RDF wasn't "at the end of Wrath"

Finally! Eureka! We finally recognize a fact here…

The difference is subs went up for years after they released the game before they went down.

Whereas with LFD, subs went up for maybe a month or two, and then trended downward for the next decade.

To say these two things are comparable is disingenuous.

Like…that was the quote in that post…

You realize Dec 2009 to oct 2010 is not a month or two? It then stayed at 12 million til at least feb 2011. The peak of wow held for over a year with LFD.

2 Likes

#wrecked him lol

No where in that quote did I say the introduction of LFD killed the game. Please reread it again and come back to me.

Ok, here i’ll rephrase it for you…

Whereas with LFD, subs went up for 10 months and then trended downward for 10+ years.

Does that make you feel better?

2 Likes

But really, what is the point you’re trying to make? There’s nothing of substance there, you’re literally just stating a fact.

Subs went down after cata launched
Subs went up after every expansion launch
Subs went down after every expansion launch
Many people have left the game
Many people have played the game

These are all facts as well, but they don’t add to thread or correlate to anything, just like your fact lol

2 Likes

You want to know why the devs don’t listen to players? Because players have no idea how to make a compelling argument.

Stop obsessing over this irrelevant crap from a dozen years ago. State why Wrath Classic should have lfd: why you like it, what its benefits are, how it improves the game. Or suggest a compromise like removing the cross-realm aspect if the devs value server community so much.

But no, spend endless hours in the forum war battle if ‘me right, u wrong’ as to why subs dropped a dozen years ago. Yeah, that’s constructive. That’ll accomplish something!

1 Like

Simple, because Wrath had it.

Finally, it only took us about an hour.

My fact adds to the thread because my fact has to do with LFD. Just because you personally don’t like it doesn’t mean it doesn’t add to the thread.

That’s false. The game saw no growth from wrath release to the lfd release.

How does it add to thread? Stating subs declined after LFD was introduced literally adds nothing. If you were trying to say subs declined because of that, sure you’ve added to thread, but you’ve continuously stated that’s not what you’re saying.

Did people leave over LFD? Sure, people leave over lots of things. Do we know how many left over that vs any infinite amount of other things? No.

One thing I do know is, I have seen very few people say they wouldn’t play wrath IF there was LFD and a lot more threatening to quit if it’s not there (though that’s not a good choice if it’s just over LFD)

Pretty much. A lot of the arguments here lack the ability to think critically. They have deduced the entire justification of LFD in Classic Wrath to being “WRATH IS THE MOST POPULAR!” as if that has any bearing on the development of CLASSIC Wrath, which is not ORIGINAL WRATH.

Your suggestion has been done. This thread was a response to clear up a misunderstood and seemingly common misconception that LFD was at the end of Wrath. It wasn’t. I posted this thread on my alt as a response to that. I’ve posted why we should have LFD and I’ve done it in a logical and calm way across multiple threads.

This isn’t an argument for or against LFD it is a series of facts designed to clear up community misconceptions about the dates and the effect of the release of LFD.

It’s impossible to convince you even with the direct evidence posted in this thread. You are in fact wrong. /shrug

I think Wrath Classic should have lfd (though ideally without cross realm), but that is not a compelling argument you make. Someone could have a very simple counterpoint of “Wrath also didn’t have lfd, and it didn’t have it for longer than it did”. So maybe delve a little deeper in your argument.

It still saw growth for years beforehand, which is what’s important here. If you want to split hairs by going month by month, I’m not really interested. I’m interested in the overall pattern and overall trends, because that’s what matters.

If you don’t see how knowledge and facts add to a discussion I’m not sure how to help you out there. Best of luck with whatever it is you’re trying to accomplish here.

This is a moot point, I don’t think Blizzard is all that concerned about the unintended audience quitting the game. They’ve realized over the years that RPGs only appeal to a certain type of gamer. If it isn’t for you then it’s not for you, Blizzard can’t strip the game of it’s RPG elements just because a few more non-RPG gamers might play it.

Not because of RDF. They “hated this period” because of a content drought.

1 Like

correlation something something not equaling causation.
ICC came out and then the population started declining.
i guess ruby sanctum was the last raid but you should get my point.