Rated Solo Shuffle Update

yep, blue bg/world pvp set into glad set, no upgrades for pvp, only pve

i shouldve probably read more on this stuff i guess.

are there any alternative dumps for honor/conq?

pve item lvl for honor dump and im guessing later conq boxes for alts as usual

If I’m not mistaken doesn’t DF have scaling for rated PvP? But even not you’re assumption is based on it being far easier to get the associated rating in Solo Shuffle which we’d have to wait and see how that pans out. Even still most people playing at that level would be using the same gearing path so beyond the start of the season I don’t see how it matters. Not that gearing had anything to do with what I had said about meaningful rewards being added to different brackets.

yeah, i went back and reread my reply. turns out im not a smart man. im getting old and tired, so ill try to get us back on target

honestly, the new bracket doesnt even need much else different aside from titles and mounts. all 3 brackets shoudl have their own top tier rewards, not just 3s. solo is at least part way there with the custom title.

they give us new shiny things, but then minimize us for playing it. its convenient, so itll be popular, but i fear it may foster more elitist attitudes and toxicity

2 Likes

Yeah I’m in agreement here, hopefully they’ll be open to doing this in the future. I think giving a bit more care and attention to this area of the game would be a great thing for the pvp community as a whole.

1 Like
  1. Change the r1 title

2. Make leavers lose max points and have account wide debuff, 30 mins first leave, stacking. calculate points for everyone else on played rounds with same formula as end of 6/6

3. Make r1 spec account wide, so the same ladder players don’t take all the spots with their 10 alts like they do now.

4. Glad “lost its meaning” when it was changed to 50 wins above 2400, think its ok to add it to solo, maybe 100 wins or something a bit harder in solo.

5. Bring back 2400 enchants, all the 2100 SL enchants are trash, and the 2.4 tabards are as well

4 Likes

There’s a lot of problems with solo shuffle as it stands.
Firstly I’ve seen with my own eyes matches where people go 3-3 4-2 or 5-1 and either get 0 points or lose points.
This means that for the system to work there has to be a strict range that of CR /MMR that matchmaking uses.

Blizzard is saying, “Hey more people will be playing on live you’re not going to to have as much as a difference between people’s ratings don’t worry about it,” but here’s why we should be concerned.

Higher Rating, less people, shenanigans

As people climb higher and higher to get w.e goal it is they’re working for. The amount of the people they’re going to be able to que into is going to drastically diminish. Once a player gets in the range especially for .1 % titles you’re going to be seeing a bunch of people who know each other. It’s not going to be hard to que up as healer dps duo at 4 am at 2200+ and get put in a match with your similarly rated friend who youre in a discord with.

This realistically is an unmoderatable bracket. There is no guarantee or law of physics that says people play consistently, unless you’re taking an average from the extrapolation of thousands of matches. You simply have no way of taking any action against people who are going to throw matches to help out a friend or sabotage rating gain to make sure you don’t pass them, their main, or the friends’ characters CR. This has the potential to be a toxic bracket if you’re actually interested in pushing peak rating. Thankfully I am not one of those people.

Leavers and Boosters

Now, we get to leavers, again leaving voids all match results
 Losing CR and getting a waiting debuff doesn’t mean anything. If I’m not pushing for .1% title why do I care about my CR?

Gear is equalized and even scaled, I don’t need get higher rating for anything. If this is my alt that I’m using to sabotage people trying to pass my main’s CR why would I care if I lose CR if I can void the wins and prevent them from climbing.

Take that information and couple it with what we know about the “WoW Community” you’re now looking at a highly social networked group of people that have historically found ways to implement various forms of coordinated gate keeping to drive profit for 3rd party businesses.

If people can sell multiple glad carries and r1 carries, I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be hard to coordinate and use que sniping websites to keep people from passing their customers. “Pay your dues kid or you’re getting griefed.”

Now not every AFKer is going to be some booster with malicious intent trying to rig the system for a couple bucks. That means you can’t make an insane punishment system.

What if I’m in a match that’s clearly being boosted and I want to AFK to prevent them from getting points from me, should I have to eat some insane penalty because the bracket has a psuedo competitive format? What If the house is on fire? What if I just had taco bell and am out of adult diapers?

Half baked suggestion

I don’t know that there’s anything they can do that will completely fix these problems. At best they’ll put a massive MMR loss on AFKing to slow down boosters from being able to get back into the same matches with those people. However I think it’s just inevitable that if people set out to monetize this bracket their organization will have an extensive list of characters at different CRs, across multiple accounts that they’ll be hopping between.

While a substantial MMR loss does reduce the rate at which they would be able to take advantage of voiding wins or losses, it doesn’t stop anything about a group of people at high mmr just wintrading at low traffic times. All they have to do is make sure the person gains points at the end and by spreading out the losses not only will it be harder to detect as wintrading they’ll stay in the same MMR range for longer.

If you’re wondering why there’s no RSS Glad mount, maybe without a “Glad” equivalent mount reward for the bracket Blizzard is hoping to lessen the incentive for the boosting businesses to become extensively involved with the bracket. It’s likely scaling and the equalized pvp ilv without rating requirements will reduce boost buyers for people who just wanted the ilv.

There’s a lot of problems with solo shuffle as it stands.
Firstly I’ve seen with my own eyes matches where people go 3-3 4-2 or 5-1 and either get 0 points or lose points.
This means that for the system to work there has to be a strict range that of CR /MMR that matchmaking uses.

Blizzard is saying, “Hey more people will be playing on live you’re not going to to have as much as a difference between people’s ratings don’t worry about it,” but here’s why we should be concerned.

Higher Rating, less people, shenanigans

As people climb higher and higher to get w.e goal it is they’re working for. The amount of the people they’re going to be able to que into is going to drastically diminish. Once a player gets in the range especially for .1 % titles you’re going to be seeing a bunch of people who know each other. It’s not going to be hard to que up as healer dps duo at 4 am at 2200+ and get put in a match with your similarly rated friend who youre in a discord with.

This realistically is an unmoderatable bracket. There is no guarantee or law of physics that says people play consistently, unless you’re taking an average from the extrapolation of thousands of matches. You simply have no way of taking any action against people who are going to throw matches to help out a friend or sabotage rating gain to make sure you don’t pass them, their main, or the friends’ characters CR. This has the potential to be a toxic bracket if you’re actually interested in pushing peak rating. Thankfully I am not one of those people.

Leavers and Boosters

Now, we get to leavers, again leaving voids all match results
 Losing CR and getting a waiting debuff doesn’t mean anything. If I’m not pushing for .1% title why do I care about my CR?

Gear is equalized and even scaled, I don’t need get higher rating for anything. If this is my alt that I’m using to sabotage people trying to pass my main’s CR why would I care if I lose CR if I can void the wins and prevent them from climbing.

Take that information and couple it with what we know about the “WoW Community” you’re now looking at a highly social networked group of people that have historically found ways to implement various forms of coordinated gate keeping to drive profit for 3rd party businesses.

If people can sell multiple glad carries and r1 carries, I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be hard to coordinate and use que sniping websites to keep people from passing their customers. “Pay your dues kid or you’re getting griefed.”

Now not every AFKer is going to be some booster with maliciious intent trying to rig the system for a couple bucks. That means you can’t make an insane punishment system.

What if I’m in a match that’s clearly being boosted and I want to AFK to prevent them from getting points from me, should I have to eat some insane penalty because the bracket has a pseudo competitive format? What If the house is on fire? What if I just had taco bell and am out of adult diapers?

Half baked suggestion

I don’t know that there’s anything they can do that will completely fix these problems. At best they’ll put a massive MMR loss on AFKing to slow down boosters from being able to get back into the same matches with those people. However like I think it’s just inevitable that if people set out to monetize this bracket their organization will have an extensive list of characters at different CRs, across multiple accounts that they’ll be hopping between.

While a substantial MMR loss does reduce the rate at which they would be able to take advantage of voiding wins or losses, it doesn’t stop anything about a group of people at high mmr just wintrading at low traffic times. All they have to do is make sure the person gains points at the end and by spreading out the losses not only will it be harder to detect as wintrading they’ll stay in the same MMR range for longer.

If you’re wondering why there’s no RSS Glad mount, maybe without a “Glad” equivalent mount reward for the bracket Blizzard is hoping to lessen the incentive for the boosting communities to become extensively involved with the bracket. It’s likely scaling and the equalized pvp ilv without rating requirements will reduce boost buyers for people who just wanted the ilv.

P.S. Forgot that tanks get separated into their own brackets based on their spec, so prot warriors will fight other prot warriors. Imagine how easy it would be to do boost for tanks at high mmr when they have a segmented more restricted matchmaking system.
Can’t have a 1v1 bracket though because it wouldn’t be balanced. Please ignore this 3s bracket that has been split up because we felt it couldn’t be balanced.

1 Like

You leave a shuffle early and you get counted as 6 losses and a 15 minute account wide deserter debuff that ramps on multiple offenses should be more than enough of a deterrent to discourage quitting early.

3 Likes

What makes you think casual players are going to “feed mmr” in a bracket where they know they can’t get glad anyway? They’ll be playing solo shuffle where they don’t sit lfg for forty minutes to play two games be4 their team rage quits. The last two seasons of 3v3 have been dead anyway and rated soloq wasn’t in the game yet. Literally every posting on lfg is “1800cr 2700exp mglad - be similar exp”. The only way 3v3 ladder gets super active again is if blizz makes pvp awesome, and anybody who has observed anything on the beta knows that’s not happening any time soon.

2 Likes

I consider that the rated solo shuffle should have some reward for 2400 MMR, either gladiator or something similar, since otherwise this would take away a lot of value from the game mode. at the end of all it is very similar to 3v3 why not get these same rewards in rated solo shuffle?

2 Likes

regarding players leaving games. I consider that they should be penalized with a loss of rating. People on the beta are leaving every single time they are losing to save their rating. I consider that to be very negative since it would freeze the MMR.

3 Likes

If there are no “REAL” consequences for leaving. It will be abused. Heck, it is incentivized with the current proposal. Players would rather wait an hour from having deserter than to lose the points they just played an hour to grind from winning.

If you leave a game you should lose points as if you had lost. It’s that simple.

I understand people’s gripe with the glad mount/title, but I do think the genuine encompassing fix is adding a different mount reward. Blizzard loves reskinning / recoloring models, just make a different color of that season’s mount. Easy fix again.

Solo Q has the greatest potential for a long lasting PvP addition in a decade. If you want success, just cater to the community who sees the glaring issues. We simply want our time invested to be rewarded.

5 Likes

Agreed. If leavers don’t lose rating people will leave every match. Why would anyone stay if they’re going to lose rating when alt+f4 guarantees no loss?

2 Likes

the greatest change of all time.

1 Like

The lack of unique 2400 rewards from solo shuffle is quite disappointing, a reward equivalent of Gladiator (Title and mount) would be a great incentive for participation. For instance the gladiator equivalent could be Soloist as Crimson Soloist is the equivalent of r1. 1/2

The mount could be a slight variation of the Gladiator version. Having significant rewards for Solo Shuffle is going to be vital for participation.

3 Likes

Devs, we need an answer here please, leavers get rating loss equal to a 0-6 match, just say that and is all fixed

2 Likes

its just the first season that theyre testing. they mentioned how solo shuffle brawl was the start, so theyre most likely doing it in stages.

The funny thing is that 3s is literally the easiest bracket to get 2400. I’m gonna guess that like 2s solo shuffle will probably harder to get 2400 than 3s is currently. I don’t think there needs to be a “harder” version of it as it’ll already be more challenging than it’s current variant.