RDF In Wrath Discussion

If by attacking, you mean when I call you out for making the following point that has nothing to do with RDF…

…well, block away lol. Certainly easier than trying to defend THAT. :wink:

Yea it was usually no more than 15 minutes and that is coming from someone who plays past midnight most of the time.

1 Like

You can copy paste my name to put me on ignore brotato. Doesn’t make anything Charax said any less true though.

We have a fraction of the player base that existed during original WotLK. Even with cross realm RDF would have hour long if not longer dps queues during peak hours.

Your dream of running a Scarlet Monastery on your alt would literally be a 5 hour queue into a group that has a 75% chance of falling apart as soon as the first person dies for whatever reason.

1 Like

The only thing that fixes is the PvP portion, which is a portion I’m not invested in, but I understand why people would be concerned.

You can do that with LFG as well. That’s not an RDF exclusive ability.

This only lets you take a team you’ve built outside of the system and use the function inherent in the RDF system (like the teleport and “instant queue”). If RDF is there, people will be less likely to form full teams outside of the system.

The entire point of LFG (and the removal of RDF) is to get people interacting at least on a basic level to form a full group again, like they did in Vanilla and TBC without issues.

Sure, but that’s because you have mega servers that are mostly one-sided. Blizzard should have done more to keep a balance, but they opted instead to “let the players handle it”.

RDF has more than LFG does though. Reasoning: RDF is just treated as a grind fest, no one has any interest in the other players at all because they are just there as a means to an end, and since you didn’t have to talk to them to get them in the group, you sure as heck won’t talk to them while the run is happening and will leave when you are done with your grind.

Dungeons are group events, they are meant to be completed by a group that was formed by the players, not an automated system. Think of old RPGs, where you would go to a town or an inn, meet the other players, and head off to a dungeon. RDF isn’t that, which is why it’s a bad system to use in an RPG.

“You disagree with me, therefore, it’s an attack.”

Yep, OP is a troll. Nothing to see here folks, just move along.

5 Likes

Repeat after me: slippery slope is a red herring.

1 Like

Looks at Retail

Looks back at littlerascal

1 Like

And everything wrong with retail is 100% the players and not some in game features. Blaming a game feature for bad behavior is lazy and ignorant. The players create the issues, not the tools.

4 Likes

Tools can enable players to act with more toxicity.

1 Like

Its the same scenario with LFG if your group is not fast enough most people will leave its pretty rare that a group stay for another run and people don’t talk much in chat either that’s the fact the rest is just hypothetical

the interesting thing here seem sthat both sides agree we dont want toxicity in the game, and we dont like ninja looting… some on both sides want a social experience and some on both sides agree that the tool in use (whether its rdf or LFG) isnt what makes or breaks the social experience.

it seems alot of us are arguing when we dont need to be, im glad this discussion is finally coming together.

If people can’t see how xrealm RDF breeds toxicity of a whole other level they’re either the ones perpetuating it or they’re willfully ignoring it.

3 Likes

Not only does it make actual dungeon groups happen while leveling, it makes it better for tanks/healers.

Do you want someone who leveled to endgame as dps, then switching to a tank/healer who has no experience with it? Or do you want someone to have 20-30+ levels of experience as tank/healer.

Without rdf, it’s ridiculous to quest as healer or tank compared to dps… 1k gold is too much to spend on the very rare off chance of a group forming.

It doesn’t have to give quests when you enter, (it didn’t originally), but it needs to happen. Grouping up while leveling is a giant part of wow, and rdf makes it happen far more, and much more easily.

1 Like

except, in all honesty, i never experienced any toxicity of that sort and i played from tbc through mop steady during the original. so i honestly can only say that i didnt see it, i wont say it didnt happen just that i never saw it in rdf. i had occasional ninja looters and a few of the DC folks, or the afk folks, but i dont remember anything like ive experienced while trying to use the LFG tool. but back then it was a far different community.

i would like it clear im not claiming it didnt happen, just that it never happened to me and those i ran with.

2 Likes

Bring back raid finder, solves people cutting in line with the current tool. Bring back cross realm raid listing, more raids available to play, old school and wrath. Increases player count. Getting turned off with waiting waiting and waiting to get a raid pug then it failing.

Yea, you don’t get to let your baby-rage out on us anymore for our amusement… I guess we do lose something as well.

1 Like

Without RDF I only raid log at this point and I certainly will not be working on any alts.

The topic isn’t toxic, its the comments like yours that make it so.
Inflaming the forums can only be achieved if people click into a post they don’t like to post a toxic response, instead of ignoring it.

No need for personal attack’s which this 100% was, and yet another toxic sentence.

Then why are you even here?.

Raid finder is a separate discussion and I am pretty certain that even those of us that want RFD are against LFR.

1 Like

Don’t be ridiculous.
Why must people put labels on others they disagree with instead of just you know having a discussion and disagreeing civilly, it amounts to no more than name calling, like they do in the school yard.

100% correct it had no place in classic wow, it was in Wrath and so 100% has a place in Classic Wrath.

You don’t have to come into them all to complain, it makes you no better than what you are complaining about lol.

2 Likes

Then they should have the option for everyone to enable or disable xrealm RDF when they go to use it.

Yep, I love RDF but I really don’t like LFR because trying to organize 10 - 25 pure pug players in a raid is like trying to heard cats, but I do support the LFG tool being cross realm so that dead servers can get raids together.

5 Likes