Random Dungeon Finder

Just make it an even $100 blizzard, they don’t care. Might as well pad those pockets. Charging prices like that for a game you ignore on the regular…lol.

This why we get unfished and pay to win products…peeps don’t mind getting ripped off. Customers keep making that bed to lay in.

1 Like

No such thing as pay 2 win in wow.

Idk how many times this had to be said.

And wrath is a reboot.

Nothing can be won that wasn’t won…over a decade ago lol.

Okay…speed run times. Since between youtube, pservers or any converts from mythic…these raids aren’t exactly new.

I hope they change their stance on it eventually but they have stated they won’t add RDF into Classic.

Kinda sucks because I prefer classic over retail in regards to playstyle and nostalgia, however, after returning from a hiatus from WoW; I’ve struggled to stay engaged since the Group Finder system has been a letdown. I enjoy just farming H++ dungeons but my experience has been challenging to find consistent groups to play the content.

Seldom do people read my note on the GF, get instantly denied when applying to join a group, try whispering lead with GS and requesting an invite but get no response back.

Not that I don’t occasionally get lucky and get invited to a group but overall, I just find myself logging in and running laps around Dalaran until I’m bored and go back to YouTube surfing or playing Overwatch / FFXIV.

6 Likes

Running the ICC dungeons without RDF will be a nightmare. Those who want to raid are, I don’t think we should hold back/

3 Likes

Which is a super hypocritical position in wrath classic as at this point RDF is an actual classic feature. And they have zero issues with CRBG’s and queuing for BG’s from anywhere.

The more likely issue is they simply can’t get RDF to work properly in classic and are gaslighting “muh community”

7 Likes

The WC story was nice though.

Of course how that applied to any dungeon after say level 40 is the catch there.

Hey dps warrior…got a shield in your pack?

Yes I do…lets do this UK!

1 Like

Was it really tho?

The story is literally:

“hey wanna tank?”

“I guess”

“cool!”

<no further conversation>

4 Likes

In the words of Red " Man I just made my 8000th best friend".

5 Likes

The lfg tool currently in the game does the same thing. It actually helps dps build a group faster than waiting for rfd. It rewards go getters for forming the group and help determine where someone is going that has 8 dungoens still to complete.

Can you leave notes in rfd so people can filter? Nope. You can currently with the lfg tool.

I do get it but to say we dont have an easy way to click a few buttons to say we want to do this or that, is odd.

If you’re the right dps with the right GS anyway.

Yeah, but what’s the point since people rarely read them? It also requires an authenticator to use which may not always be available.

2 Likes

Can you find a BFD or RFK group with current LFG tool?

5 Likes

If you think gs is stopping people from leeching, youre wrong. Im constantly pulled into a group by some 4000 dps who picks up four other 5k + members.

Theres nothing wrong with it either. And if youre using gs as a debate, youre already defeated mentally. You dont have the power or faith to think differently.

And its not difficult in todays society to download an app on your phone and set up sms for the same phone to put in notes. Also, just because you dont use what is already available to you, doesnt mean others dont. I read the notes, it comes in handy. Helps me decide who to bring or wsp. It is there and just because you say you refuse to look at it or blame others for not, doesnt show the reason for rfd.

The amount of yous out there that think like this in the game, is so small i dont even see it. I know the gs lingo because of the culture we liive in, so i blend in better when i speak. You dont have to use it as a weapon like you seem to think its for.

Anyway, this isnt a debate about gs, authentication, or rfd. Its about people mental limits in their thinking. I click the same amount of buttons with the lfg tool as i would with rfd, but lfg allows me more tools like adding notes.

Just say, "i dont want to think or see anything, i just want a button and nothing more. Not listening. "

What content specifically are you talking about??

Almost all the pro rdf people including me want it specifically for leveling dungeons.

You can leave heroic++ out of it and keep the current LFG tool for those dungeons just like retail does.

Rdf can be a pure leveling tool.

3 Likes

Yeah no, it’s about a quality of life change for a game, not some self help guru guide on youtube.

2 Likes

They always have 300 of these up, all the time.

Now right now on grobb (alliance)

4 ads up for lowbies

3 are too low or high for me (5 level rule)

there is one ad I can do but really not feeling the walk to it. first time out the bloodmyst isles at level 24/25. Its time to see if redridge pvp happens lol.

1 Like

I only have trouble with the LFG system and people just not using it properly. I list myself for the daily and ToC. Get invited to a group. Its a world tour starting with Nexus… Never signed up for it. With the RDF if I queue for a specific dungeon, I get that dungeon without wadding through all this nonsense.

I find myself actually sitting idle more now than i did with RDF. Whether its in Dal or in front of the stone.

3 Likes

if it was going to happen then it already would have.

I have the right GS but people invite me then ask me to tank >.< because apparently selecting the DPS role and specifically putting in my comment DPS isn’t enough.

2 Likes

Not really, RDF is guaranteed group, using the tool is a huge RNG check some of which the player has no agency to change. Am I on the right server, am I on the right faction, am I on at the right time of day, did i happen to refresh the tool and hit invite faster than the other DPS that are looking for a tank/healer.

RDF largely removes all that garbage.

8 Likes