RDF or no RDF - Same outcome, who cares?

For starters, I don’t care which side of the fence you’re on. I’ve been playing since 2004.
The tool they have in Wrath Classic right now is basically RDF. I list myself, go quest, and eventually get invited to a group. It’d be faster if I actively looked through the finder and whispered people, but either way it works as intended.

The net result, though, is the same as retail. I join a group, I try to interact with others, and 95% of the time no one responds. Just the classic “hi” at the start and the “gg” at the end.

What if I told you the social aspect has nothing to do with the type of dungeon finder tool we have, and has everything to do with the people and the type of gamer that exists in 2022?

That being said, put RDF in the game for all past expansion content for levels 1-70 so my alt can dungeon spam as a tank. Thank you.

20 Likes

This is what many folks on the pro RDF side have been stating all along. The social aspects without RDF would be the same with RDF in the game.

The majority of times in random pug dungeon runs the social aspects are saying hi and thanks when you get invited to a group. Then thanks and bye when the group has completed the dungeon. This is also done in RDF. Normally, you’d say hello to everyone in the group at the beginning. Then thanks and bye at the end.

The only differences is two people have to go to the dungeon stone to summon.

9 Likes

Important correction here: what you described doesn’t happen on small servers. RFD was cross-realm so you could find groups even if your server was a barren wasteland.

4 Likes

I lean to the no RDF side at this point just because so much of the pro RDF posts are annoying

8 Likes

Oh so there’s no difference, so you don’t really need it.

Wait, you’re still asking for it? Why?

5 Likes

Indeed it works as intended, sounds like -you- however are not using it as intended, as you plainly admit, and so sounds like more of a personal issue and not an issue that needs to be “resolved” by RDF

2 Likes

What I don’t understand is why Blizzard is so passionately opposed to letting players level alts “without leaving stormwind omg!!

Especially since the way Blizzard WANTS players to level is… eighty straight levels of solo-questing. With no Joyous Journeys.

How is that better than dungeoning from capital cities? Isn’t this a multi player game? Why is Blizzard so dead set against letting players more easily group and run content together?

4 Likes

I’m just glad to know that blizzard confirmed no RDF and that it isn’t up for discussion.

1 Like

when was this? would like to see where they confirmed it, as of 2 weeks ago in a pc gamer interview and an online streamer interviews with several of the usual suspects… they were further from never and rdf was back in the discussion.

Wrath Classic Feedback and Decisions - WoW Classic / Wrath of the Lich King Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

LFG Tools

We continue to iterate on the bulletin-board style Looking for Group tool, and we do not have plans to add the Random Dungeon Finder.

For players, this has probably been the hottest topic of discussion since our announcement, and we welcome all the continuing feedback on how to improve the tool and make it better. I know this will be disappointing news for some, but we want to settle this topic before launch so everyone knows what to expect and can plan accordingly.

2 Likes

look at the date, that was aug 8th it was posted, 2 months ago. their statements have changed since then… at least in the interviews.

Their stance has not changed, and it has been posted twice now by a blue that RDF is not up for discussion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Northrend normals are all past content now. Heroics pretty there too.

i like this approach better. its refreshing.

Yes. I would do RDF really for this reason.

1 Like

Their stance is also open feedback and will continue to listen to players on both sides. being “not up for discussion” is against what they supposedly stand for in their pillars.

EDIT: its also in that same forum post just to make note:

:slight_smile: Sorry no RDF. Good thing the LFG tool works better! Happy raid clearing!

1 Like

im just saying that there is always going to be an open line of feedback. I’m happy that RDF isn’t in the game at this moment. But sure if you want to assume that I’m for it that’s okay too :slight_smile:

I left grobbulus to go to old blanchy. Not only is old blanchy a smaller server, it also favors alliance.
I’m horde.

2 Likes

For level 70-80? Maybe if I am lucky or a tank/heal since not a lot of people use the tool on my server as for level 15-58 you could be in queue for 24 hours you won’t get invite as for 58-68 right now you’ll be lucky if you get invite after few hours.

Yep 100% but soon we’ll need 70-80 too, give it few months and nobody will be running heroics as for normal dungeon there will be nobody similar TBC zones right now.

1 Like

There was no personal issue in there though? My whole point in the part that you quoted was that if you want RDF, you can use it as a decent replacement. If you want to manually build groups and communicate, you can also do that.

I respect your position, but I think you misinterpreted what I said.