Ranged Survival talent in Dragonflight

No. Being melee is a source for all of the problems. You think that it’s because they just haven’t doubled down on being melee. That’s incorrect. Legion was the state of the spec where it doubled down on the melee and it was the biggest disaster of them all. The only way to fix SV is to make it ranged.

7 Likes

Agree, the fact that the hunter class tree is pretty much divided in BM pet dmg on the left and MM ranged button bloat on the right really shows how little extra fantasy they have for hunter.

I will always dream of them reworking MM to take insperation from old hunter but i think its very clear that they arent willing to do that, i jusy hope theyvare able to make something i enjoy, really miss enjoying my hunter after playibg it for so many years

1 Like

Bepples I am pretty sure anyone who have ever heard the word WoW knows your stand on this. You are one of the very specific persons I hint at with “accept that it won’t go back to RSV, even if we think it’s a bad call”.

I am even afraid that the incessant arguing about RSV/MSV is what have driven Blizzard into this terrible state of “hybrid” SV we are in now. All because they try to listen to feedback. For example, just because I don’t like the Zoo-keeper style of BM you don’t hear me advocating constantly about them having to revert it to the older pet focused BM right?

3 Likes

Yeah this sums it up quite well. It truly is Weak-sauce pet interactions and BM stuff to the left and then a bunch of MM/ranged stuff to the right. And then we have the worst damn covenant ability in the middle to muddle up the water. Just not a well done tree.

1 Like

“Survival is cooler when it’s handicapped” is all I’m reading here.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: then you don’t know to read

1 Like

Hunters are cool because they use ranged weapons like no one else does. What about being unable to do the cool and unique thing the rest of the class does is “cool”? There are already tons of specs that do melee weapons way better than Survival.

5 Likes

Yes but other specs can’t have beast companion. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Srry other classes

Correct, the melee pet class uses undead, not beasts.

3 Likes

So? We already have BM for that. This class doesn’t need “melee BM” and “ranged BM” as different specs. Just have a melee option within BM.

6 Likes

BM is about sending your pets and you hide behind a pillar that’s not true “one with the pet” :rofl::rofl::rofl: come on man use your brain

Does the new RANGER talent mean all the affected abilities can now be used without a bow? like Steady shot and such?

I think steady shot and barrage will require a ranged weapon, all the other shots you would use your mini-xbow.

That is generally how it is now…
We cannot use a range weapon for any other abilities and it can’t be switched in combat.

I have NEVER seen a survival hunter use steady shot, despite the fact we actually have it now, because they would be locked out of every other ability for the encounter.

I’ve flipped around. I thought there was a glimmer of hope of recreating RSV within one of the other specs, but all the Dragonflight info has made things clear. Dragonflight Class design will not allow MSV and MM/BM to co-exist. They cannot add anything of Survival’s melee identity to the class tree because the other specs are fundamentally opposed to melee abilities. There is no room for a hybrid melee/ranged identity in a class, that concept died when they pruned the ranged weapon slot.
If Blizzard continues to be stubborn, then not merely Survival but the entire class will suffer.

5 Likes

hunter talent tree just seems like a huge lack of effort or awareness. look at the shaman tree where resto and ele can pick melee talents and enhance can take lava burst for some reason, yet hunters are still stuck in 2016 legion spec fantasy that nobody asked for.

11 Likes

I feel they added the blue post just for beps, oh well, better luck next expac.

Garbo. Period.

They are just confusing players to the nature of the spec. Not to mention its taking valuable time away from really fixing the spec. In addition, it just makes the spec a laughable meme spec. No one in their right minds is going to take that talent to push good dps. Its going to sit there and never be used except for those fanbois going “i get tk be ReXxAr derrrr de derrrr.” Im guessing some 1% streamer likes to rp or whatever its called nowdays.

3 Likes

You can indeed weapon swap while in combat. You will trigger a gcd, however. Out of combat, no gcd. I use macros for this. And I have used Steady Shot in situations where the pet is dead or can not path to target, I’m out of focus, and all non-focus using abilities are on CD. Otherwise, when I’m swapping to range, it’s to use Arcane Shot.

hunter really feels like a dead-end designwise

only 5-6 dps gcds and if you want more then you’ll have to eat the loss of a very powerful passive talent