Re: RDF -- create a survey pop up on login like Social Contract

An idea for Activision: Create a pop up upon attempted login, survey similar to the "Social Contract’ we all had to acknowlege to play the game. That asks once per account whether you want RDF.
– this would hopefully put an end or significantly quiet the spam RDF for and against posts.
–the community would feel listened to (a saying Activision likes to state often)
–everyone would respond (or they cannot play the game - so it’s not just the vocal minority/majority forum posters)
–Activision is not beholden to follow the results or even post them.
–Simple to create for Activision(assuming they can use the Social Contract pop up as a template and just add radio buttons for votiing)

Questions should be something like (and you can only choose one):
[ ] Yes, I want RDF added in WOTLK please, it’s a great idea!
[ ] I’m not sure, but might as well add it, it doesn’t affect me much!
[ ] I’m not sure, I say leave it out and maybe change your mind later
[ ] I’m not sure, I say leave it out and it’s probably just best to leave it out forever.
[ ] I’m not sure, I say leave it out but probably add it in when you release ICC raid.
[ ] No, I do not want RDF added in WOTLK please, this is not a great idea!

I don’t see any downsides to this. And we can finally have our forums back because it’s not like the RDF posts are ever going to stop. I remember the “anti 58 boost posts” for TBC but they stopped because we all know this make Activision $ and it isn’t like they are going to change their mind. But RDF is not like that.

Just a thought.

37 Likes

Or… hear me out… We just stop spamming the forums with threads constantly about it. Blizzard has stated their feelings on the matter. If this product isn’t meant for them anymore, find another product that caters to their needs.

16 Likes

Or … hear me out … Blizzard has 15+ years of being shamed into giving the playerbase what it wants / removing something implemented that is unpopular with the playerbase.

So, no … there’s not going to be any end to the ‘pro-RDF’ threads.

23 Likes

But why would they do this? They’ve already made up their minds. Why would I ask my kids what they want for dinner after I’ve already started grilling steaks? So they can tell me McDonalds? Seems silly.

2 Likes

That’s a good example because it’s exactly like Blizzard doing what they want regardless.

1 Like

You’re right, why would they listen to the people who actually play the game? They should just triple down on their own garbage decision. You’re so smart.

16 Likes

And where is your proof it is a “garbage decision” outside of this inflated ego of yours that states “My way is the right way”? I wasn’t aware you were the content creator, nor was I aware you speak for all of us. If you don’t like the choice, find another game. You do not speak for everyone, nor do I. So Blizzard has to make a decision on their own. One that will either upset you, or someone else. It’s a no win situation. So either adapt to the change, or find a product where the company designed it for people just like you.

3 Likes

You type like a fem-elf. Go brush your hair.

1 Like

Blizzard values troll(RDF that loser troll with 40 accounts) opinions more than doing actual surveys.

1 Like

Or they value an opinion that isn’t yours. It’s amazing how they have your loyalty when they do everything your way, and yet you snap back like a rabid dog and they are the worst company in the world because they no longer cater to you and only you.

Find another game. Rdf is gone.

3 Likes

This you RDF?

That’s the best you have to refute points? Sad.

1 Like

I would love this. I feel it would show just how many people who actually play the classic version don’t want it

All of these arguments about majoritys and minoritys are really quite pointless, as game design isn’t a democracy for the masses to vote on. The majority is not always right.

The majority wanted spell batching, and we saw how well that turned out.

If all people have for RDF is that the “majority” want it, which has never been proven, then the justification for RDF is hollow and shallow.

2 Likes

I agree bloomsday 1.0

It is sort of a little odd they didn’t at least attempt to ask it in that survey they did before wotlk.

They had the platform to ask a bunch of questions, surprised they didn’t use it to ask things a little more targeted.

1 Like

Facts tho if we allowed retail players to dictate classic we’d of had RDF 2 years ago

Which only would have saved 20 classic servers from dying into mega servers…

Rdf would have been really really handy in tbc due to the 50+ dungeons you have to run just to do end game content.

But w.e water under the bridge.

Enjoy your 4 remaining servers.

4 Likes

Stealing my idea, I see.

Well played.

Are you really asking why a company selling a product should listen to its customer base?

4 Likes