RCR Abuse now coming to light

So…

Said person was using a spammy addon that was spamming chat.

Many people RCR’d them…

They were squelched… A GM then found the squelch warranted and turned it into a silence…

System working as intended. No abuse cited.

4 Likes

Maybe between 1-18. I was swimming in gear as soon as I could do Deadmines. The drop rate of greens in dungeons in the Classic Beta was extremely generous.

Yeah, his numbers are way off. Murder and non-negligent homicide rate in the US, which is one of the highest among developed nations, in 2016 was 5.3 per 100,000 people. So what he should have said is that murder isn’t a problem for 99.9947% of people.

2 Likes

Calling out rares isn’t spammy. Do you even play BfA?

2 Likes

no, calliing it out a couple of times is not spamming, however a dozen/ half dozen kind of is.

2 Likes

Blizzard thought so, hence the silences. They was even appealed and Blizzard upheld the silences.

4 Likes

This kind of implies all their decisions are good.

4 Likes

I don’t imply anything. Just stating the obvious. Where did I say all Blizzard decisions was good?

1 Like

The point is that RCR was irrelevant.

GMs looked at the reports and issued a punishment. This would have gone exactly the same whether they were reported through RCR or through tickets.

4 Likes

Except RCR is a disaster. One can scroll up and see that you can mass rcr someone just for disagreeing with you if you have enough buddies.

2 Likes

Except you have zero evidence, zero supporting facts, and failed completely at replying to the actual post made.

4 Likes

You don’t have evidence either other than saying RCR protects your feelz.

2 Likes

Ah, here comes the snark.

You do more damage to your case by making ad hominem attacks. If you have to make snarky attacks to push your case, your whole argument fails.

7 Likes

How many times have you personally witnessed the abuse of the RCR system in the last 12 years it’s been in the game?

1 Like

Given that I never actually said that, you’re right, I don’t have any evidence of that.

You seem to think I am someone you know, or have spoken to before. Let me disabuse you of that notion. My first post in the thread was the one you replied to (with a complete non sequitur).

You have then followed up with further irrelevancies, ignoring posts I made and implying ad hominem attacks.

I suggest that you actually read if you wish to have a discussion.

4 Likes

You’re the one trying to prove something (RCR is bad and people are being unfairly silenced). You’ve got to put together the actual evidence.

2 Likes

Hopefully you don’t say something someone else does not agree with, ever. In any conversation.

3 Likes

Actually, we do have evidence. It’s the very absence of its existence that is the evidence.

You are the one claiming it happens ALL the time so the burden is upon you to prove by actual evidence that it does happen. And you can’t. .The general forums cant. It’s because it’s not there.

Again. We have evidence that there is not a large scale abuse of the system in the lack of evidence. The move is on your side of the board now.

2 Likes

I say many things all the trolls on here disagree with, where are the mass reports against me?

I’m still here, no issues. I’m still in-game, no one has bothered to come report me. This “issue” is overblown and no amount of crying on the forums is going to get the system removed. You can stop trying now.

4 Likes

To be clear, the addon this is referencing, is also annoying as hell. Usually because a dozen or more people are all using it, and General gets a spam of 6-10 messages whenever a Rare dies, because the mods haven’t seen the other messages yet.

So there’s some justification for them getting a slap on the wrist for spamming.

2 Likes