RDF - To the Devs, Lead Design, and the "but muh social experience crowd"

Amen my man… like que all day for PVP and don’t enter the world… but the world is coming to an end if you do the same with dungeons, most ppl doing either tho… are in the world farming or questing anyway.

3 Likes

What if I told you that PvP and PvE are two different things, and one has no bearing on the other?

I don’t believe that crap, that is just the counter argument coming your way. GL.

You’re right, PVE and PVP are 2 different things. But the thing that is common about queuing for Battlegrounds and queuing for Dungeons is both are group content. People have claimed that dungeons required coordination to complete, doesn’t battlegrounds also required the same thing to win them as well.

2 Likes

Except we’re not talking about the content itself, we’re talking about the tool used to access said content.

And in that regard CRBG’s are the same as RDF.

3 Likes

I was just stating the counter argument used as to why it is ok to have it for BGs but not dungeons; and asking how that poster was going to answer that.

You should know my position on RDF and LFR by now, I don’t make it a secret.

being ok with cross realm queueable bgs but not the same in pve rdf is hypocritical

2 Likes

If it were up to me, I’d put an automated, X-realm queue system on everything, up to and including arenas.

I think the vast majority of Anti-RDF are on PVP Servers, and they’ll get upset that they won’t have anyone to kill at summon stones near the dungeons.

I was gonna take you seriously but… lol nah I was never gonna take you seriously.

For a lot of text, that was well written and very thoughtful. Points accepted. I’ve joined the RDF crowd!

Good job Ogrekill!

Perhaps. I was against the original implementation of battlegrounds as well. It took incentive away from controlling zones with your faction. Things that cheapen the value of the world are bad. When Blizzard first released AV it destroyed world PVP, and they kept further dwindling it down because people who couldn’t make friends enough to counter the other side kept crying…

Hm, this sounds familiar.

Learn how to make friends. It’s pretty important. Whiny children.

1 Like

How stupid of an argument is this. “Learn to make friends” is about as good as an argument as “the earth is flat”.

Yeah, having friends is important. You know what isn’t important. Toxic trolls such as yourself.

Understanding MMO game design is being a troll to children who only have experienced matchmaking systems. I’m sorry delicate flower.

1 Like

I’m sorry if grouping for group content doesn’t fit your MMO perspective. Maybe I dunno, go outside and touch some grass.

Grouping does. As in, forming and participating in that group. The act of which is more important than clicking spells poorly in a dungeon. Just like when D&D has tried to cater to the idiots that play to roll huge 20s, so happens when MMOs cater to babies who just want to hit spells. 4 and 5e were actual trashcans. Which is why people still play 3.5 and pathfinder. The core game from Vanilla-WotLK has survived this long apart from later attempts of games similar to the MMO genre is because the early game developers and designers understood this. MMOs aren’t arcade matchmaking hack’n’slash games, and that’s all you’re asking for when you remove the most vital part of the game, the world and people in it.

If you can’t make a group yourself by communicating and planning you don’t get to or deserve to do grouped content. Go play something else that suits you.

1 Like

What is RDF? Helping forming groups to participate in the content. Only difference, it gives everyone a chance, instead of the same gatekeeping behaviour that existed before RDF was introduced, and happening now without RDF. Sorry if you’re too low of an IQ to even know that.

First of all, RDF did not remove people from the World. The world was full of people right up to the introduction of the level boost. You know what removed people from the World? Level Boost? Because, why play the content when you can skip the content.

You roll on Remulos around between 3am to 12pm and you tell me how easy it is to form a group for a dungeon. You roll a low level toon and you tell me how easy it is to roll a dungeon.

Your behaviour is a perfect example why WoW is failing to get any new players. One thing that turns off new people from signing up, toxic behaviour, something which don’t need to play the game to see it to believe it, just come to the forums.

2 Likes

GREAT! So why would you change the way you make groups then? RDF isn’t mandatory.

1 Like

No. It forms it. It doesn’t help. It just does. It’s a matchmaking lobby. Forming a group is looking for players to join you. Yourself. Messaging them asking if they’d like to, having a conversation, seeking specific roles and duties. RDF is no different than queueing for a match in Overwatch. Also, by the way, something that has killed longevity of FPS games as well.

Yes, level boosts are bad. I’d like to see the buy a boost / use a boost button be a honeypot that immediately bans that person’s account permanently. Same as paid transfers.

Then you don’t get to do certain grouped things. What’s so difficult for you to understand? If I want to go to a bar at 5 AM and there are no bars open at 5 AM I don’t get to go to a bar. MMOs are virtual worlds. There are limitations to that. Again, you lack understanding of this genre. Also, I don’t care if there are new players when the new players are those buying boosts, worrying about parses beyond a certain floor, only knowing how to follow a guide someone else made, or thinking the game is about maximizing a rotation they couldn’t figure out themselves.

People like you remind me of a Mitch Hedburg joke. Sorry mate, I want McDonalds when I go to McDonalds. I don’t want spaghetti and blankets. This game was designed and brought back to be what it is, with no RDF for those of us who have been playing these versions of the game for the last 18 years.

Go play something else.

1 Like

Coming from the guys who only thing is whining about random claims without any type of proof. The only things that kill the open world are lack of players and lack of open world events. Y’all hype up Vanilla and TBC but PVPers had no choice but to sit in town and que over and over. Now that people want the system that was in the game and that they can que from anywhere… somehow that’s killing the world? You’re nuts. I want to que and quest while I level… when I’m 80, I wanted fly around farm and que… you keep making up some false narrative that everyone is just gonna sit in town and que, it’s not true.

3 Likes

It didn’t tank the game. The game was still growing when they released it. BTW, no one else should have to sacrifice their way of playing because you lack the self agency to do what you think best.

You’re asking Blizzard to hold your hand because you have no self control. It’s embarrassing.