Re: Flask Abuse Bans

TL;DR - Please consider reducing the ban lengths of my guildies.

Long time listener, first time caller.

I am the operator of a small guild that has worked very hard to recruit and gear up members in order to tackle phase 2 content. So imagine my horror when two days out from our first raid in the new content, I find out that some of my top members have been suspended for exploits.

My guild is now in jeopardy as a result of missing these key members. TBC is a small operation to start with and building to PvE content takes time - we’ve been actively recruiting for three months and only started 25 man content at the midway point in August. In a little under 24 hours, Blizzard has punished everyone in our guild for an exploit that should’ve been caught in the PTR.

Whilst I can appreciate that, yes, there is an individual responsibility on the player to not abuse gaps in the system, the lengths of some of the bans have been both inconsistent and arbitrary. One of my members was suspended for three days, another a month, another two - each one realising at different times that they had discovered an exploit, but also realising too late to do the right thing.

My guild members can appreciate that they did the wrong thing - and they’re certainly willing to accept a ban of some length or a rollback of their character. But I am frustrated at both the inconsistency and lack of awareness regarding these decisions. This isn’t retail, there’s a real risk of those suspended for an unfair length of time not coming back. That hurts me, hurts my guild and ultimately, in some small way, hurts Blizzard’s bottom line.

As I said above, I would appreciate if the bans could be reduced, or even better, rolled back. None of my members went out to deliberately game the system or print money, they’re just normal folk who want to play TBC.

I would appreciate if this was the last time I had to make a whiny post on Blizzard forums asking for clemency.

8 Likes

For real, seriously?

They just thought “wow, these flasks are free of cost, lets just sell them to make billions of gold” and no consequences.

Time to learn that you shouldn’t try to be that “smart”.

Because I bet anyone doing t hat felt “it was kinda wrong”, right?

39 Likes

This is because Blizzard uses a penalty volcano. First time offenders are let off rather charitably. Each subsequent offense gets a harsher punishment.

This is why you shouldn’t exploit at all.

32 Likes

I’m not asking for my guild mates to be given a pass.

But what do I say to the guildie who accidentally got five of them, didn’t sell them, didn’t delete them and got banned for two months.

Some of my guild mates spotted it in time and deleted their flasks and managed to escape a ban.

No-one in my guild is this evil boogieman caricature out to trash the economy and ruin it for everyone.

2 Likes

Yeah but the ban times arent justified. like someone got banned for 182 for 1500g. I can make that in 3 days.

1 Like

:joy: imagine how much gold they would of had if they played the game instead, maybe next time they won’t cheat!

11 Likes

Play stupid games…
Win stupid prizes…

34 Likes

deserved imo

15 Likes

Idek what the exploit was :man_shrugging:

Tell them to file an appeal, and/or post in Customer Support, who may be able to have a look and at the very least clarify why it was two months for that person.

2 Likes

you’re playing classic…something only the try hardest of hardest currently even care about outside of streamers looking for content. this includes private server players who have no lifed this expansion for over a decade…

2 Likes

I bet gold sellers didn’t even abuse this. They understand how they’d be banned as a result.

4 Likes

The flasks from Ogri’la vendors were saying they cost 10 shards, but actually weren’t charging you. So people could buy a flask for free, and sell it back to the vendor for like a gold.

If you do a little magic with the addon Restocker and Dejunk, you can basically make a machine that buys/sells automatically. If someone were so inclined, they could have produced a huge amount of gold easily.

2 Likes

They deserve what they got…

13 Likes

Maybe don’t exploit.

8 Likes

Don’t Ban Bots, Don’t Ban Hackers, Don’t Ban Gold Buyers. But lets Ban the people that did something blizzard created and didn’t fix in the ptr… Where is our apology from them messing the flask thing up and causing this issue lol

But the bans are still justified don’t get me wrong but blizzard never take the blame on their mistakes

14 Likes

Appeal it, and keep appealing it. In my experience, usually when you keep on it you’ll get a just outcome eventually

To be fair… they’re pretty different things. People using a bug to essentially create unlimited gold is FAR more damaging than botting or gold-buying, as bad as those may also be

1 Like

A retail fail with over 7k posts using the “no life” meme. LMFAO, 15 years ago called they want their meme back.

2 Likes

Thats their achievement score.

3 Likes