RDF - To the Devs, Lead Design, and the "but muh social experience crowd"

Just like with no RDF, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I’m right in each of those posts. Why would I bother to say something else?

1 Like

Because you have shown the complete lack of sophistication to do that?

Ahh yes. Something that helps makes content more accessible to people is obviously anti-MMO.

2 Likes

I’m not the one paying for a video game I don’t like.

1 Like

I like it. Where did you get the info that I did not?

It’s obvious you’re making things up at this point.

Kind of, yes. Accessibility is earned in an MMO. If you can’t make a group, you don’t get to do grouped content. If you can’t meet a DPS check, you can’t kill that boss. If you don’t want to put the effort into gathering materials for a profession, you don’t get to excel at it.

MMOs are designed to get out of them what you put into them. “Casual” players used to understand this. If you don’t want to put in the effort to do something in the game, you don’t get to be on the same level as someone who does.

I don’t understand how rdf has anything to do with the social experience of the player base. A lot of folks just don’t know how to treat each other with basic human decency, and rather than place the blame where it should be (on us - the player base) it’s cast on a tool. Why is a tool blamed? It’s easier than holding folks accountable for being a jerk.

So RDF is fine as long as your a hard core player that has put in your 120+ hours a week playing a 15 year old game.

No. It’s not fine because it removes a core aspect of the genre. Forming a group.

Why does the age of the game matter to you?

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. RDF isn’t gate keeping content based off your class, gear score, or how much money you can spend on an item.

RDF actually does gatekeep based on gearscore. It also gatekeeps based on what random dungeon you get. People routinely leave if they get Occulus or Violet Hold.

1 Like

Hate to burst your bubble, but that wasn’t added until Cataclysm. As for people leaving Occulus or Violet Hold that’s on them for being terrible people. If that’s a major concern then I wouldn’t mind if they put a 24 hour lock out on leaving a dungeon. Just like afk’ers in PVP. Except much much longer.

Violet hold? Who leaves for Violet hold? It’s probably the easiest of all the heroics.

1 Like

It’s not efficient enough for the babies.

first, i dont agree with the attack stance he used from the jump, the constant jabs at the elitists didnt help the case but if you ignore those… he has some very valid points.

why wouldnt he admit that lfr helped him IN RETAIL? it has nothing to do with the rdf discussion we are having. it doesnt undercut any of his points no matter how much you try and divert attention away from his real valid points.

you call it whining? sure, when trying to divert attention and confuse the issue, this is the typical anti rdf move. the DEVS TOLD us to make noise, to post on the forums, to make them see what we wanted in game. this is quite a few pro rdf’er doing EXACTLY what the devs asked them to do and you call it whining?

The person I was responding to said that anti-RDFers were the whiniest group, which I thought was rich given how spammy and hysterical many pro-RDFers are.

I have no issues squawking about something that you don’t like. I personally wouldn’t take it to spam level by creating multiple threads on it.

When we fought for Classic, we had a single, stickied thread but it was memorable because of the very high post count. What you folks are doing on this forum just creates ill will.

there are pro rdf posts out there with 6k+ posts on it, there are community council folks pushing the issue and still the devs dont respond. thats why you get a flood of posts about it. people are even on blizzard employee twitter feeds hollering for RDF.

and i agree, the attack stance through that other guys post gets him nowhere and loses credibility for some very valid poionts.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure in a geared group its still around 15min. It feels slow but its not really THAT bad. Most other dungeons aren’t hitting sub 15 minutes unless you are in a guild group doing large pulls and/or skips. Not saying an 8min UK is impossible, just that an above average group isn’t hitting these times without being a guild run.

He didn’t have any actual points other than he’s casual and doesn’t have much time to play and therefore wants a super efficient tool to accommodate his lifestyle.

Nothing wrong with playing a different game that suits the amount of time he can commit to his entertainment.

1 Like

That doesn’t change the fact it’s what happens with RDF.