RDF Not Coming Confirmed

Bugs/glitches are different than intended changes. To my knowledge, there is no bug or glitch inside LFG; it’s just a terrible tool.

That’s true - it gives players choice. However, this doesn’t change if RDF is added back in. "But the path of least resistance, though! " It’s true - RDF will be the path of least resistance, it always has been, but that didn’t stop groups manually forming as many as they could before queueing up. Guilds, friends, even randoms did this. (DPS were more frequently looking than Tanks/Healers to avoid longer queue times)

What are you talking about? I think it’s stupid that they implemented the nerf because I enjoyed helping people and now SM groups are naturally screwed because of how the dungeons are levelled, but it’s not a big deal for me.

My point was that if I were purchasing boosts, I would be upset about the nerfs, not the removal of RDF. Come on, keep up.

What are you even talking about? It’s common knowledge that if Blizzard doesn’t implement caps or limits that the servers will be more likely to fall into faction-imbalance.

And dungeon finder in no way hinders your ability to manually form groups. Feel free to to make groups with all your buddies.

That’s sort of the central point of anti-RDF that you’re hand-waving here.

1 Like

I’m saying you sound like a nihilist with that attitude and why bother playing any of this.

Many of us said no LFD was a preferred way to play the game and still do since classic came out. Fact of the matter is it does not matter anymore. The servers are already screwed beyond repair and their idea as well as the communities idea of how classic should have been handled has long since been trashed.

I still remember us having no layers and most servers were 3-5k population. This idea of no RDF is the right one imho, but it hits differently now that the playerbase is used to the 30k population servers where they only know their own guildies. Now to players used to the mega server mentality not having RDF is a bad idea.

Honestly they should just not have it on the fresh servers and let the mega servers they let happen continue to burn like the dumpster fire they are. Give them the WoW token while they are at it. Gold is 7$ by the thousand at the moment anyway and they are busy banning BG afkers and letting botters/rmt flourish.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. You wish dungeon finder limited whom you could group with? If that was the case, the anti-lfd posters might have a point.

But the reality is it lets you group with anyone. You can manually form groups with your friends and guildies and even strangers. Dungeon finder doesn’t prevent any of that. So people saying ‘my community will be ruined’ makes no sense.

That’s a little excessive, considering I never said anything is meaningless, and I certainly didn’t bring religion into this. I said it’s bound to happen again, because history repeats itself when people govern themselves.

Many of us said no LFD in Classic or TBC Classic because it wasn’t there originally, and we wanted the game as it was back then.

We agree on something. I knew we’d find something!

I can appreciate the desire to be able to know players on your own realm, absolutely. However, when our Friends List is capped at what, 200, and our guild MIGHT have about 150 players, on a server like Pagle with 10,000 Alliance, that’s approximately me knowing only 3% of the population. Not to mention, the amount of alts running around, too.

In all honesty, I think WoW Classic needs an overhaul. Not in terms of content or tools, features, whatever. But in the team. This isn’t coming from “ZOMG, put RDF back in!” This is coming from the fact that most players can agree that Classic has not been handled well by the team, for one reason or another.

This is likely coming.

Honestly these tourists are terrifying to me. It feels like 2010 all over again. They’re gonna turn our servers we been playing since 2019 into casual Andy playgrounds

1 Like

No I’m specifically talking about when and if we hit WOTLK. The conversation was anti LFD predominantly.

I think RDF makes this issue even worse. I just also think its not very impactful at this point. I have been saying all along I would rather them not have RDF but at this point (that being the current state of the game they have mishandled) it doesnt really matter to me one way or the other.

Again I would still rather it just not be in the game though is my side point lol.

What I’m saying is the effort made to substantiate that point is far far greater than the effort you’ve made to dismiss it.

1 Like

I understand that completely. However, there’s no real basis for either side of the argument to come out ahead when we’re talking about Lich King and RDF and how many people actually want it and don’t want it. The fact is that barely anyone wanted it in Classic or TBC - that is a fact, and one that we can all agree on.

I can completely understand the idea of server community back in 2008 when our servers were generally capped at like 5,000 total. But today, with 10,000 and even 30,000-population servers, that community feeling isn’t there. With smaller servers, I could understand the community feeling being there, but at the end of the day, they don’t hold as much substance as the larger servers do (both literally and figuratively)

And that’s cool. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh, I agree. The ridiculous lapse of logic and irrational leaps of faith to try and prove dungeon finder limits and restricts the players you can group with is far more convoluted and complex than the simple, factual response of: “No it doesn’t.”

1 Like

I’m considering only the arguments that are logical to me, trying my best to ignore the noise such as the post you just responded to me with. You’ve provided little that resembles logic on this topic, and seem highly invested in continuing that trend.

You can say “no it doesn’t” to literally anything.

1 Like

Ok, let’s approach this from another angle. How does dungeon finder stop you from forming groups with your guildies and/or friends?

In 2019-2021 it was also like this. This change has only come about in TBC classic and is now a real issue going INTO wotlk.

Anyone remember the idea of no layers in classic? Now we cant even get a proper wintersgrasp we are going to get a watered down 40v40 battleground instead of the original 100+.

1 Like

This is what I’m responding to.

Which makes this moving the goalposts.

Honestly, I’m had a discussion with you before and I know you can be reasonable. I’m not really invested in making anti-RDF arguments given that I’m pro-RDF in reality.

Just pointing out what I consider ineffective logic. Consider it constructive feedback.

How is it moving goalposts? It’s the same thing.

I know what you’re saying, but it’s a bad argument. Spamming the LFG channel is not a social activity. Friendships are not born from ‘WTS dungeon run, gearscore x required. No scrub specs!!’

And dungeon finder doing away with that toxic gatekeeping is good for the game. Now players are free to just invite others and easily queue up and actually make friendships. That’s what convenience and accessibility does.

I’m guessing the second thing is what you meant.

The first is basically saying there’s no way anti-RDF posters can be impacted by RDFs inclusion. It’s pretty obviously false but if that’s not what you were really saying then no harm no foul, but you’re also not responding to what anti-RDF is really saying.

They understand manual group formation will continue in some form.

So then, they won’t be affected by its implementation…

They can still be affected even if manual group formation continues in some form.

If the ability to manually form groups continues, how are they negatively impacted?