RDF - To the Devs, Lead Design, and the "but muh social experience crowd"

That’s all bs and posturing. insta-queues don’t make for a more social experience from my experience.
YOU YOU YOU. You are entitled. If you don’t like the state of the game, what are you doing here? You must like something?

Don’t give me the QOL excuse either. Good for you may not be good for everyone.

Get off your high horse.

Agree. Add LFD in asap. Anti LFDers are panicking now that people see how the game is without LFD. Now is the time to keep pushing.

Good for you may not be good for everyone.

That is exactly why we keep asking for RDF to be put back in. It’s better for the majority of players.

1 Like

So you do you and let others do w/e. If RDF becomes a thing it’s not like you’ll get banned for not using it.

No kidding, can you believe they caved in and allowed Classic ?

Those horrible crying classic lovers… Oh wait, those bad people accomplished something good.

1 Like

You have to agree it’s pretty stupid to not want RDF.

saying taking rdf out of the game will “improve social interaction” … lol … nonsense.

2 Likes

I guess I need to requote my response to that for those late to the party:

1 Like

That sort of thing is not part of the package for these people, they will never get it.

RDF does not prevent you from talking to the people in the dungeon with you.

The anti RDF crowd will never get this.

5 Likes

I could get the social experience aspect… in vanilla wow. When the old world was actually a little more active. But now we’re into expansions I think dungeon finder should’ve honestly been in TBC. Heck I wish it was still in live for Mythic 0’s since Heroics and Normals are utterly pointless now outside of the latter for levelling (And even then I believe it’s slower than questing).

I hope Cataclysm will at least have LFD at launch.

1 Like

Not having it to improve social interactions is nonsense as well. Lol

Honestly, I don’t want RDF but the social aspect of the game is a individual experience. I get all my raids completed in a day, speak to nearly no one and log out.

Social interactions you generally have to force with or without RDF. I don’t really play to make friends, I play to raid and get the gear I need and move on. I only really care about what I need.

You can’t really dictate how people play the game. People will do what they enjoy. I don’t care for small talk. Just want my loot and dailies. At least until season 8 of my private server comes out.

“Why do you play an MMO if you don’t care about the social experience?”
Because I can’t solo raids to get 10/25man loot… other players are just a means to get the gear I want and I really just chat with my RL buddies I play with. Other peoples game experience isn’t my responsibility.

Note: As for why I don’t want RDF, I can’t gatekeep. I want to stack my groups in my favor. It may be toxic but there is enough players out there on most servers to find groups. I will build the group also in favor of the content to make my play time easier (e.g mage for the crit buff, paladin for buffs, AE heavy for a lot of trash, heavy melee to ensure the drops I want if it doesn’t gimp the fight not on kt obviously).

1 Like

RDF: can chat with players while actively clearing a dungeon

No RDF: can chat with players while actively clearing a dungeon, can chat with players while forming the party and discuss roles/whether you’re willing to tank/heal etc; can chat with players as you head to the dungeon; can befriend these same-server members for future dungeons or joining of guilds

Yeah, you’re right. No difference whatsoever. LOL

1 Like

Yep there is no difference, it’s a group of strangers I’ll never play with again.

And of course RDF does not prevent you from manually forming groups if you want to.

You want to know what is the difference? I don’t get bent out of shape and up tight because someone else plays the game differently than I do.

2 Likes

Players that insist on being anti-social and just want their badges will obviously prefer the lobby game approach that RFD offers. That approach is supported in retail.

This is not the direction Classic is taking because they have a vision (design pillars) that aligns with players like me. Those that just want to grunt out their spec (balance) and collect badges are the type of players that would find more enjoyment in retail.

Sorry that you lost this fight. Go ride a dragon in a month and not talk to anyone.

Cheers.

1 Like

You try to make everyone happy, you get retail.

1 Like

It’s actually the opposite, the game peaked in wrath where there was the most accessible content available for the most people(part of which included wrath)

As the they started to ignore the player base and focus on exclusive content you get retail which has hemorrhaged.

Having RDF does not prevent you from playing how you want to play.

1 Like

It’s a beautiful Wednesday and I’m just here to say thank the Lord we don’t have RDF so I can get my daily dose of RDF cringe.

I hope you’re not attributing WotLK’s original success to RDF (a tool introduced in ICC).

As I said in post #2:

You introduce RDF, then that becomes the de facto way to run dungeons due to efficiency.

If players could pick up ilevel 200 epics by fishing in Elwynn Forest, players would be fishing in Elwynn Forest rather than grinding heroics. To tell players that you can spend more time and grind heroics and you shouldn’t complain about these fishermen is not a strong argument.

This isn’t merely a “just don’t use it” argument. It fundamentally changes it for almost all dungeon running players.

1 Like