RDF - To the Devs, Lead Design, and the "but muh social experience crowd"

So, people queuing for a dungeon through RDF maybe doesn’t want to do a dungeon. :thinking:

RDF does not disable the chat to stop you from talking. You can still have a conversation inside a dungeon queuing through RDF. Not my fault you chose to ignore the chat then blame others for how you behave.

No, you lack understanding of what Massive Multiplayer Online actually means. An MMO does not mean you have to socialize if you do not want to. An MMO does not mean you have to manually do everything from forming groups to joining for a raid.

An MMO means it is an online game.

2 Likes

I don’t care about what you want. There has already been a concession made. There is a group finding tool that is stupid, but you have it. Literally nothing prevents you from participating in creating or joining a group with zero tools like this involved while you quest or fly around. Again, learn how to make friends.

Good. Nobody cares about what you want.

3 Likes

You have a breadth of understanding that of a minnow. It’s not about talking in the dungeon solely. Nowhere has that ever been claimed. It’s about the willingness to participating in finding people to group with. The incentive to befriend people you like grouping with as it would then make the task of forming the next group easier.

Also no, MMO means a lot more than that. Call of Duty isn’t an MMO, yokel.

1 Like

Aw let him be. This is the guy who has to come to WoW to make pretend friends.

1 Like

Feeling is mutual.

What concessions?

I don’t want or need to make friends, I do however want the system that was in the game already before Ion decided to sell a few more brain cells on which he’s running low on and why is it a bad thing to quest, que and get dropped back where you were questing when done the dungeon? I expect no logic will come from your response.

You’re fine with a new LFG being added, but not okay with the system that was THERE… talk about hypocrisy.

3 Likes

I didn’t say I was fine with it. I said it’s a concession made to give you what you want. It does nearly the same thing but still requires something of the player. It’s a compromise. It sucks, but it’s fine. Whatever. Not that I am fine with it

Also that’s fine if you don’t want to make friends. That just means you don’t get to do things that require some semblance of a relationship with others. This is your choice.

“I want a pony” okay will you pay for, feed, and care for it? “No I don’t want to do those things but give me a pony.” Whiny children.

There was no need for a concession, RDF was part of the game… we didn’t need a new system.

False again, I don’t need to be friends with people to play with them… this is a big reason the system that was ALREADY IN THE GAME… was a good thing. The friendships I have, have blossomed into family… and the love is mutual, I’m happy on the friends bit.

A no logic analogy.

3 Likes

Just a few facts:

Subscribers from 2004 to 2009 (prior to RDF): reached aproximately 11.5mil.
Subscribers increase from 2009 (when RDF was introduced) to 2010: aproximately 500k.
Subscribers after 2010: decreased considerably.

Question: how can you ‘objectively’ claim that RDF improves the game, when 11.5mil did fine without it?

I’m not saying that RDF ruined the game, but it definitely didn’t improve it either. Stop it, please, we don’t have enough data to support that it ruins or improves the game. It may improve the personal experience for some, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it improves it for the community. Only Blizzard may have the data to study the social impact: everything else is speculation, on both parts of the argument.

And even if you can ‘estimate’ what the vocal minority/majority is based on the forums activity, it still doesn’t represent a mathematical relevance, since it is just a fraction of the subscribers.

1 Like

Where do you come up with these numbers? Go from 11.5 MILLION to 500k in a year? No way those numbers are believable.

Let’s see, estimated number of subscribers by the end of 2009: 11.5mil; estimated number of subscribers by the end of 2010: 12mil.

12,000,000 - 11,500,00 = 500,000

The increase from 2009 to 2010 equals 500,000; I don’t have access to exact accurate numbers.

I gotcha now, it’s the increase… my bad dude.

At the start of Wrath, subs were around 11.5 mill approx.

lolwut…

Halo 3 had like 3 million concurrent active players at any given time a year after launch and that franchised pretty much pioneered matchmaking in FPS.

I honestly would prefer if you went to play something else /shrug

2 Likes

Wow a whole year! That’s incredible!

Except it also proved my point. Thanks. Longevity isn’t a year. You’re hysterical.

Yes, after a year those 3 million players completely disappeared. The critical thinking skills of a child.

Now I remember why I never posted on these forums. Blizzdrones are insufferable and a major contributing factor as to why Blizz games decline so fast.

3 Likes

They say discussing a 15 year old expansion for an 18 year old game.

Oy vey, mate. Blizzard does a lot wrong, like making any concessions to the whiny children who demand everything be given to them.

Stop saying concessions, none were made… do you not know what a concession is?

2 Likes

Man, he doesn’t know how to read a dictionary, no point even asking him that question.

1 Like

Asking for easier accessibility to the content is not asking for everything to be handed. And the only whiny child here is you.

1 Like