RDF will come with Cata

To push WOTLKC players onto the next prog expansion so they can shut down servers. Calling it now.

that or icc but ya lol. itll def be too little too late if they added it in cata

5 Likes

Im thinking itll actually be released before the ICC patch

1 Like

Wishful thinking. Maybe with ICC patch. Hopefully they release it in general. Imagine the heat if it never comes after they breadcrumb us lmao. That’s a total classic move I could see happening

6 Likes

Im thinking the tuesday after JJ is when itll be released

There won’t be any heat, we’ll all be gone by then.

3 Likes

RDF is nice and all, but you’re giving it too high of a value.

No one has actually quit over lack of RDF. For some, it was just something that tipped them over the edge. But it’s a combination of varies things that makes a player quit.

1 Like

Theres pretty no shot. They were skittish to even talk about RDF, if its in dev, its still in early stages. The CC made it sound like it was still in the discussion stage.

They want a repeat of last time. they know they screwed up with removing RDF and not including it at launch of WOTLK. Many, and i mean Many will not play cata because of it. They won’t let blizz screw them on the next poor decision. then the moron players will think once again that players left because of RDF.

3 Likes

Youre giving these people waaaaay too much credit.

I mean, it’s literally for spam running non-end game dungeons.

Maybe this is why they’ve added H+ but at the same time, they have made sure to keep Dungeon/Raid Finder out of actual endgame content: M+ and Mythic Raiding.

I don’t know what portion of the population actually wants to spam level through old dungeons on repeat and also (for some reason) doesn’t want to do it in Retail, but I’d be quite surprised if RDF is added to Classic and it increases overall player population or even reduces the rate of attrition.

Does ‘quiet quitting’ count? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

at this point I strongly doubt we are even getting cata, especially after token backlash. Prob see hardcore seasons and random Season of mastery seasons after wrath is finished.

While they focus on retail

in fact that’s pro Cata what you just said. The people that are leaving because of blacklash are not coming back.
Plenty of people are eager to play Cataclysm or/and MoP while they didn’t care about Wrath. Not everyone likes the same things. Fun fact, currently Legion server and mop pservers are the new hot topic

Nah, we are getting Cata. The HC is a fad and does not have sustainability to keep Vanilla afloat. Vanilla was pretty much dead 2 months ago and SoM failed. Theres no reason to think theres any long term viability there.

The streamers will not be able to milk HC for much longer. Theyre already having to create cheating storylines to create content because the griefers are no longer / can no longer offer them the only content worth watching HC for.

1 Like

Highest IQ take I’ve seen on this forum in awhile. I could see people possible raid logging an extra night a week if RDF was added.

Bro, you definitely are the suit at Blizzard

They are likely to lose subs if Cataclysm isn’t going to happen. I can’t speak for everyone of course, but with my guild specifically, a decently large guild, none of us want to go back to Vanilla/TBC or do Wrath again… We all are waiting on Cataclysm to keep playing. If they stop Classic at Wrath, they are likely to lose A LOT more subs.

Vanilla Era is staying. SoM2 is coming under a new name. HC is coming. Wrath Era I’m not so sure. Prob a few servers only 1-2 per region.

But same thing will happen to Wrath as it did to Vanilla, it would be deader than dead. A few 100s of players scattered across a dozen of servers.

A lot of people are going full completionism approach - getting things done they didnt do first time around. I’m one of them. I don’t want to lose all my YEARS worth of progress.

Jsut my take on that.

3 Likes

I am not sure. The token is good money maker, but for gdkp gold to flow we need a fresh supply of level 80s. For that random dungeon finder should give the most exp and provide the best experience for those who want to level and qualify for raids.

They didn’t screw up. Well at least in the sense that this was their plan the whole time. They always intended to launch RDF between ToGC and ICC as a retention/resub push.

Weird, every single people I know who was playing WOTLK quit because of no RDF including myself, few return to retail the rest return to private WOTLK servers since those has RDF.

Personally, I got tired of leveling alt and playing a single player game from 1-70 sometime up to 80, RDF would fix this issue and so I would return to WOTLK, if they add RDF and so would all of my friends probably.

(Personal opinion).
Simple retail is garbage and I am not having fun at all right now, the leveling experience is awful with weird power scaling with level 10 twinks one shooting everything in level 1-60 dungeons, horrible game play nothing seem meaningful at all, you get weaker as you level up from 1-60 its trash.

WOTLK, is the complete opposite leveling in dungeon is satisfying and fun, dropping items actually mean something, the power scaling is pretty good you feel like you are getting stronger every levels, game play is overall better, the talents system is better and so on.

This is why I was able to play on WOTLK private server for years without getting tired of it, all I did is reroll alts, gear them up in Heroic dungeons, sometime doing a raid or two and then I would reroll in a endless loop, I never got tired of it, in retail I can barely level up 3 alts before I get this feeling of pure boredom and emptiness and I get the same feeling in WOTLK without RDF since its a single player game at that point until level cap.

3 Likes