RDF Pros & Cons

Since the “CC” guys want to flame posts because they aren’t doing their jobs, here’s a basic pros vs cons list for RDF and how the ACTUAL community feels:

RDF Pros vs Cons

Pros:

• Was introduced in WoW’s most popular expansion WOTLK ( proof enough that people liked it)

• Easy to use

• A majority of the community wants it - people who don’t, can elect not to use it… but if its not in, than you are literally only giving a small population of players what they want.

• Allows undesired ( non-meta ) classes the ability to actually run a dungeon without a core group of friends. ( or waiting hours trying to find a group )

• Gives the ability to actually do something in the game between farming or grinding. ( instead of spending 2 hours looking for a tank )

• WOTLK was designed to run a lot of dungeons with ease due to how you grind faction rep ( the tabards, going to be nearly impossible for a lot of players who can’t easily queue for a dungeon )

Cons:

• Hurts community
  • Easy to attain gear

This false slight against community… is not even worth being debated… Retail WoW is dead… its not coming back… so acting like keeping RDF in WOTLK Classic is somehow going to change the course of history is ludicrous.

Easy to attain gear?? lol its pre-raid… who cares… at a certain point your characters stops running dungeons… you run them for fun if anything or to help someone out… why are we acting like the ability to easily run dungeons somehow hurts anything?

Point is, blizzard needs to just come out and say… “We didn’t listen to anyone in the community, we removed this because we don’t want people to have the ability to easily level alts… we want them to buy 70 boosts instead.”

Or just keep it in the game… but I think you know that 80% of the classic population is done after WOTLK and you’ll lose these subs forever… so you trying to milk us for every last penny you can before you company goes bankrupt.

And to the CC members flagging posts… you are exactly what the actual community thinks about you :slight_smile: .

50 Likes

nice biased statement, you couldn’t bother to make research for ‘cons’ like you did for the ‘pro’ ? your lamenting outcry is pretty weak and cringe

didn’t expect less than a cringey pro LFD, couldn’t even make sentence with more than 3 words for ‘cons’

post it in general you weak soul

15 Likes

Feel free to post some Cons, I’ll update the cons side for you bb.

Edit 1.

Searching, all I can see for any anti-RFD posts are:

It kills community… and simp posts for blizzard saying thank you for removing it… with 0 justification for its removal.

22 Likes

i’m not the one complaining about no LFD, you should be the one to come up with your own argumment to support your cause, otherwise its just weak sauce

nice straw-man move along troll.

2 Likes

nothing else to add from your part to make the debate somewhat even, yeah you’re weak sauce to the core

I would welcome anyone that could offer more in depth Cons.

1. In what ways exactly did it harm community and do you have data to support it?

2. What is the harm with people obtaining pre-raid gear easily?

3. Any other Cons I am missing.

14 Likes

I’d like some articulate cons as well. I haven’t seen anything but vague statements against it.

15 Likes

Can’t hurt a “server community” that doesn’t exist in this era of the game.

30 Likes

so pvp cross realm and cross faction does not hurt the community…but silly dungeons do? Esecially during 10-79. Yeah, those DEVASTATE the community… OOOOF. How dare you to play with others…You must solo quest and have the least social experience.

WoW Classic team wants us to buy boosts and play solo during leveling. Simple as that.
Currently, leveling is the least social experience one can have in WoW.

Well, yeah. That’s because the majority actually wants it. We literally got 2 massive polls saying that.

One was a by a youtuber w/ 28,000 recorded responses.
Another one was by wowlogs /w 25,000 recorded responses.
Both, obviously, dominated in support of RDF.

But according to anti lfd folks, only PRO-lfd watch youtube and only pro lfd use wowlogs.

19 Likes

Love this, also everyone always says “you are biased you dont know the real cons” Then you ask “Ok what are the cons besides Community” They all have nothing.

LFD needs to be in the game no need to take it out all. The New system is gonna hurt way more than having the original LFD. Ive used their system in retail and its gonna create way more toxicity and meta dungeon running than anything else.

Good Job Blizzard you did it again, the complete opposite of what people want.

21 Likes

#1 - wasnt in game til ICC anyways so you got 1 patch to use it wow… so good it was throughout wotlk
#2 - no control over the players in the LFD… and how many useless people have you had in your LFD throughout history that was infuriating… especially when 1 dude votes not to kick… actually annoying and the LFD falls apart.
#3 - small servers will have stupid queue times, and if a server dies or loses player base during the xpac, the queue times will increase massively (thus having to introduce cross - realm)
#4 - the add-ons we have are literally the same thing they are putting in except LFG bulletin etc… pull from chat where this pulls from people creating, you can see the progress of the group and a note. (its meeting in the middle for an LFD)
#5 - push button to queue AFK 10 minutes. or people that actually play during their queue get to miss queue 500 times because people afk during queue. Its annoying.
#6 - tanks and healers not knowing how to do anything and again… you have no control. Its annoying. if you are one of the people that says i dont have alot of time to play. Then you should 100% be on board with the last 2. Its frustrating. Oh and if you leave you get deserter… So fun

since im running out of time, i have to go to work. ill list my pro.
#1 - changes the meta for leveling, gearing and badge farming making the hardcore players get more for alot less time spent in the game. Also makes Enchanting mats stupid easy to just giga farm (especially with the End of dung satchel giving a free shard.)

When it comes to the “Classics” you are still playing with a big Pro Vanilla wow playerbase. Not the retail playerbase, not the people who tried classic leveled to 60 did 1 MC and quit. People that really hated the QoL systems that were introduced.

I see alot of hurt from the dungeon finder. It just kills chat. Atleast with the retail system not being cross realmed. you can post in LFG and spam chat. Thus doubling the visability. its still better than just chat. Just not as stupid and uncontrolled as LFD.

have a good day! get triggered for me and tell me how much you think im dumb!
P.s. Really dont care if you get triggered… Go play retail.

6 Likes

Cons: Brian Birmingham remembers one time whispering someone and they went to a dungeon together. This kind of community love would be lost!

5 Likes

All of those cons could be attributed to groups formed organically. Have a tank who doesnt know things? If you’re a jerk and kick them instead of telling them how to do the fights, you are headed back to Shatt to look for a new one.

12 Likes
  1. Irrelevant

2. it happens, it can happen creating your own group too

3. Cross realm makes the Queue times similar to other servers and a small server will take a long time to set up a group manually anyways

4. Its not the same, not even close.

5. Big deal, while waiting I can quest or work on Professions until someone accepts. Annoying yes, an actual Con to the system? No

6. More Elitism, this can happen manually making a group - Remove Deserter Debuff

14 Likes

OMG…the anti RDF crowd might have to play with a new or developing player…oh woe is them. Take your meds and discuss your sociopathic tendencies with your therapist already.

You play this game with real people. At least pretend you know and respect that fact.

26 Likes

That’s a bingo

1. Its been so long I don’t remember when it came out, but non-point.
  2. Why do you need control over players? I have lost track of how many bad players I have played with in dungeons in classic and tbc classic… you were probably one of them.
  3. Thats why RDF needs to be cross-realm… its more inclusive to the community… instead of exclusive.
  4. sooo your solution is a system created by someone outside the game should be used instead of a system created by literally the best Devs Blizzard has ever had? Also these addons are terrible.
  5. So, you don’t like pushing a button and waiting 5-10 minutes ( based on your spec ) but would rather sift through scrolling “GDKP, Guild recruitment, Witch Hunts, Trolling, Boosting spam, etc” for an hour? Crazy.
  6. Again with this control… you sound entitled.

Do you have any real cons?

20 Likes

This is an awful thing to say about others. It also detracts weight from your argument.

As to your actual bullet points, many come down to you wanting to exclude anyone who isn’t as skilled as you are in dungeon content. Part of the fun of RFD (which I assume is what you mean by ‘LFG’) is making do with the random classes and skill levels you get in the group.

It fosters “community” when you take some time to explain how to do a dungeon, improving the gaming experience of others who want to try dungeon content in a safe environment, but need someone to help them learn.

The real problem with RFD seems to be people like you who want perfect runs with a controlled player group and class makeup, and who get upset at having to be patient with players who want to learn or having to adapt to new class combinations.

18 Likes

Ive stated from the rip that im neutral in this fight. Im gonna play prot/holy so either tool is fine with me

But one thing i will 100% agree on is the LFG tool a massive gatekeeping tool against non meta classes. Evidence if this is rampant in retail

But the only hope is people realize in wrath every class is viable. The gatekeeping doesnt have to happen. Thats up to the community.

8 Likes