Raiding and whats wrong with it

I must have missed those threads. Seen quite a few “this is just them trying to get people to buy tokens”, as if Blizzard’s business model relies on people paying others to play the game for them. (It doesn’t, btw, and the notion is silly.)

But I haven’t actually seen anybody say to people “you should just buy a carry”. The sentiment I do keep seeing is that Normal is very easy (it is) and people shouldn’t be afraid of it (they shouldn’t).

In any case, Blizzard messed up on that achievement text and will probably adjust the achievement to match the printed text.

And then everybody will talk about how great Blizzard is and that they’re really listening now, for having the achievement match the achievement text.

1 Like

I’d say the only reason we were led to believe that is the absence of distinct achievements from LFR to normal. If they existed, the cat would have been tacked on normal from the start.

1 Like

she also posts later down when a community council member says it should just be mythic and she quotes “i’d just buy a token for a carry”

Thanks for the link. What a silly thread. That OP’s post history is also interesting.

1 Like

Lots of us do.

2 Likes

Really? What on earth for?

I find myself agreeing with the majority of asmongold, belluar, and preach are saying and their opinions about things. I don’t agree on everything but theres a lot that opens up lines of thoughts or different perspectives. Does Belluar stretch out things a lot and use click baity titles half the time, he sure does. Did asmongold have a toxic past and was an *** for most of his time as a content creator, he sure did. But people change and sometimes for the better. He’s still blunt and sometimes he is still an *** but he’s not a bad person. And if people don’t want to watch him or they dont want to like them, then thats their choice and more power to them.

2 Likes

The thing is, people post on this forum everything they say anyway, so we can’t get away from them even if we don’t want to watch them.

I do agree some people will post and cling to everything he says, and I only brought him up to point out this was not my idea originally and that i’m quoting someone else.

Asmongold don’t know :poop:
The fellow hasn’t actually experienced the game as a player since he became an internet personality.

It really isn’t though, you just need to enter the right community, that is what guilds are for.
There is no hostility at all, you just need to know what you are aiming at and what you expect from a guild, then go for it.

There are many super casual friendly guilds who will take anyone regardless of initial skill and just steadily chug through the raid content.

There is no point looking for a high end elitist guild that has a bunch of raid prep requirements and is really serious if that’s not what you are after.
The same also works in reverse, you want a guild that is aiming to and has the ability to achieve the same goals as you are striving for.

1 Like

That’s the thing, though. If we wanted to know what some streamer thinks, we’d tune in ourselves. We don’t, because we don’t care what they think.

As for what you think, people are happy to hear it. I’d suggest next time leaving the streamers out of it. People come to this forum to hear what other players think, not what streamers think.

For me, the main problem with raiding is that there is so much waiting. Waiting for people to get there or get summoned, or get back when they change talents, waiting for people to apply or log on, etc. Also, too many trash mobs.

5 Likes

To many paladins to compete with in a raid spot D:

but yes thats also an issue.

1 Like

I don’t think we can look at “raiding” as a whole because the different forms are so wildly different from each other. In a well-oiled raiding guild, everyone’s on and you have plenty of people wanting to raid, so waiting isn’t an issue.

On the other hand, Mythic raiding has so many problems (like spreadsheet bosses) that players doing other forms don’t have to deal with at all.

1 Like

wait you been and / or seen guilds with so many people on who can just raid when ever they want with who ever is interested in joining? Those aren’t just rumors, hopes, and dreams? Cause really i never been in one within WoW but i have found 1 in FF14 but even that still feels rare.

1 Like

Well people aren’t on 24/7 just waiting for something to happen, but you have pre-arranged times when the raids happen and everyone’s on for those, yeah. Most guilds also have a discord these days so people can post if they can’t be there for some reason (usually work overtime, kids are sick, out of town, etc.).

That’s how raiding guilds work. That’s their whole purpose. :laughing:

1 Like

never been in a guild that adaptable or big tbh.

If you look at the guild recruitment forum (which was linked earlier in the thread), that’s how all the guilds are. They all have preset raid times.

That’s how guilds have worked (in other games) since before WoW even came out.

Asmongold is the same person that encouraged his followers to spit on players who were using store mounts. He is the last person on the face of planet that needs to be lecturing anyone about hostility, toxicity or looking down on others.

3 Likes

Just sayin, but yer boy there is part of that toxicity.

Been there, saw it, won’t watch it. /shrug

1 Like