Rated Solo Shuffle Update

Thank you so much, love you all. Best addition to the game since Transmog.

1 Like

I think it’s fine if it does have a much higher conquest payout. It’s quicker because you get 6 games and don’t have to wait for a partner. People who choose to queue shouldn’t be punished because they didn’t want to sit around in LFG all day

2 Likes

Great change. So when we going to fix Raid Frames in Shuffle. Until this is fixed many people will refuse to Q.

ty for the updates!

with rated solo shuffle aren’t we supposed to be able to earn credit towards the seasonal pvp mount? if so currently ranked solo shuffle isn’t contributing to the bar for the seasonal pvp mount, even when above 1000 rating

3 Likes

It doesn’t upgrade gear, doesn’t count towards the weekly, nor does it count towards the vault, which is weird because it’s considered rated arena. I do feel the weekly and vault part is working as intended though.

2 Likes

Is solo shuffle conquest what it is intended? I won 4 of 6 games in my first set of the day and got 70 conquest… which is less than a single win in 2s lol.

amazing tyvm =D , I still feel that the non leavers should earn the point they deserve for their matches played, in sign of respect for the time invested on them, but we are going in a really good direction here, ty again :heart:

Higher penalties and/or account bans needed for leavers. Already seeing toxic players such as “Genzzsp-Tichondrius” ruining for others.

Please fix the raid frames in solo shuffle. I refuse to heal until its fixed.

if they’ve earned wins they should be given those wins, or you’re leaving the door open for griefing people you hate when you see they’re up a few rounds.

1. let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks let us choose not to play with tanks
  2. let us choose not to play with tanks

it is not believable that you have failed to gather this feedback. please respond to it directly and in good faith.

5 Likes

Man the tank matches are gonna be crazy…just pop all cds in opener zerg fests.

The huge imbalance is when there is a prot paladin vs basically any other tank.

Prots have actually been viable in 3v3 with their ability to heal and use immunities on teammates. If theyre up against an enemy tank that is a prot warror for example its an easy 6-0. Against any other tank really the prot paladin should be winning easily.

Logged in today to get some solo queue games in and my expierence was not what I expeceted. I was only able to play 4 mathes in 3 hours. 3 of the four matches ended with me recieveing no rating change becase a player abandoned the match. I can’t help but feel like my time was wasted. There needs to be a stiffer penalty for people leaving matches before they end! I hope a blue poster sees this post and others like it and act on this feedback. thanks

1 Like

Prot paladins only queue into other prot paladins. The rest of the tanks queue into each other. There are three distinct pseudobrackets because of this. Healer shuffle, prot paladin shuffle, the rest of the tanks shuffle. Separating prot pal from the rest of the tanks was explained in a blue post when the brawl was introduced mid-SL.

1 Like

Please place a minimum ilvl on match entry. There is no reason to allow people who are fresh 60s into rated solo q when unrated solo q exists for gearing. When one person comes into the match that’s obscenely low geared or low hp the whole match is a complete waste of time, and it throws off the mmr & cr for the other players who are getting a FREE (unearned) 6-0.

I think giving the opt out is another valid option. Would be better than what we have now.

My only concern at that point is the impact on the existing tank shuffle brackets for the people who opt in. They’re still going to be effectively wintrading against each other outside of the main meta. Prot paladins will still know that they’re queuing into another prot paladin and 4 dps every match. The other tanks will still know that they’re queueing into no healer/tank matches every time. It just feels like something that can/will be easily cheesed as long as the sub brackets exist.

1 Like

I think the only problem, after this update, will be that the other players will still be losing their Conquest rewards and rating rewards.

I suggest that if someone leaves, perhaps the remaining players are still awarded Conquest and rating based on the number of rounds that played out? Give rewards proportionate to the rounds played, such as a 5 round game rewarding 80% of the Honor/Conquest for the total game, a 4 round game gives 60%, 3 rounds gives 40%, etc.

Or perhaps when players are victims of a leaver, they get a 30 minute “Anti-Deserter” buff/debuff that allows them to queue with high priority back into Solo Shuffle. This would be a good solution, I feel, and I’m sure most of the PvP community partaking in Solo Shuffle would feel much better about their game being ruined if they got to hop right back in.

A “Minimum PvP item level” similar to being able to queue for LFR or LFG, yes. In Dragonflight, all PvP gear automatically scales to maximum PvP item level without upgrading it (and upgrades increase the PvE item level), so as long as a player has at least…75% of the maximum possible PvP item level? 80%? I’m sure Blizzard could make a decent determination.

1 Like

Something else that I feel is underconsidered is the fact that games end on the first death. You can sort of make sense of this in the case of healer shuffle if you’re covering edge cases of long games and the impact that has on queues. I.e., if an average match is 5 minutes in a dampening meta, one round of shuffle is a 30 minute commitment from the moment you queue in. Calling games after first death prevents griefing and speeds things up.

However, I feel like this rule really compounds how irritating tank shuffle matches are. Counterkills and comebacks are way more possible with no healer matches. That situation kind of compounds how much more variable the specs are with no healers vs with healers imo. Just another reason why the sub-bracket situation is just worse than normal arena format and one pool.

Deserter 1 hour +6 loss +reset players keybinds/bars

6 Likes

We can’t upgade our gear even with ratings outside of Solo, yet this was the plan for Post Season 4.

3 Likes