Rated Solo Shuffle Update

It would kill 3v3 if they did that, you can’t allow the bottom to fall out of the ladder. You need the casual 1500 players to feed mmr and so on up the entire ladder, if they never step into 3v3 because of solo q, you end up with r1’s at 1600 and then it becomes a dead bracket, incentive needs to stay and if anything they need even more to get the casuals to q, like a ground mount at 2k.
Just look at Wrath games 2k+ its all multi r1, it would be that but even worse.

2 Likes

Ok try to follow me here, what happens when players leave arenas? they lose rating … sooo what would happen if you leave 6 arenas in a row? … please is so easy, just answer that and you will have your “punishment”… ok I’ll do it, if you leave 6 arenas in a row you should lose a Looooooot of rating and the ones that did not leave should gain rating accordingly (at least for the rounds they did play)

3 Likes

the punishment for leaving a match should be both deserter and a full rating loss. deserter should also be account wide.

16 Likes

Solo Q will have an R1 title for the top 0.01% of every spec, I want to see something for between duelist and that title, but While I’m okay with it being glad, I’m not sure it’s a good fit. As another poster said, if solo Q got glad, 3v3 rated would die. Solo Q should have a reward between R1 and duelist that goes without saying and a dragon mod or something I believe fills that.

2 Likes

overlapping rewards but unique r1 titles would keep flair where it’s needed

3 Likes

agreed, it should be no different than ladder play, you lose the match and lose rating

1 Like

I don’t think it would die, it might have less representation but the people that want to queue with their friends and push rating would still exist. Most people would probably just queue Rated Shuffle when their friends weren’t online - it really just depends how easy it is to rank up in Rated Shuffle vs regular 3v3.

I should add, it would probably kill LFG 3s significantly… and people might not branch out to try to make new friends. That’s a fair issue to address, but you would be able to see how good people play in Rated Shuffle and potentially find friends - better than going in blind on LFG

2 Likes

With rewards and ratings being spec specific, people could look more to how they are as (whatever spec they are) rather than just going for the # that gives them whatever current CR goal they have set, the MMR / rating is already different, the rewards should overlap other than the r1 titles imo

This last part you just added about lfg, that’s huge, honestly and this isn’t jokingly said, if solo Q got glad they would have to lower the rating requirement for glad, because not only are you taking a section of players out of 3v3, your also deflating the ladder. 2400-2600 might start looking like R1 range and also you’d do this to make it more obtainable by under performing solo Q specs. Ic it as something that has to have way more thought put into it than just “oh that should be there cause I wanna solo Q for glad instead of lfg”

2 Likes

The flip side of that is it could motivate people to queue actual 3s more with friends/new friends as the stigma of queuing is reduced with a larger influx of players that have learnt from shuffle. While it may take them years to get Duelist/Glad/Elite ranges, would be interesting to see if participation goes up in arenas overall

3 Likes

No, please no. It doesn’t need it. If you want glad, go earn it by forming a team.

I’m all for Blizz’s changes, with the exception of only deserter as a leaver penalty.

2 Likes

Great changes!

My only suggestion is to add a rating loss, even minor, as an additional leaver penalty. Maybe not for the first offense, but for every offense following for the entirety of the season.

Leavers need to lose rating and the rest need some proportionate rating change.

I understand emergencies happen and power outages, but you know as much as the rest of us that people suck.

If you don’t want to make leavers lose rating, then you gotta do harsh deserter debuffs. Account wide for one. Resets on the weekly reset.

4 Likes

I feel like if they’re able to type /afk they get a larger penalty vs a network disconnect / power loss - if they have more than x number in a day it should be treated as suspicious and addressed with harsher penalties.

9 Likes

this guy cares about educating the youth of today on how to yank a cat5 cable or kick a power strip. i like it

4 Likes

Showing my age for sure

1 Like

i dont think many people are going to learn 3v3 regular Q from solo q, meta comps/set up/etc are out the window in most solo Q games and dampening kicks in early which affects all classes differently. also ic the toxic element where youll have someone who plays a one shot class, dominates solo q in uncoordinated games, than goes into 3v3 and rages at teammates cause he is conditioned that he should win for just doing his one shot macro, and thus it must be bad partners cause they are lower rated in solo Q.

disagree with this, regular arena you leave, you lose rating, you DC you lose rating, solo Q cannot be any different. As i said earlier if im a game away from duelist and am going 2-4 or 0-6 theres no reason for me to not just pull my internet out under your rules and if i have to do this 4-5 times throughout the week to keep rating around key points, why not. no ones mad at the game when they dc and lose rating (outside of MC bug), you just say F*** and Q up again.

Nobody is saying that there shouldn’t be a point loss on leave - I think everyone is on the same page there which is why I’m not talking about it. My post above is more to capture that there are real reasons for disconnecting and people shouldn’t be immediately put on a 1hr account wide deserter debuff etc… Still lose the points as normal and move on, but not be punished like a blanket rule.

The title should be Soldier of Fortune.

1 Like

no don’t actually do this rofl

keep glad mount in 3s blizz ty

1 Like