RCR Abuse now coming to light

Judging by how caustic the OP is to some people on these forums, I wouldn’t be surprised if they will be squelched in game at some point in the future. Some people just cannot help running their mouths.

6 Likes

Everyone who actually likes mmos knew RCR was a poopy feature a long time ago. Poop feature just like my toilet bowl

2 Likes

[quote=“Mathalt-emerald-dream, post:25, topic:239043, full:true”]
It was a great addon for the first two or three weeks but the spam is pretty bad when trying to do it now since it seems everyone and their mom is using the addon.[/QUOTE]

I’m not!

You’ve jinxed it! Nooooo!!!

1 Like

Lol

Realistically, rare density in Vanilla is nowhere near as crazy as Nazjatar or Mechagon where rares are spawning every 30 minutes in close proximity of each other.

And most rares in Vanilla aren’t even worth killing because most of them drop greens or sometimes nothing at all - Just mostly bragging rights or a cool pet to tame.

I’ll never like RCR after my previous name was auto flagged 3 times by immature, resentful players. Each time a GM had to remove my day’s suspension for an inappropriate name that wasn’t inappropriate. By the third time I just gave up and chose a new name.

It’s often used inappropriately.

2 Likes

I imagine so -

“I got a Glasgow you can kiss.”

The WoW community is one of the most thin skinned breeds of people. It’s sad and funny

2 Likes

Well then, seems like there’s an easy solution: Stop using the addon.

What’s the problem, exactly?

4 Likes

Yes, I know this generation is extremely overly sensitive and hates hearing the truth. We have an entire majority population in the world who gets extremely angry when their illusions get destroyed by the truth.

Some of us just have the courage to say it despite outraged opposition. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That has been proven right here in this very thread. Look at the emotional responses and use of sensitive buzzwords like “caustic” LOL.

3 Likes

People will go out of their way to make a problem out of something that isn’t. The weird thing is these people are the ones claiming someone else is being toxic while their behaviour is more toxic than most

People go out of there way to put their heads in the sand and deny a problem that is glaringly obvious. And that is pure trolling.

2 Likes

Edit: had to better elaborate on what i’m asking.
Can you link me proof of this that being silenced disallowed you from enchanting? Cause i find this claim hard to believe. And don’t tell me to “Just Google it”. If your going to make a Claim, you got to be ready to back it up.

Also to answer your question, i don’t see the problem, but i won’t deny there is a problem if you provide more information then just a thread, maybe statistics or etc.

I don’t approve people abusing (or use, fine) Right Click Report to get rid of people cause they don’t like them for petty and sometimes no reason at all and much rather they use it for actual actionable violations.

Pretty simple isn’t it? A person values something enough to deal with the possibility of there being repercussions and is okay with it. Even when you flagrantly take it to the extreme, it still applies. Take a look at firefighters, cops, military. That’s why we often refer to these as noble professions. If this dude isn’t willing to deal with the possibility of being squelched he needs to question how noble his cause is.

RCR is fine. Enough with the pearl clutching alarmist fear mongering spam by a small handful of accounts.

Oh the irony. Thick it is.

5 Likes

Aye Twiinkedd!

To be honest, I don’t see the issue yet. I feel Blizzard will keep a close eye since chat is significantly more crucial to Classic.

Of course if it’s abused, I’m sure they will adjust it. In the meantime since this was a heavy discussed topic when it was taken away during the beta, I’m sure they’ve already tweaked it and will monitor it when August 27 rolls around.

You want proof there are no vellums in classic? Or did some of your quote get cut off? The ONLY way to sell enchants is to advertise in trade and meet with the player in person to enchant their gear.

You can get reported and silenced just because someone thinks you advertised too many times or you are their competition. There is no disputing this fact.

And just in time. Here is one of the alts of a banned troll chiming in. I could not have times it better if I planned it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

No, i want proof that being silenced disallows you from disenchanting.

I’l apologize for not elaborating on what i asked in my comment.

Can you also Back up that fact with Proof? Statistics or etc?

I rarely ever saw any RCR abuse during my time playing between 2004 - 2008.

This sounds more like an issue with some silly addon that spam broadcasts and players get tired of it.

Also from what I have read is this is a Retail issue, and if certain addons are allowed to carry over to Classic, I see no reason why players wouldn’t get reported again for using it due to the spam messages.

I think Blizz will watch certain things that create spam, and decide at some point how to best deal with it.

I am sure their plate is overflowing with spam chat issues all day long, not to mention gold sellers and their ever increasing creative ways to send PM’s that bypass certain filters.

If you are using certain addons that broadcast, my only suggestion would be to not use them, or be aware that you are responsible for it’s use and if you happen to get squelched for a time, well that is 100% on you and not the community.

2 Likes

You can get silenced for ANYTHING.

3 Likes