

As I said in my first post of the thread, everyone considers different things important. Stop telling people what they feel is important isn’t. I’m not telling you your interests aren’t important, just that I personally don’t find them important TO ME.

Whereas you are actually saying my interests are superficial and unimportant in a general sense.

There is a reason they chose people from all walks of the game. If you have an issue with something not being brought up, then you should have applied for the council, or apply for it next time applications are open.

How is this not a relevant issue? One of the biggest issues with WoW right now is that sometimes it takes a while to catch up or to get alts ready, and this IMMEDIATELY fixes one of the biggest issues regarding catching up, playing alts, or playing other Covenants.

Council is just a publicity stunt.

If they haven’t bothered to read GD before why would they read CC now?

2 Likes

It is. Just look at the posts of those on it…
I will still hope the next expansion is good but I am having doubts based solely on the council threads.

One thing I’ve never seen in guild chat. “Taking a break, will be back when there’s more customizations.”

It’s usually oriented around a lack of content. So I think the forums in general and the CC Specifically can really be missing the mark on the big issues.

Good, because the next xpac is probably mostly finished and the most I could see Blizz doing is tweaking things and not complete overhauls. Look for your changes in 11.0 or 12.0

1 Like

Blizzard plans out expansions years in advance. By the time the current one is released, there is a team working on the next one already. Things like story, world concepts, art, etc are all underway way in advance. Systems are already in place as well. I have no idea what input you think any of the Council, or even the internet famous influencers, would have on anything. Maybe in Alpha with tweaks?

Op,to be honest ,I haven’t even look at what they were saying because most of it is meaningless .They’ll do what they want the game to be regardless of anyone else’s input .

Ok,i’m reading it now.and they don’t know what a flux is and want it to tapper off even though you need alot of it .oh gess.

So the CC is there to have no effect on this expansion, the next expansion, or the expansion after that.

It’s good to know that it’s not just the latest in a long line of failed PR stunts or anything silly like that…

1 Like

If you thought a group of random players was going to be in the position to actually direct the game on lore, story, etc… I have a bridge to sell you.

Sure, we can give all kinds of feedback and hope that it somehow influences what they do. I mean, we did just get perma Mage tower which was something asked for by players. So players, CC or not, had some say.

Just don’t be unrealistic and expect a miracle, esp from the forums and some volunteers.

1 Like