RDF - To the Devs, Lead Design, and the "but muh social experience crowd"

That’s cause they’re completely out of touch lol

1 Like

LOL You’re a troll get the hell outta here…

1 Like

You’d have to have a really crappy social life to think “gg” “LFM H COS” and “inv” are having “social experiences.” I wonder if going through a Wendy’s drive through and hearing the guy repeat your order is socially fulfilling to any of you.

8 Likes

And they are just supposed to take your word for it ?

According to them RDF is the reason we cannot have world peace !

2 Likes

RDF will break their social immersion in an 18 year old game ontop of that

2 Likes

This is 100% facts.

As a plate DPS i havent gotten into any Heroics yet. My server is full of reserve runs and " No plate DPS, Clothies only" “ranged DPS only”

Is this fair? Not at all…

Ruining my experience. Please add RDF as players have ZERO morals and without it people like me are helpless

4 Likes

Maybe you shouldn’t be playing classic then if your time is specifically parsed out into 10 heroic dungeons? Wow isn’t a math equation.

RDF/LFD is anti-social in the fact that it created dungeon runs where people are not experiencing social interactions in the real world. You won’t see people in Westfall asking for peeps to run Deadmines anymore. That’s a social interaction.
Another example is that it allows bad faith actors to continue to be so in random dungeons. It promotes people speed running dungeons with absolutely no common courtesy or anything. If that’s what you want, play another game, or play retail, which allows you to do these things already. That’s NOT WHAT THE CLASSIC EXPERIENCE WAS MEANT TO BE. FFS why do you all feel the need to come in here and crap on what actually made this game good so you can have your garbage fast food version of the game? There’s a common phrase - “The road to hell is paved with the best intentions” - that’s RDF. Seriously. Go play retail. Buhbye.

1 Like

Get into a guild. That’s the whole point. Be social. Meet people. Talk to people. Start your own groups.

1 Like

RDF does the same thing LFG tool does, so how is one anti-social and one not considering the former allows you to play with more people?

what real world are you talking about?

you already don’t, and as you level through to 60 you will see less and less player to group with the further you go as it is already.

bad faith actors will exist with or without RDF, they already contribute to rejecting players based on unfaithful reasons, restrict invites to players they dont have to roll against, players abusing LFG system to run their GDKP to move dirty gold, not geared enough? then you dont belong in my group; gatekeeping, etc. these bad faith players all exist with or without RDF.

people already do this without RDF, common courtesy wasn’t added when they removed RDF.

RDF was in original wotlk. LFG tool is a retail tool; looks like you prefer retail features more than you do the original features that were in the game.

maybe removing more original features will make cata classic better. :rofl:
blizzard adding in retail features like layering, loot bags for tanks/healers, LFG tool certainly made classic better along with the socials experiences for players like you.

did retail features mentioned above make the game good? :rofl:

the intentions of preserving social experience by removing a feature that increased the amount of players you were able to play with; it’s funny you quoted that since blizzard only intended the best by removing original features :wink:

Now explain how your social experience is better now that there is no RDF. :rofl:

people who run dungeons already do this, and they still would even with RDF.

1 Like

I know you’re level 62 so you may be surprised to a hear a lot of people do whatever the meta happens to be. Meta right now is every heroic every day.

No, it isn’t the Classic Experience you personally want others to have. What’s worse than being a sweaty player or casual player? Being any kind of player that tells people how they need to play a game.

Oh, the irony.

4 Likes

Whataboutism: The post (Brought to you by a level 39 player, definitely credible)

The game itself tells people ‘how they need to play the game’. If you dislike social imposition, mmo’s aren’t for you. It can’t be purely anarchic; if everyone is given the ability to ‘play as they please’, they necessarily exclude others who don’t possess a similar desire to play in the same way, this kind of atomism is inherently exclusionary.

level on posted char doesn’t indicate credibility or lack thereof.

it doesn’t

social interactions are imposed in dungeons formed by both RDF and LFG tool, it’s up to the player to decide if they want to go beyond simple group activity as far as socializing goes, dungeons dont force players to be social, not with LFG or RDF.

people already play as they please on their own accord, this didn’t change without RDF.

you mean like how world tour groups will reject someone who doesn’t have time to or want to play 6 hours in one sitting to complete all heroics?

kind of like removing RDF and the reasoning for it in the first place, excluding the values and interests in the players who were expecting a wotlk feature to be present in classic wotlk, which in turn forced them with a retail feature as the only alternative, that of which never existed in wotlk.

brought to you by a “credible” level 80 player

So far, my experience outside my guild as a healer has been okay, save for people spam pulling mobs and wiping the group, and groups that tend to kick when you have one other person with you because they don’t want whatever that class is. Everyone’s rabid for heals in heroics. But as a dps? Not a chance.

This was the listing earlier today when I could actually be in the game. All tanks and dps, and very few healers.

No one socializes in these groups. Occasionally you get someone murdering another player outside at the summoning stone or forming a pvp wall for camping single players with a whole raid group. That’s about it.
“inv” “ty” “summ” doesn’t count.

It’s all GDKP/Sales and no healers.
The most annoying part is that you still need to spend all the time waiting to login on bigger servers, and then spend more time waiting around posting in lfg through the waves of spam posts. Today I had to go visit someone in the ICU and came back to a 3.5 hour queue. Ah well, I guess I won’t do anything today.

One of my favorite parts of WoW is RDF, outside of M+ (except for season 4 SL. Terrible.) I’ve always enjoyed spam queueing dungeons just for fun. I enjoy just popping a low level character in or getting a satchel bonus on my main, in between doing keys.
I just enjoy it as a staple of the game.

7 Likes

Lets put RDF in - but it doesn’t drop loot. I love the idea - that way people can run dungeons for the fun of it if they can’t make a group.

2 Likes

Let’s put RDF in - but remove all the limits it puts on your social experience

oh wait

x1000. RDF can be like scrimmages, and you can do as many as you want for practice and to enjoy the content for intrinsic fun. Then they can ramp up the difficulty in loot runs to make them more intense and engaging experiences. Win, win.

you should work for blizzard with that brain of yours

Bring back cross realm random dungeon finder to the game. It was working fine back then, and it will improve this toxic game now.

6 Likes

To say that it hurts social interaction is equally as nonsensical.

3 Likes