Re: RDF -- create a survey pop up on login like Social Contract

Anti-lfd posters don’t want any official survey or poll because they know exactly what the results would be. And so does Blizzard.

11 Likes

I’m the one who first posed this EXACT idea, and I’m in favor of it, wholeheartedly.

Now what?

1 Like

Pretty much this, it’s not that blizzard doesn’t know most people want RDF it’s that they hope not enough of will quit over it.

4 Likes

Blizzard already knows the majority wants it, there is no question about that, but they have boosts to sell

4 Likes

Exactly. Blizzard has had years of date to observe on behaviors people just aren’t aware of. To make RDF successful they’ve had to make a lot of decisions design wise to meet the expectations of the lowest common denominator so anyone with a pulse could do content. (See the Cataclysm Heroics debacle). And even in retail they have data of LFD and LFR vs mythic + and mythic raiding to compare data to. They’ve made their decision, just as they should as the owners of the product.

Or … hear me out … just put RDF back in

4 Likes

I can see them not changing there mind… to help us elimate the possibilty of having to group with you and people like u.

Don’t worry I’ll see you in phase 2 or 3 when RDF is in the gane

2 Likes

Even if people quit, that’s why they lean more on micro-transactions. There’s this hot topic RDF debate going on and suddenly Blizz makes a Blue post, “We’re going to actually add name change and faction change and race change to Classic.”

It’s been that way in Retail for a while now. If you read their earning reports, they make more money from micro-transactions than subs. That’s their target playerbase.

Citation needed

Nah youll quit before then.

But that’s just it, I don’t see it stopping. I see it cooling off but it will always be asked for. Kind of like people’s posts about low pop servers…a ever present issue in the mind’s of Forum posters. I’m sure it will calm down a bit.
But the main point of them doing this and me bringing it up is that the RDF posts can almost completely stop. Hope so anyway.

I’m not playing wrath until then lmao so yeah I guess in a way that is true

Rofl facts these people are crying about RDF I doubt they playing vanilla or tbc and expect us to believe they’ll play WOTLK instead of DF

1 Like

Here you go! This is what an actual majority looks like.

1 Like

Well no that’s actually what #nochanges looks like, and batching ended up being a miserable failure which most people hated. Because A) it was always stupid B) blizzard couldn’t even get it to work like it back in vanilla.

I think your thst guy who argues just to argue bc well you find enjoyment… like a dopamine hit if you will.

1 Like

That’s what the majority supporting something looks like. Notice how RDF has never received that type on unanimous support.

Just like RDF would be. No need to waste our time on it.

I see the comparison you’re trying to make, but hear me out

1. If you were to ask your kids what they actually want, you wouldn’t risk throwing away perfectly cooked steak.
  2. One is a system to last for years, the other one is a 20 minute event.

Think a fair comparison would have been
" I already started building house walls out of recycled wood, so why would I ask home buyers if they want brick walls instead".

I think what a lot of folks fail to really realize is the actual purpose of RDF.
Without RDF, you are leaving all smaller servers in the duster.
Without RDF, all non-dominant factions are also left in the duster.
RDF was an easy & convenient way to earn bonus rewards for those top geared folks who otherwise have very little incentive to run dungeons when they are in full 25 gear. Even with RDF, very little reason to run, but at least it’s quick in & out process, and not spend 5-20m gathering a group.

RDF will not matter during first half of Phase 1 of wrath. Everyone will be running dungeons. There will be a slot for everyone.

But then, as soon as 70-80 mass rush is over, same as it was in TBC, finding dungeon groups was a lot harder. A LOT. Not to mention phase 2. Heck, world was dead before JJ 50% buff.

The difference of course being that RDF is widely popular now and back in the day. Batching always sucked and trying to add it to classic instantly made the game worse.

1 Like