RCR Abuse now coming to light

Having a rare tracking addon in Classic where it didn’t exist in Vanilla is not reflective of the true old school experience.

I’m aware that the support was there and that addons are optional. I fully expect to use them myself. If a rare tracking addon comes out for Classic, hell I’d probably use that too. But the point is, it’s not true Vanilla. If you’re allowed to accept non-Vanilla things, then so am I.

I look forward to RCR and the inevitable LFG addon.

Your experience will only be compromised if you use an addon in Classic that you didn’t use in Vanilla. Again, that is not something that requires Blizzard intervention. Someone using an addon (that doesn’t violate ToS) won’t adversely affect your gameplay.

:cactus:

2 Likes

You mean May 2007? After TBC was released? Yeah, it wasn’t in Vanilla.

2 Likes

Well %$&*! Yeah, kk, I wasn’t paying attention to that, yeah, TBC was Jan 2017 so after the original vanilla.

2007*

2 Likes

On that I agree with you. I expect plenty of non-Vanilla addons to come into the game, like rare tracking, LFG and more. I will probably use them. I don’t think having non-Vanilla features in the game is a bad thing, which is why I support RCR too.

think of someone petty

think of them:
not happy you got that special or needed kill/mob in the world
you getting the need role in a dungeon

then imagine them with friends or getting others to by lying about what you did…

2 Likes

That happened all the time in Vanilla. Why I was never keen on the idea of a “server blacklist”. Plenty of innocent people got hurt by it by those with more power and influence on the server.

I can think of a troll druid who frequently posts here and constantly stands on a soapbox…

3 Likes

i only have 80 posts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Whenever you do a RCR, it has a timestamp of when you used it and the GMs can use that timestamp to search to see if the claimed abuse is true.

4 Likes

Hitting ignore is one of the hardest things a person can do. The only thing harder is having to fill out a ticket if someone actually did something worthy of reporting

1 Like

In Vanilla, you’d kill over decent greens - such as Of the Bear for a Warrior.

Or Monkey gear for a hunter.

1 Like

So the… “You need to suffer what i’ve been though, otherwise nobody is having fun” Argument?

1 Like

Uh, no. I’m not arguing against having those addons in Classic. I even said as such.

1 Like

Ahh, my faults. :horse:

1 Like

I want my guildes in this AV so i’ll RCR to get m’y friends a spot. We dis it back in wotlk.

See the problem ?

1 Like

Think of them getting punished because everything you do in WoW is logged, and the GMs see the logs.

2 Likes

“I don’t like this person, so I’ll get all my guildies to flag this person.”

“omg this person said they like wow. Mass flag them.”

RCR is basically what the old downvote was on the forums, but in-game. For every “derr just don’t be incendiary in-game” there’s a person mass RCR’ed because of grudges.

3 Likes

Reddit, the MMORPG. To think that the same people who have been victimized by this terrible design philosophy countless times in their lives on other platforms can’t imagine it happening here.

1 Like