RCR - Tribunal

Because what they want is against the rules that Blizzard has for the game (and they have full rights to remove you for any reason and no you can’t sue) which you agreed to and agreed to follow.

1 Like

What if, you are in trade chat… and you say “Trump 2020”, and then someone right click reports you for racism… and then the moderator, who is some low-paid california democrat wage slave agrees that it is racism and suspends you.

The question is not punishment for violating terms, it’s who decides what violates the terms.

2 Likes

Not necessarily, and I believe that is the part of the point. If somebody is violating the rules, I am all for it, however, as has been demonstrated you can suffer consequences without breaking rules.

1 Like

Look at Chapter 10, Section B under Termination of the EULA

Blizzard doesn’t need a reason to terminate a players account if they so choose…

And if you didn’t break the rules you have the right to appeal and have it looked at again.
There is 0 cases of people ‘not breaking the rules’ that were punished and unable to appeal.

1 Like

By the time you get your appeal looked at and win, the damage is done.

Would you be ok with being arrested for a crime you didn’t commit, because “you can have your day in court”?

2 Likes

If you invested time into the game, and you sue them for banning you for a nonsensical reason, and you can make the argument that they stole from you as your character was the product of your labor, and the jury sides with you, they would be forced to restore it.

It’s really the same debate as whether or not twitter can ban you for “hate speech”.

It just hasn’t come to the supreme court yet. It will, eventually. Give it time.

It’s just our generations version of companies having children chimney sweeps, no laws around it have been made, or how at one point racial segregation was allowed because we haven’t had a civil rights movement. Our generation is internet/tech rights movement, though you don’t call it that because you are in it. In world war 2, people didn’t say “we are in world war 2”, they say “the war”

Yes as it shows our justice system works, Thousands are picked up and questioned daily that end up being 1000% innocent then released with a minor inconvenience (usually a few hours being interviewed) which is a better example. People are arrested daily on the chance they may be guilty and many are shown not to be.

I spent 5 hours being interviewed once due to someone close to me being (wrongly) accused of owning/ distributing etc. videos of children being exploited in ways that if it was true they would not have been someone close to me. They were arrested and let go when the truth (their record stills says was the subject of an unfounded investigation) came out.

Um, you don’t own the character or the account. It’s under Chapter 2: Blizzard’s Ownership.

1 Like

You completely ignored my point.

They say that, but it wouldn’t hold up in a court. You can make the argument that you own your labor, and thus you own your character.

It just hasn’t been challenged yet.

When your neighbor doesn’t like that new fence you put up and calls the police to say you are a murderer, you are fine with them arresting you because eventually they will look at the evidence and let you go. No complaining from you there, right?

Ok, I think this conversation has reached its logical conclusion, you are ok with false accusations taking up your time. Have a nice afternoon.

1 Like

It’s been 14 years. And the language hasn’t really changed. You figure someone in that time frame would contest that.

You might also read the section 11, Dispute Resolution.. You’ll never see a courtroom.

Completely
My edit after you already replied :

I spent 5 hours being interviewed once due to someone close to me being (wrongly) accused of owning/ distributing etc. videos of children being exploited in ways that if it was true they would not have been someone close to me. They were arrested and let go when the truth (their record stills says was the subject of an unfounded investigation) came out.

1 Like

It has, you just aren’t aware of it.

I can’t post links because forum won’t let me but just search:
“customer protection law wrongful ban video game”

Political discussions are never appropriate in public channels.

I disagree with your opinion.

1 Like

That’s why RP servers are better. Because your disagreement doesn’t matter, and there’s actual rules against bringing politics into General channels.

luckily for us that don’t want to see it, Blizzard agrees.

Where are the LEGAL documents to that affect? You link a bunch of 3rd party sites, and some of those are already suspect in my books.

A legal decisions are Public Domain. Where are the actual Court Rulings?

As for posting links. Type the URL and use the preformatted text option

Yes, leftists do love censorship.

2 Likes