RDF isn't coming to WotLK

Their reasons were lies. Authenticity? Server community? The importance of the world? Meanwhile…

‘Oh, please buy that 70 boost and skip a huge part of the game!’
‘We’re turning the only server world pvp into a cross-realm bg.’
‘Now you can queue for pvp with players on other servers.’
‘Here’s Retail’s lfg tool…only buggy and broken.’
‘We’re bringing in Mythic dungeons, because when people think of Wrath dungeons the first thing that comes to mind is how challenging they were and how they scaled as you got better gear!’

The list could go on and on. Nearly every other change Blizz has made to Wrath Classic is in direct opposition to why they claim to have removed RDF. They’re liars. That’s just a fact.

6 Likes

Same, I work afternoon shifts and am home around 20 when I have to make some food and stuff.

Makes it awkward to find groups.

1 Like

Ayep, all of which was invalidated by, yanno, the removal of RDF itself.

Cause suddenly it wasn’t authentic anymore.

2 Likes

Wasnt authentic
Wasnt familiar
Wasnt inclusive

1 Like

You can scream up and down on how RDF ruined the social dynamic of WoW and I would tell you right now in Classic that the social dynamic is just a fraction of what it was.

I have played since OG Vanilla and the social dynamic there is a night and day difference.

7 Likes

see i liked the changes to the cata old world leveling, i didn’t hate the old world leveling in wrath i think what made old world leveling in wrath was that we had talent trees and abilities that were looked behind such terrible structured talent trees. thats why i hated wrath leveling. sitting there autoattacking as a ret paladin because you have judgement what ever 10 seconds doesn’t feel good. being around 50 maybe 51 to get crusader strike is just such a bad feeling to level as ret. hell it is worse for protection. you have to invest 50 talent points to get hammer of the righteous 40 for avenger’s shield. maybe the play is to level as a healadin. dunno. but i can say this going into Cata leveling, it feel crisper cleaner faster. partly due to more BoAs available to you, but also because they provided abilities at a better pace.

I think they should have bit the bullet in every capital city to have a Chromie like character to give the option of having pre cataclysm leveling or current day leveling and switch between the two. i know why they opted to not do this. it doesn’t feel good they did this. but they did rip out a nice chunk of the fond members people had of that old world. but it should still be there. I will say this i did enjoy the cata leveling zones because the quests lead to an achievement telling me i completed said zone.

well there is something to be argued about this too. while not everyone was quitting i do believe the few that did quit were offset by new players. new players who played through 3.3 and whatever subsequent patch they had in ICC. they understood the dungeons. they understood difficulties. going into cata heroics for dungeons some of these bosses were legit painful to do because they were tank and healer fights at some point the third boss in blackrock caverns, karsh the steelbender. people still thought they had wrath level heroics. these were far more difficult. i knew too many who said f this i’m done. the fact BoT BWD and TotFW for some felt like such a step up in difficulty to what they remember from wrath. i didn’t see it that way. but there were enough who just peaced out. further more in this first tier, they had a lot of knee jerk reaction to over performing specs and like blizzard has always done, they went in and straight up hamstringed these specs badly. further more i think someone said a year of first tier of raids? wasn’t nearly that long but it was pretty bad. 6/28/2011 nearly over 6 months for firelands. what we got in between was 4.1 with ZA/ZG rereleases. and that didn’t feel good. it was a placating of blizz to the players. this should have come with firelands with much better gear than 351 ilvl gear. and Firelands was the highlight of raiding in cata. then we got disappointment 5 months and one day in the future with the hour of the twilight. i don’t need to say anymore. oh and only a short what 10 months later cata. gearing in cata was horrific.

How’s the RDF thing coming along? We still down into the childish antics or have people decided to have a conversation w/o all of the drama?

Somebody making a bad argument about how 26 gold from a Random dungeon is going to affect the economy and telling them they are exaggerating it isn’t childish antics.

6 Likes

you are not wrong. but there was some positives from this change as well. look at ret and prot paladins. they are virtually unplayable until you hit level 51. you get no concept of what that play style can be like until that level. giving access to some of these skills much earlier helped classes be a little easier and funnier to play. the 41 talent thing was kind of annoying but i understand the concept behind it.

yes you are. and you are a liar.

Savagery

I used to think Seinfeld was the best comedy on TV. but god damn this could give him a run for his money.

That was one of the turning points in my way of thinking. The playerbase is just not what it was. That’s a reality you have to accept. You can’t force players to be social.

And the lack of RDF actually promotes a toxic, elitist attitude. It’s also just a frustrating experience that simply getting to dungeons is a tedious waste of time. And the solution was staring them in the face. And that solution happens to be authentic to Wrath.

3 Likes

bro, i don’t want to be social because 95% of the people i meet in the dungeon if they aren’t already in my guild i won’t communicate with more than once.

It’s coming along.

Games dead no one doing low level dungeons most of the population is pure raid logging.

Blizzard products mirite?

4 Likes

They are still acting like children. Then again that likely has to do with the entitlement mindset of “i want it so i should have it, consequences dont matter”.

I mean, its already here, dozens of games have it. Just not wotlkc.

pot meet kettle.

1 Like

Are you looking in a mirror again?

You’re a con artist.

Probably why you cant get groups and need RDF.

I love how wanting an authentic Wrath is called entitlement.

:rofl:

4 Likes