"RDF caused WoW to lose subs" argument

Where did they say the majority want it gone? Pretty sure Brian himself said that they feel enough people are ‘cheering’ that they made the right call.

How does that equate to the majority again?

Sure there is! It’s a terrible system and bad for the game. I’m not making you play the game. I’m not making you drive a mini-van. I’m not making you eat an apple for breakfast. I literally don’t know anything about you nor care about what you do.

Blizzard made a game…

Me:

• I think the game is awesome
  • I pay to play the awesome game they released

You:

• You don’t like what they made.
  • You pay to complain and do something you don’t like

An objective observer would find your position counter intuitive.

Perhaps you can tell us why it’s a terrible system and bad for the game in an objective way.

I don’t need to. They didn’t put it in the game and they have no plans to add it so I don’t need to justify my position. Blizzard already agrees with me. They would be my only target for argument but there is no argument to make. They already did the right thing.

Just sayin

1 Like

If you claim something is bad or whatever, usually, yes, you would defend your position with facts. It’s how debates work.

Judging by the lack of supporting evidence presented here, RDF is NOT bad for the game whatsoever.

3 Likes

The game was the most popular it has ever been (12 million subs) directly after RDF was introduced into the game. It maintained 12 million subs despite no new major patches for a year.

1 Like

Well that person is wrong.

Just saying.

1 Like

You misjudge the situation. A debate would be relevant during the decision making process. They already made the decision. It’s no longer a debate. They had enough information, even with all the noise for months on the forums, to stick to their convictions. I speculate their internal information confirms what we felt when it was released and they realize it was a terrible idea. This time, they’ve chosen to forgo the mistake. I think that’s awesome!

Debates happen all the time, regardless of if a decision is to be made or not. For example, debates in school, there’s no actual decision to be made, and students have little to influence on their actual topic.

And yet they can’t provide any sources, kind of like you.

Internally, the team is divided - some want it, some don’t.

Coincidentally after RDF was implemented, we saw a plateau of 12 million subscribers for what, a year?

1 Like

Agree

I’m being intentionally pedantic, not a jab.

1 Like

Sure! That’s why I said I “speculate”.

They probably don’t feel beholden to answering to you either?

So you admit that Blizzard has zero evidence to support their decision?

That is literally the dumbest thing you came up with to make it seem like wrath is a bad game for not having RDF. That’s actually farthest from the truth, a lack of RDF does not affect me in the slightest. I just find it to be extremely beneficial to how I play, just like how LFG affects you.

The fact that you think, for some reason, that I think the game is unplayable is just laughable. But I express my concerns for the FUTURE of wraths life cycle because we will see the same thing, the SAME THING involving arbitrary gatekeeping from players like you to keep fresh/alts out of heroics or raids because they lack achievements. To me, that’s not a good thing or design for the game.

1 Like

You have some work to do on comprehension.

When one speculates, they form an opinion without evidence.

You have inside info on Blizzard?

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/30615226/please-do-tell.jpg

So you admit RDF added nothing to the game?

Glad we agree.

And considering subs started dropping right after Cata launched, I’d say RDF didn’t have any effect on maintaining the player base either.

Kinda blows your whole argument out of the water there.

Brian literally admitted this.

Technically, we saw an INCREASE after it was implemented, the plateau refers to us not seeing a decrease AFTER it was implemented.

The first significant drop was midway through Cataclysm.

1 Like

That’s silly. I think wrath is a GREAT game for not having RDF

…but, you’re on the forums complaining about it. That is the definition of “affecting” you.

I’m not worried. The future will be fine just like it was the first time around.

I don’t have this concern. I’ll still enjoy the game.

You don’t know anything about me other than I like the game and I’m happy Blizzard left out RDF and isn’t going to add it.

You don’t need inside information. Brian Birmingham said on twitter that internally the classic dev team was divided on adding rdf, and that he made the final decision.